“Lovely Food In Olde English Pub”
Review of Hit or Miss

Hit or Miss
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Amersham
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: European, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 300-year old traditional Country Pub / Restaurant in beautiful picturesque olde worlde English village. Wisteria round the door, wooden and carpetted floors, real log fires, original beams. Private areas available for functions.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Six of us went for a meal last nigh and I had probably the most tender delicious liver I've ever eaten. It was as tender as possible and the gravy was really delicious. If I had one criticism and it's just that I had my hopes set on having a steak pie and this pub offers no "pub grub" so don't go expecting bangers and mashed or steak pie. Otherwise, have no fear you will get an excellent meal.

Mary M, Owner at Hit or Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for this feedback. I'm delighted you thought the liver was the most tender delicious liver you have had. Sorry you were disappointed at the lack of pies. We do occasionally offer them on our Specials menu, but naturally not all the time and unfortunately not on the night you were here. Perhaps you'll be more lucky next time.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Have been frequenting the Hit or Miss for many years but still love it. Threw a surprise 60th for my father in law and we were looked after very well. Bbq was delicious and plentiful. So to wrap it up a quintessential English pub with the service and food the match. Oh and a big thanks to Mike,Mary and the team .

1  Thank steveknill3
Mary M, Owner at Hit or Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for this review. I'm delighted that you still love us after all these years and that your BBQ went so well. We do strive to give great food and great service. See you again soon, I hope.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently went one lunch time and then again for Sunday lunch. The food was excellent both times and the staff were friendly and efficient. The warm brie open sandwich was delicious and my friends tuna sandwich was about 3 inches high and very tasty.My father, brother and husband's roast beef Sunday lunch was approved by all and the 2 vegetarians enjoyed a tortilla bake with lots of vegetables. We were all too full to have a pudding, the portions are very generous.

Mary M, Owner at Hit or Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time for this review. We're pleased you think our food is excellent and the staff friendly and efficient. We are renowned for our sandwiches and surprised that many pubs don't offer them. We are particularly pleased that the vegetarians enjoyed their meals as we try to make these dishes as interesting as possible. A pity you had no room for puds as these are especially good and all made by our own chefs. Perhaps next time!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely littLe place. Food great and reasonably priced. Pleasant friendly atmosphere. Delightful interior with lots of charm. Staff helpful and attentive.

Mary M, Owner at Hit or Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you very much for this review. We're delighted that you think our food is great and reasonably priced. We do aim to provide a pleasant friendly atmosphere with our staff being helpful and attentive, so glad you appreciate that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a 90th Birthday Party at the Pub with about 40 guests on a busy Sunday, the Buffet Food they set out was Excellent, enjoyed by Young & Old . Great Service thanks to all the Staff & a Big thanks to Steph for keeping all the Glasses topped up . Mike & Mary perfect Hosts, so we'll be back soon & booking for the 100th Birthday Party ! A Great place for a Family Do - Thanks again

1  Thank Mike D
Mary M, Owner at Hit or Miss, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for this great review. I'm glad your guests enjoyed our buffet so much and that you had such great service. We certainly hope to see you again before the 100th!