“Great Turkish food in a friendly place”
Review of Village Mangal

Village Mangal
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Amersham
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great Turkish food in a friendly place”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked a table here after recommendations from a variety of friends and were not disappointed. The menu is extensive and although the wine list is a bit more restricted, everyone should find something they like. Warm bread and delicious dips were provided as soon as we placed our order. Don't fill up too much on these though, as portion sizes are very generous. The food is fresh, tastes wonderful and is great value for money, the staff are warm and friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed and happy. Booking is advisable as even on a Thursday night in May they were quite busy. I didn't get to try the puddings as I couldn't fit one in, but my husband enjoyed his. All in all a very enjoyable meal for a reasonable price and it won't be long before we make a return visit.

4 Thank Acquisitor

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Turkish”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good food at a reasonable price. Typical kebabd and salad but good quality. It always seem to be so very busy - best to book

2 Thank Cliff E
Otley, United Kingdom
“Top quality and great service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I regularly travel from Yorkshire to visit the in laws in amersham and we always ensure we stop at mangal. The food is really good, fresh, tasty and great value.

The fixed price lunch is only £8.99 for 2 courses and a soft drink. Although this has recently gone up it still represents fantastic value for what you get.

The owner (or manager) Ishmael is a really friendly bloke who always gives you a hearty and genuine greeting. In fact all the staff seem motivated and dedicated to giving great service.

I love this place and recommend it to anyone living in or visiting amersham. Probably best to book though, it regularly gets booked up, unsurprisingly.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Tom W
Burton, United Kingdom
“Tasty Value Menu”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here with some colleagues on a Wednesday evening.
We booked (one of the guys is local and recommended we book as it gets busy), this turned out to be a very good decision.
When we arrived (just before 8pm) the restaurant was full except for our table and a table for 2.
The seating was quite tight and we were very close to other tables, this is the only negative from the visit.
The food is tasty, the waiter served us quickly with drinks and whilst browsing the menus we finished off the chilli and yoghurt, asked for some more which was at the table very quickly.
We had the mixed hot mezze platter for starter, this was nice and hot, appeared to be freshly cooked and was very tasty.
For main I had the lamb shank, highly recommend this, just make sure you are hungry as it's a good portion.
Bill for 4 of us with drinks (2 of us on soft drinks, 2 of us on beers) was just over £100. Very reasonable, especially for the area.
Well worth a visit, make sure you book.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank ChrisM239
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Kapoww”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Wow! What a superb meal my friends and I had this evening at Village Mangai. Seated by the window during a rare balmy evening in the UK, the restaurant was packed and the service jovial.

Keen not to miss out on foods which we wouldn't normally cook in our own homes, we enjoyed starters, mains, dessert and coffee. Our plates piled high with an array of sumptuous, spiced, aromatic food and generous portions of salad.

This being a Turkish restaurant, it's heaven to a protein junkie. I ordered a Mangai special which basically meant every meat product on the menu featured on one plate :) The chap serving us, was at pains to notify me it would be far too much but I had breakfast in mind too, having established I could take a doggie bag home.

He was right! But I made good inroads into the dish and my friends were equally impressed with their food. The meat is high-quality; tender, braised, marinated, cooked to perfection. The salads were dressed with unctuous oils and hints of herbs and the accompanying flatbreads and dips, all combined to make this one of the best dining experiences I've had locally in a long while. Thank you Village Mangai, we will be back :)

2 Thank EmmaJJames