“A refreshed Travelodge in a quiet, but remote, location”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Toddington M1 Southbound
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toddington
Taunton
“A refreshed Travelodge in a quiet, but remote, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Obviously not suitable if you want to go out in the evening but for an en-route site it works well. Quite a way from the services shops etc. and, particularly in the annexe, very quiet. You can drive to the Travelodge if you're heading North as well as South although the link road to the Southbound side is a bit tricky to find so you may have to drive around the site a bit to find it as there are not many signs to show you where to go.

Room Tip: Try for the annexe if you're a light sleeper as the main buildin is closer to the lorry park
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MTFTaunton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here as a young family while visiting the local area. The last Travelodge I stayed in was the Brentford one which was ok. Also stayed in Ilford Travelodge a while back which was also alright, but traditionally we tend to gravitate towards Premier Inns - often a few pounds more but we find them a safe choice.

On this occasion we had to book at pretty short notice and £38 for the night was quite a bit cheaper than any other option around. I chose this Travelodge as it's also advertised as refurbished and remembering the old style portable tvs and general run down nature of most Travelodges, it was a bit more appealing.

I suppose giving it a 2 point/poor rating is a little harsh - you get what you pay for. The room was a bit dated, despite the supposed refurb although the small flat screen tv was ok. We were in a family room and the small additional bed was probably the worst I have experienced - the mattress was rock hard. A small electric wall mounted heater adorned the corner of the room and despite turning it to the max, did not work. Although it was a wet and slightly chilly night it was not essential so did not bother to ask about this at reception. Cleanliness was debatable - the large desk which the tv was situated on was sticky from one end to the other, as though fizzy drink had been spilled on it at some point. I passed through reception several times during the evening and at no point was reception manned although it was on our arrival and the lady was pleasant enough. I suppose somebody would have appeared if I had rung the bell but nothing was that urgent, just thought it was a little unusual.

Overall, I think it's nice to stay at a Travelodge once every few years, just to compare what they have to offer with what we are more used to (eg Premier Inn). Unfortunately, in future we will pay the extra few pounds for the more pleasant and civilised Premier Inn experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Toddington hotels

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Whilst en route to home in Sussex having set off from Tamworth earlier in the day, we decided to stop over for the night, especially as it was getting very late, & the weather getting progressively worse.
It didn't look that welcoming from the outside, it had a rather bleak & slightly rundown appearance to it coupled with random people hanging around outside it smoking away till their hearts content.
But, don't let that put you off. Please don't!
For once inside, the outside of the hotel is quickly forgotten, giving way to what can only be described as a real find, a "Diamond in the Rough" if you like, with good value thrown in.
Our room (on the second floor & be aware there is no lift) was perfect in every single way.
The beds were exceptionally comfy (probably to comfy, as our 3 year old didn't wake up until nearly 9am, and we needed to be on the road for 08.30) there were plenty of extra pillows, a lovely king-size bed, & a large single bed for our young son. The rooms were spotless, & the décor was better than in some 4-5 star hotels.
But best of all, was the fact that there was absolutely no noise of any kind at all, & our room was overlooking the carpark. Suffice to say, we all slept exceptionally soundly that night which given our first impressions of the hotel was something of a pleasant surprise.
Just goes to prove, that you can't judge a hotel by it's "cover" / exterior, I got it wrong twice in the space of just 24 hours (if you read my other Travelodge review you'll understand).
Would most definitely stay here again if the need ever arises.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Yes the room was full of them arghhh, now that's the least of my worries, 1st of all the bathroom door had no lock and the latch wasn't working so kid walked in on me whilst undressed (arghh), next the massive mosquito's a.k.a daddy long legs reception guy said it's a known problem they can't do anything about, then to top it all off I GOT A TICKET FOR PARKING IN THE HOTEL CAR PARK WHAT!!!??? and lastly they won't give me a refund because I cancelled early due to vehicle breakdown. Not using Travelodge again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Al R
Windermere, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed overnight at Toddington Travelodge. Arriving during a heavy shower, I managed to park my car within ten feet of the entrance door; checked-in with Reception; exchanged some light-hearted chat with the the Staff-on-Duty; slept soundly overnight and left by 7.30am the following morning.
Three weeks later I received a Parking Charge Notice from CP-Plus (parking enforcement agents) for exceeding the 2-hour maximum-stay on the car park. They want £50 and have not accepted my simple explanation that I was a resident. They want to see my Receipt; which (with my trip completed) I have now thrown away.
I saw no warning signs. The staff mentioned nothing. The Travelodge is situated on a motorway service station; how else do customers arrive?
What has happened to me does seem a bit bizarre and potential guests need to be aware of it. I am now tasked with obtaining a response from Travelodge and at 10pm, on a weekday, with all their Reception-desks still open; their telephone lines are not being answered and the direct-line to Toddington Travelodge appears to be 'off the hook.' Yes! 30 minutes has elapsed and Toddington still have the 'line engaged' tone. Off-the-hook, I guess.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff R
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Great travellers rest. Basic but
Very clean, fresh and convenient.
At last Travelodge are getting it right.
Great value for money and includes free parking which
Is always a bonus!! I can only hope that Travelodge are rolling this refurbished look in all other areas.

• Stayed August 2013
Helensburgh,Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We have just left after 3 nights in the Travelodge. It was spotlessly clean and towels were changed daily throughout our stay. For the comments about where it is located, it clearly states that it is on the south bound motorway, so even for a simpleton blonde like myself, even I could work it out! For us, it was perfect for location as we were visiting relatives in Flitwick, Luton and visiting London. I would totally recommend this as a bargain place to stay if visiting the area close by. Will definitely stay here again..no problem! :)

Room Tip: we were situated on the rooms on the reception side of the building. I am deaf so noise isn't an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toddington
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
King William Hotel
King William Hotel
#11 of 25 in Luton
Premier Inn Dunstable South A5 Hotel
BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel

Been to Travelodge Toddington M1 Southbound? Share your experiences!