2,120 results
All reviews exercise classes health spa thalassotherapy pool breakfast and lunch healthy food treatment area my mum sun loungers standard room relaxing break night break special offer restaurant staff birthday treat lovely grounds thalassotherapy session loyalty voucher
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been visiting Henlow for the past 17 years and have always been very happy this last visit has lived up to my expectations.
Had some problems with my original room bit that was soon sorted and I was able to move into another room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the weir.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Rosina E, Manager at Champneys Henlow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at , it is great to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Henlow.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I first went to Henlow Grange by chance 5 years ago and since then have been returning up to 4 times a year for a long weekend. Speaks for itself! So relaxing, fabulous healthy food, fab swimming pool and treatments, courteous and pleasant staff, clean, sparkling, efficient, wonderful grounds, lovely lake and wildlife and grounds - flowers at all times of the year. Local pubs and shops (if you need them!) Watch out for the cheeky black squirrel in the grounds - very sweet! And the Snowdrop Walk in the grounds. Best of all, no children..................

Room Tip: Ask to look out over the waterfall.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visit Henlow quite often as it is the nearest to us and we love everything about it but I was a little disappointed with a few things this time. They are in the middle of refurbishments and there was scaffolding in some places but it did not affect us at all. I asked for a room opposite the weir which we got but the rooms are looking "tired" - I had to go to reception and tell them the mattress was awful and I could not sleep another night on it. There was no apology but a mattress topper was promptly put on which was more comfortable. There was mould appearing in the corner of the bathroom and having a shower was not brilliant as the wet shower curtain sticks to your wet body. The tap was leaking also.
The food was excellent, the treatments too and the staff were very attentive. Hopefully once the refurbishments have been completed Champneys will be back to its high standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

May I thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us at Champneys Henlow.

I do apologise that certain aspects of your stay were not up to the high standards we pride ourselves on and indeed deliver on a consistent basis. However I am very confident that as a regular patron of Champneys you will be pleased with the refurbishment programme we are carrying out both internally and externally that encompass bedrooms and the en suite bathrooms.
I will pass on your kind comments concerning the treatments and quality of food to the Spa and Kitchen teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am a little late writing this review but I have been to Champneys, Henlow, a few times now and cannot recommend it enough. The last time I went was back in March to celebrate my birthday. All the staff are friendly and welcoming and there is a lovely relaxed atmosphere there. Some places make you feel a little self-conscience but there is none of that here. The rooms are nice and clean; a little tatty here and there but it sort of adds to the character especially the rooms in the old house, which I prefer. The food is amazing and, considering it’s a health spa, I usually end up putting on a couple of pounds! The facilities are good. Could do with a sauna in the women’s changing room and a few more working lockers but that is only a minor criticism. The classes are good, gym well equipment. All the treatments I have had have been good. I especially enjoy the thalassotherapy treatment. Last time we were there the weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed lounging on the big comfy sofas in the sunny warm conservatory reading magazines. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The Champneys shop is interesting to look around and also the Elemis counter, nice to try all of the lotions and potions. I love it there and only wish I could visit more often.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. it is great to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Henlow. Your comments regarding the resort, team, food and facilities are very pleasing to hear and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We regularly go to Champneys at Henlow Grange and always have a thoroughly good time, very relaxing surroundings, friendly staff, good value for money, can totally recommend this Spa.
Look out for the seasonal deals on their website to include a couple of treatments.

Room Tip: We like ground floor overlooking the weir, but all rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us at Champneys Henlow.

it is wonderful to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Henlow. Your comments regarding the resort, team, food and facilities are very pleasing to hear and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow in the near future.