The Knife & Cleaver(Houghton Conquest)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$129
US$88
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$69
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$69
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Upper Wood End Farm B&B(Marston Moretaine)
Upper Wood End Farm(Marston Moretaine)
TripAdvisor
Mitchell Hall(Cranfield)
Priceline
All reviewspetrol stationhour garagestayed heretravel lodgeservice stationforest centrelocal amenitiesburger kingelectric kettlehotel is ideally locatedroom was cleandouble glazinglate arrivalshower bathsuited our needssmall hotellight sleeper
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a standard Travelodge hotel which, always, makes it very hard to review or assign a grade to.

The hotel is clean and fresh and decorated in the standard Travelodge decor with the standard room set up and layout. The beds are comfy and the bathrooms are clean. Generally speaking it is all you could ask for in this type of accommodation.

The one thing I would say is that the hotel is very close to a petrol station and half the rooms, at the front of the building, front on to the forecourt. As I am a light sleeper this would mildly concern me and, as such, when I checked in to a room that fronted the forecourt I asked to be moved to the rear before the possible problem occurred (meaning I can't say if it was a problem or not!).

I have to give great praise to the staff as they did not blink an eye at this request and moved me immediately, even warning me that there could be some noise at the back early in the morning as there was a building site nearby (as I had to be out early the next day this was no problem though).

In particular, Sue, was excellent. Friendly and bubbly and only too happy to help. As I am staying again on Friday she has even sorted my room out already so that I don't have any issues with noise.

All in all a standard Travelodge but the staff, in my opinion, put it at the top of that class. If I was just rating Travelodge's I would give it a five but it drops down due to the basic nature of Travelodge's generally.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quiet, i cant speak for ones at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A pit stop for work following day with good proximity to Motorway. Pleasant stay overall, staff were helpful and efficient, room was clean and bed very comfortable. Second stay this year and both times A+.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank eddy346
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Myself and my partner were on the way to a friends wedding at The Barns Hotel in Bedford, when we happened upon this Travelodge. It was a great find considering our initial plan was to sleep on my sister's floor in Arlsey! We tried to book a walk-in but they told us they didn't accept walk-in bookings and we would have to book online - which, wasn't really an issue but seemed a bit silly considering we had to stand at the desk on the mobile to book a room in a hotel we were stood in. However, for £54 a night, you can't really argue!!

Check in wasn't until 2pm but we had to be at the wedding for 1:30pm which put is in a bit of a predicament because we wouldn't be returning until after midnight. Sue on reception was VERY helpful and offered to book in for us, giving us a key for our room to use on our return. Thanks Sue, lifesaver!

Room itself was what you would expect from a Travelodge, cheap and cheerful and did the job for one night. No lock on the bathroom door, which was weird but hey-ho, we're all adults.

Hotel itself is situated on a roundabout and has a petrol station outside, which did cause some noise with people coming and going (24/7 use) and there is also a burger king on the site.

Good place to book if you have an event at The Barns, because the taxi only costs £11.80 no matter what time of night you book it, so ended up being a pretty inexpensive night overall really!

Room Tip: Room 20 overlooks the car park - can hear noise from petrol station if windows open
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy-Louise S
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Good clean hotel, close to pubs and burger king, good welcome from lady on desk, large enough carpark with a costa machine in the garage. Good check out time at 12. Clean and simple, easy check out system

Would return

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel before never had any problems with anything , on our most recent stay we was met with sue on reception at check in who told us she was working till 11pm and how she “doesnt take any s@“t “And not to smoke in the room she also told us the local pub wasnt open when we knew it was but she was adamant it was closed ,

i think a little re training on the local amenities is needed for this staff member

When asking for the managers details she was reluctant to give any at first wanting to know what the issue was then when i told her why i required them she denied she had said that when we checked in even tho there was my 2 colleagues present at the time , she was flapping around trying to find a number because she knew she was in the wrong ,

this hotel is stuck in the 90s ,1 key between 3 of us not really helpful when we are working at different places . Apart from the issue with the unprofessional receptionist everything else was ok

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Bedford Marston Moretaine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write this review.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service you have received in the bar cafe, where you felt the hotel did not deliver consistent customer care due to staffing levels. We would be more than happy to receive further feedback from you via the contact us form on our website as this will enable us to bring your experience to the hotel manager's attention.

We look forward to hearing from you and improving the service we offer. Thank you for your feedback.