“Best delivery service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raj Gate

Raj Gate
Ranked #50 of 71 Restaurants in Amersham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tel: 01494 434784
London
“Best delivery service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Their food is amazing, and delivery is very quick! it is the best delivery service in the village and i would recommend it, they also have a £25 for two people menu mon-thurs which includes a bottle of wine! Brilliant deals!

Visited August 2014

“Worst Indian in a while”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on a sat night. Waiter wasn't very friendly and when taking our drinks order he didn't even look at us. Poppadoms were stale and mains had none of the traditional Indian spice flavours. In fact as someone else mentioned they were like ready meals and prob made in a microwave.

This was a major disappointment and probably the worst Indian meal I have ever had and I won't go back

Won't come her

2 Thank Artierufkin
London, United Kingdom
“Best indian in amersham area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Finally, a decent indian in Amersham. Being of Indian origin,band my wife being a very good cook, we tend not to eat indian when we go out. We had tried the spice society recently...which was awful. So when a group of friends suggested an indian in amersham, I was not looking forward to it a all.

I really enjoyed it, food was good, tasty and the spices were well balanced. Service was good. And I would go back and recommend. I tried the chilli chicken, chicken balti, prawn balti and saag paneer....all decent.

Visited July 2014
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Visited in a party of 7 on a whim on a weekday night. Luckily we arrived just as a group was leaving, so they were happy to accommodate us. Fresh poppadums with the usual accompaniments, and then flavoursome main courses, thoroughly enjoyed by all. Service was efficient and brisk, so, all in all, a very good experience.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Management need to get a grip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Looking at a previous review only confirmed my feelings that the management was lacking something.

We visited a few days ago and found the premises to be very smart and clean.Service was friendly and speedy,the problem was with one of the meals.

Our starters were fine and my partners main,although not totally scrumptious was acceptable.However,my chicken dish was a disaster.

The chicken had the consistency of cardboard,in fact it was so hard and dry that when I tried to cut it a piece shot off the plate at a rate of knots and landed I know not where..I could not chew it so I left it.

I am convinced that the meat had been pre-cooked(dangerous!) and then blasted in a microwave.

My real concern was how the situation was handled by the management........badly.

I was asked if I did not like dish and said it was too dry.He said it has been overcooked and took it away.

I was offered no apology,explanation or any further mention of the dish I was paying for.

The next contact with manager was when he brought us the bill for the full amount.I did not argue,just paid and left.

A real pity as we always rated this place,in fact I placed the first Tripadvisor review after they opened.

We will NEVER return and advise you to think twice before visiting.

• Visited May 2014