“hotel is basic, bedrooms very nice service is excellent”

Travelodge Toddington M1 Southbound
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toddington
Preston, United Kingdom
“hotel is basic, bedrooms very nice service is excellent”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here 27th May for the night. Very basic from the outset, but the rooms are newly refurbished. Very comfortable beds and lovely bathroom. What I wish to really highlight is that I was on a business trip. after 7 hours of driving and arriving at 9pm, I was exhausted and not in the best of moods as I just wanted to relax for an early start the next morning.

As I entered the basic reception, I think the lady was called lisa(sorry if I got it wrong) but she met me with such a smiling face and sympathetic to my long journey. Her 5 minutes of pleasantries and conversation really took the weight off my shoulders.

She even helped me planning my route to Electrolux in Luton for the next morning.

As I am in the service sector, the professionalism and great attitude and care she showed was fantastic! This makes the Travelodge stay even more comfortable! Thank you.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel is on the services of the M1, It is very amazing that the noise levels are no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mebs123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for the weekend in early May.

The lady on reception - Lisa - was lovely and very welcoming.

We got no sleep whatsoever on the first night due to the noise of a lorry engine running almost constantly by a very selfish driver. This was even with the windows completely closed which we hate having to do as it was so stuffy. As a result, we were completely shattered the following day and did not enjoy our day in London as we could barely stay awake! I realise this is not the fault of the hotel but really annoying. This is not the first time we have had this problem at hotels on the Motorway.

The following night (Saturday)thankfully was much better - maybe because it was the weekend and we barely heard any noise at all - inside or outside. Wish we had stayed an extra night as we were going home that day.

Very comfortable bed.

Minimal noise from the traffic on the Motorway.

Free Parking.

Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AMBER24121993
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Recently stayed a few nights at this hotel. I found it to be excellent value for money. It was very clean and tidy. The hotel had been recently refurbished.Staff were friendly and helpful. Discounts on food were available to be used at the motorway services. Although near the M! no traffic noise was heard. Free car parking that looked secure. Will use again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped over for 1 night to break up a journey to dorset. The travelodge staff were very welcoming the rooms were refurbished and comfortable. The service station noise was not noticeable inside the rooms also minimal noise from motorway. My only gripe ia that the bathroom needs an extracter fan as ir gets very humid when having a shower.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Used Travelodge for the first time and what an experience. I would definitely go back. On entering we were met by Lisa who could not have been more helpful. The room was clean and comfortable as was the reception area. First impressions count and we would definitely recommend this Travelodge if you are in this area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Isabel P
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Well ok, the curtains had been changed, the new beds were comfortable and the linen was clean. But that was as far as it went and it certainly didn't live upto expectations. The carpet looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years and wasn't hoovered even though the room was 'cleaned' after our 1st night. Walking barefoot in the room was impossible as feet turned black as soon as you came out of the shower. My little one certainly couldn't play on the floor in what was meant to be a family room. The door could not be double locked, again a problem with a youngster. The door also felt fairly insecue.The desk space was sticky and worn. A simple wipe across the top lifted several layers of grime.The floor of the bathroom was dirty especially in the corners and the toilet was stained. Cobwebs around the windows, complete with dead flies, complimented the air vent which had black dirt emerging from it. Arriving for the second night a wait of 10 minutes for the receptionist so the room key that we had been forced to surrender in the morning could be retrieved. So much potential, but so little delivered. Never again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Toddington hotels

Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

As in other travelodges, the room was very clean and warm. The shower was great and the new beds are super comfy. We nipped next door for M&S food to eat while we watched TV. Because the Travelodge is by the motorway there was no noise of drunmen people coming back late at night etc. My only slight gripe is that one superwoman seemed to be doing everything: reception, cleaning etc and running between both sites. She was still there when we left next morning, so I'm not sure if she is allowed to sleep! I would rather pay a little more and know that the place was well staffed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SMAH67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toddington
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moretaine
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moret...
#1 of 1 in Marston Moretaine
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Travelodge Luton
Travelodge Luton
#13 of 26 in Luton
Longs Inn Hotel
Longs Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Travelodge Toddington M1 Southbound? Share your experiences!