2,108 results
All reviewsexercise classeshealth spathalassotherapy poolbreakfast and lunchhealthy foodtreatment areamy mumsun loungersstandard roomrelaxing breaknight breakspecial offerrestaurant staffbirthday treatlovely groundsthalassotherapy sessionloyalty voucher
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My second visit to this resort. I went with my sister for a birthday pamper, one night package. We were upgraded to a room in the main house which was soooo lovely, we didn't move from it for the rest of the day, except for our treatments. The setting is beautiful. Try the walks, which are easy, but you feel like you're on your own in the woods. Book your meals asap, Henlow is smaller than Tring, and popular mealtimes (7.30) get booked up quickly. Food was wonderful. Loads to eat and top quality. As always my treatments were wonderful, the complimentary facial was fabulous. Last time I came there were lots of refurbishments going in. The conservatory is now open, and gorgeous. The sauna is up and running. The steam room is still out of order. We pressed the emergency call button by mistake,thinking it was the light switch, as there was no sign saying it was Out of Order, but we were in the dark!
I cant wait to go again - I wish I could live there!!!!

Room Tip: superior weir view - cant be beaten, even by room in the house!
1  Thank cate j
Rosina E, Manager at Champneys Henlow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent 1 night stay with us at Champneys Henlow. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and unwind during your time with us whilst enjoying some wonderful food and being looked after by the team here.

As you aware our refurbishment has commenced and we have recently re opened our conservatory which is a very popular relaxing area.

Once again many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been visiting Henlow for the past 17 years and have always been very happy this last visit has lived up to my expectations.
Had some problems with my original room bit that was soon sorted and I was able to move into another room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the weir.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at , it is great to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Henlow.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I first went to Henlow Grange by chance 5 years ago and since then have been returning up to 4 times a year for a long weekend. Speaks for itself! So relaxing, fabulous healthy food, fab swimming pool and treatments, courteous and pleasant staff, clean, sparkling, efficient, wonderful grounds, lovely lake and wildlife and grounds - flowers at all times of the year. Local pubs and shops (if you need them!) Watch out for the cheeky black squirrel in the grounds - very sweet! And the Snowdrop Walk in the grounds. Best of all, no children..................

Room Tip: Ask to look out over the waterfall.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visit Henlow quite often as it is the nearest to us and we love everything about it but I was a little disappointed with a few things this time. They are in the middle of refurbishments and there was scaffolding in some places but it did not affect us at all. I asked for a room opposite the weir which we got but the rooms are looking "tired" - I had to go to reception and tell them the mattress was awful and I could not sleep another night on it. There was no apology but a mattress topper was promptly put on which was more comfortable. There was mould appearing in the corner of the bathroom and having a shower was not brilliant as the wet shower curtain sticks to your wet body. The tap was leaking also.
The food was excellent, the treatments too and the staff were very attentive. Hopefully once the refurbishments have been completed Champneys will be back to its high standards.

Dear Guest,

May I thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us at Champneys Henlow.

I do apologise that certain aspects of your stay were not up to the high standards we pride ourselves on and indeed deliver on a consistent basis. However I am very confident that as a regular patron of Champneys you will be pleased with the refurbishment programme we are carrying out both internally and externally that encompass bedrooms and the en suite bathrooms.
I will pass on your kind comments concerning the treatments and quality of food to the Spa and Kitchen teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am a little late writing this review but I have been to Champneys, Henlow, a few times now and cannot recommend it enough. The last time I went was back in March to celebrate my birthday. All the staff are friendly and welcoming and there is a lovely relaxed atmosphere there. Some places make you feel a little self-conscience but there is none of that here. The rooms are nice and clean; a little tatty here and there but it sort of adds to the character especially the rooms in the old house, which I prefer. The food is amazing and, considering it’s a health spa, I usually end up putting on a couple of pounds! The facilities are good. Could do with a sauna in the women’s changing room and a few more working lockers but that is only a minor criticism. The classes are good, gym well equipment. All the treatments I have had have been good. I especially enjoy the thalassotherapy treatment. Last time we were there the weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed lounging on the big comfy sofas in the sunny warm conservatory reading magazines. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The Champneys shop is interesting to look around and also the Elemis counter, nice to try all of the lotions and potions. I love it there and only wish I could visit more often.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. it is great to receive feedback from a regular guest who knows the resort so well and is able to provide such an accurate overview of Champneys Henlow. Your comments regarding the resort, team, food and facilities are very pleasing to hear and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Henlow in the near future.