Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #1 of 3 Henlow B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Subtle interior design, fantastic wet-room type bathroom, HD television, minibar, espresso maker and personal safe to name a few of the services in the room not forgetting high-speed WiFi and the very pleasant surroundings of The Crown. There was even a hair dryer and set of hair straighteners in case you feel like getting dressed up!

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam

“Luxurious, Secure & Quiet”

Thank you for great review of us here at The Crown Rooms, I couldn't have done a better advert myself.

We were all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for scoring us so highly.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hitchin
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Driving to Langford garden centre we decided on a Crown bfast .
Lovely decor and efficient welcoming staff seated us promptly .
Ordered coffees which duly arrived but then waited 25 minutes for food .
Worth the wait though , delicious smoked organic bacon and two eggs on fresh bread arrived but just as we started tucking in , one off the staff decided to spray clean the glass door right next to us .
Call me a traditionalist but I prefer ketchup on my bacon as opposed to windowlene (sic) .

However , these are minor glitches in what was an enjoyable visit .
We will return !

Kind regards
John

• Stayed July 2014
Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hi Johnny

“Fabulous food but prefer to eat and drink at the same time”

Thank you for reviewing us at The Crown, Rooms.

Really pleased you enjoyed your breakfast with us.
Apologies though for the wait for meals however we do usually serve the coffee first as most prefer this.

We were a bit new to breakfast last month so I can assure you we have changed our cleaning routines now.

Appreciate the constructive feedback!

Staffordshire
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had an early morning flight from Luton Airport, so chose this place after a brief web search. We booked it in a bit of a rush and I must say we were not expecting too much, as at the time, no photos of the rooms were available on their website. Also no online reviews seemed to exist. The reason for this later became clear.

On arrival, early Friday evening, the large car park was all but full (I think we took the last space!), which is always a good sign for a pub! On entry to the pub, it was busy as expected and we couldn’t easily find any obvious area to check in for our stay. I fought my way to the busy bar and enquired and to my surprise the staff member acknowledged my booking, even quoting my name from memory! From here we were escorted to our room. As other reviewers have described these are a brand new, tasteful conversion of some old outbuildings just across the garden from the pub. I was totally amazed at the quality and style of the rooms and surprised by the high standard to which they had been finished. We were told that the rooms had only just been completed that week and that we were some of the first guests! (Hence no photos or previous reviews!)

Not believing our luck at this point, we took a quick drink in the garden, before having dinner that we had pre-booked in the busy restaurant. This was surprise number 2! The table was ready and waiting. The standard of the menu and each of the dishes we received from it was second to none and way above many top restaurants. Accompanied by an excellent wine list, we ended up eating and drinking far more than we planned! From that point it was obvious why this place was so busy! Although not a particularly cheap option, the quality of both the food and accommodation is well worth the price.

We had to leave early in the morning for our flight but on mentioning this, we were told that they would pack a breakfast up for us and leave in the room before the end of the evening. Once again, this was a nice surprise and we ended up with some fresh croissants, ham freshly carved from the bone, cheese etc. A nice touch and great customer service.

Thank you to all of the staff concerned for a wonderful evening! This is one place to which we will definitely find an excuse to return to!

Room Tip: All rooms are brand new and high spec!

“Way above expectations!”

Well thank you so much for your amazing and comprehensive review of us here at The Crown Pub, Dining & Rooms.
I have passed on to all the team at the Crown so they can see their hard work and great customer care is appreciated.

Really pleased you enjoyed our brand new" hi spec rooms" and that you enjoyed your drinks in the garden and then your Dinner and Wine in our Restaurant.

Thank you again for great review.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Crown for one night. I was allowed an early check in which was a bonus. The staff showed me to my room and couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are so nice, I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere as cute. Everything in the room is high spec (even had a smart tv and Clarins toiletries!) and it's quite clear that the owners didn't cut corners with anything and furbished it to a high standard.
Breakfast was really good, vide choice of food and drink.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone.
I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
Hi Kat

“So cute!”

Oooh thank you for your "cute" review of us at The Crown Pub, Dining & Rooms.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay, lovely to read you appreciated the smart tv and Clarins toiletries.
Plus great to read you enjoyed our breakfast, included in the price of the room.

Thanks again.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Did not stay over night ,but wish we had . The food was fantastic and very reasonable in price. The service was second to none in the restaurant. Looked at the new chalet style accommodation. It looks crisp and fresh although I felt a little over priced for what it was. Drop down to 95 a night and you will fill up pretty quick . All in all what a great place . I will be calling in next time i am in the area.

Hi Joss

“Nice little pub . Pleased we found it !”

Thank you for your kind review of us at The Crown Pub, Dining & Rooms.
We all enjoyed reading your kind review of us.
Really pleased you enjoyed your food and service with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Had to be near Luton overnight,we found The Crown via the many web searches we did, most other accommodation was full.
As the other reviewer says delightful rooms just across from the Pub all on ground level. We were late booking in so we didn't have chance to try the Pub food but the Bar was well stocked including 3 Real ales.
The Breakfasts don't start until 7.30 but we needed to be away earlier, had to be in London by car so I enquired of the very helpful female manager about something we could take away, she checked with the Chef and a little buffet breakfast was rustled up for us, this was nearly 11.00 at night. These are the things that make a difference hence my review.
The breakfast was delightful with top quality ingredients that and the Nespresso coffee in the room.
Only one item requires slight attention, as the 5 rooms are brand new and have emergency lighting installed the green light that they emit no doubt to show they are working gives a green glow in the room all night which can make sleeping tricky for those of us who prefer the dark to sleep.
The Crown Inn is a credit to the area, the London train stops in Henlow don't miss it...

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

“What a little Gem”

What a lovely title to your review and what a nice review you have made!
We are all delighted to read your kind comments.

I have sorted that green light, as result of your review, thank you.

The train does indeed stop, from London, just half an hour and 3 stops, a mile away.
Don't look up Henlow as the station is called Arlesey.

Thanks again for reviewing us.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I found the pub hotel online as we were looking for somewhere to stay on Saturday 12 July for a party in Biggleswade. We checked in at 4pm and was met by a smiley, friendly and professional young lady (long brown hair, tied in a loose pony tail on the side - sorry, didn't take her name!) who showed us to the single storey building, just off the pub garden, where the newly opened rooms were located.

Although the garden was busy, once inside the room with the door shut, it was quiet. The large room was lovely with a high, beamed roof which had everything you could possibly need, including a gorgeous coffee machine, herbal teas, fresh milk in the fridge by the bed and a kettle - all brand new and spotless clean.

The bathroom was a good size with a shower that had doors which pushed back to the wall to give more room, however my husband who is quite broad, found it hard to manoeuvre them!

The weather outside was humid which made the room very warm and although there was a window, we couldn't leave it open as there wasn't a semi-open lock fitted and it was on the ground floor.

The breakfast was full and hearty with a good choice, however we weren't overly taken with the charred look of the food caused by the type of grill used. The food itself was good, however my husband's pancakes were huge, thick and charred, as well as the bacon!

All in all, this is a rustic pub offering very attractive accommodation, well located for the A1 (M).

Hi There

“A rustic room in a handy location for the A1(M)!”

Thank you for taking the trouble to review us here at The Crown in Henlow.
I was really pleased to read your comprehensive review of us, especially as you were one of first people to stay in our brand new rooms.

We have taken on board all the comments you have made.

Hoping you can stay with us again in the near future.

Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henlow
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
#1 of 1 in Henlow
The Acers
The Acers
#2 of 3 in Henlow

Been to The Crown? Share your experiences!