Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Henlow
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the B659 in High Street at Henlow with easy access from Junction 10 off the A1. This pretty pub with its picturesque garden is full of traditional character and the perfect place to eat, drink and relax.
Henlow
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I've had breakfast at the Crown numerous times now, every time my visit has been outstanding. Food to a very high standard and good prices for what you get. Very impressed. Highly recommend.

4 Thank WesleyNewbury
Hi Wes

“Outstanding Breakfasts ”

Great to hear from you again! Hope all Ok?

Nice to hear you are a regular for breakfast at The Crown, great to hear and I am delighted you are very impressed.

Best regards

Bedfordshire
“Breakfast now served”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Esandi81
Hi There

“Breakfast now served”

Yes it is, EVERY DAY and you can book on line from our web site www.crownpub.co.uk

Thanks for review!
"Gorgeous breakfast , the sausages are outstanding and great coffee. Will be going again soon right on my doorstep."

Nothing to add!

“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hi Leigh

“Disappointing ”

Oh no what a“Disappointing ” review to receive.

However doesn't really help me investigate as all you have said is
"The food was tasteless for both main meals. For the price, I was really disappointed. I last visited around a year ago and the food was amazing. This has kind of put me off."

I don't know when or what you eat so difficult to comment, but I still would like to apologise as you have taken trouble to write.

I can't believe you didn't review last year when was "amazing"

Bedford, England
“Wedding Reception with excellent food and faultless service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We chose the Crown to host our small Wedding Reception of 19 guests. The decision was based on a previous delicious meal, the friendly atmosphere we always encountered, it's reputation for good food and several visits for a drink and a chat about our occasion.
Ellen, our very own 'wedding planner', is a credit to the Crown and made the whole process painless, even with our many changes!
Eventually we provided our desired table layout and a list of everyone's menu choices - nibbles & sharers, starters, main course and deserts - and left the rest to Ellen and Karl, the head chef.
The room had been decorated for us on the day, so when we arrived it looked lovely. The service given by Shannon & Ellen was superb and the chef & his team made sure all our courses were ready at the right time and with no delays.
The quality of the food was commented on by everyone. We had many different options from all the menus (both adult & children) so I cannot review all the food, just to say that everyone was happy with their choices and all enjoyed their meals.
All their staff (not just front of house) worked very hard to give us a special day so I definitely would recommend The Crown not only as a Pub but as a Restaurant for a special occasion for a couple (with the option of an overnight stay in their beautiful rooms) or a larger group.
Many thanks, Peter & Julie.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Somuchtosee01
Hi Peter & Julie

“Wedding Reception with excellent food and faultless service”

We are so pleased to read your 2nd review of us at The Crown in Henlow.
So lovely your 1st glowing review was last February 14th (Valentines Day)

We were delighted to host your (Wedding) party on the 7th August 2014 and all really pleased you enjoyed so much.

Ellen, Karl and Shannon especially pleased you gave them a special mention. thank you.

We wish you both all the best for the future!

Regards Paul

ps. We don't usually do (Christening) parties, as so busy on Sundays, but exceptions for you as I'm sure we will get a nice 3rd review.
Cardiff
“Gastropub breakfast”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast whilst visiting family nearby. This certainly is no greasy spoon, with pork and apple sausages, maple cured thick cut bacon and very sweet fried cherry tomatoes. Huge plates made the breakfast look very small, but the portions were spot on. The pancakes were fantastic, although providing maple syrup in an accompanying jug might be better to allow individuals to choose their sugar rush!

Nice location, good beer gardens. Prices aren't cheap, but the quality is good. Didn't have a pint so can't comment on their beer quality but looking forward to an evening pint next time we visit.

2 Thank NomadicGeek
Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi There, NomadicGeek from Cardiff

“Gastropub breakfast”

Oh thank you for taking the trouble to review your breakfast with us, where we were all delighted to read you enjoyed your meals with us.

Yes we are certainly no "greasy spoon" and lovely to note you appreciated the quality of our breakfast products.

We have only been open for breakfast since July and already proving very popular, where we can take online bookings from our web site.

Thanks again