“That's what I call service.”
Review of Raj Gate

Raj Gate
Ranked #48 of 71 Restaurants in Amersham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tel: 01494 434784
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That's what I call service.”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have used this restaurant a few times over the years for their lunchtime specials.
Due to family circumstances I have been unable to visit them for approx 18 months.
I went there yesterday lunchtime, and was greeted by a waiter whom I had not seen before,I asked for a table for one and as the waiter showed me to a table by the window, a voice from the back said " no no no, this gentleman always sits here " ( table by the pillar next to the bar ). What a memory ! plus he remembered that I came from St Albans. Food lovely as always, and excellent value at £8.95 including a drink ( £10 really with tip ). I can't wait to go again.

• Visited February 2014

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Atmosphere.”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

If you enjoy tasty, authentic, Indian cuisine then I would definitely recommend the Raj Gate. I visited this restaurant on Thursday 16th January and the tables filled fairly quickly as the evening progressed, generating a wonderful friendly atmosphere.

The menu is pretty extensive, the qualty was excellent, and the good sized portions were delivered hot and without being rushed between courses.

The staff were all cheerful, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items, and contributed to a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited January 2014
Seaford, United Kingdom
“OMG. The BEST I have tasted. ”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Went on the off chance after seeing Tripadvisor 'flyer' in the window. The food was superb. We specifically asked not to be rushed - and we weren't. The service was discreet and extremely attentive. We were given advice on wine as well. We cannot speak highly enough of all the staff.
We are in the area next month and will certainly be eating here again. Wish it was nearer home!!

Amersham, United Kingdom
“excellent meal”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is our second meal from Raj Gate and we have really enjoyed the food. Today I had the lamb madras and my husband the traditional lamb curry takeaway and they were both beautifully flavoured and the meat was good quality also. Would definitely return here before long.

• Visited January 2014
Amersham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More salt than the dead sea!!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

we used this restaurant religiously up to a few years ago, and the food was always great. However we ordered a delivery one night and the food tasted like it had been cooked in a bag of salt. This put us off for about 18 months. Last week we thought we would give it another try, and we really wish we hadn't. Again food arrived, and was so salty it left our mouths tingling!! No more chances!!!

• Visited December 2013