“A Hidden Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amersham
Hill House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Amersham B&B and Inns
Bolton, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came, we saw and you conquered us with your warm welcome and superb hospitality! Helen and Nick have created a perfect setting to welcome visitors to their beautiful home - the rooms are a delight, the gardens second to none and the food gourmet standard! It is the sheer warmth and enthusiasm however, of the owners which ensures this particular establishment stands out from the rest. We shall definitely visit again and we recommend anyone else to do the same - a great place run and owned by some really great people.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Hill House on Tripadvisor. Nick and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We are extremely pleased that you found the food - Gourmet standard, the gardens second to non and the rooms delightful. We really enjoyed your company and look forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We were visiting our son in Amersham and stayed at Hill House. From the moment Helen greeted us at the front door, until the moment we left, the warmth, comfort and sheer attention to detail were the finest we have ever experienced, either in a bed and breakfast, or a five star hotel. We were greeted with tea, fresh homemade cake and biscuits, and immediately were made to feel like a member of the family. The room was immaculate, the bed extremely comfortable and the breakfast each morning was superb, with a huge amount of choice. Helen and Nick were the perfect hosts. We very much hope to return when we are next in Amersham.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank The_Rands
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor - reviews are always helpful, to myself and potential guests. I am delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast choice is indeed always much appreciated and enjoyed. The meat for our full English breakfast is sourced locally from the high quality village butcher, and the milk and eggs are delivered daily by our local farmer. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg is popular, as is the Continental - a platter of meats cheeses, fruits and a croissant or pain au Chocolate.
I look forward to welcoming you again to Hill House when you next visiting your son in Amersham.
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I am so lucky to have found Hill House, Helen, Nick and Lucy! Having stayed in many hotels and B&Bs, this is the nicest I've had the pleasure of. The rooms are beautifully appointed - comfort, tranquility and home from home feel. The breakfasts are delicious and great choice. Helen and Nick are genuine,warm and a thoroughly lovely couple. I hope to be able to come back again and again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased, that from your experience of staying in many hotels and B&B's on business, that you find us the "nicest"! That is a compliment indeed. We are glad that you found us too and wish to come back again and again! I am pleased that you find our home tranquil, comfortable and with a good choice for breakfast. I know that the comments you have left are sure to be helpful to potential guests. Thankyou.
Somerset
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Helen and Nick made us very welcome on our one night stay in May to attend a family reunion in Amersham. Although we arrived very early (11.30 am) for a restaurant lunch, Helen gave us the Warmest Welcome with a pot of fresh coffee in a sunny spot in their splendid garden. We enjoyed a leisurely late afternoon in the garden with a good choice of seating to follow the setting sun. Helen was very kind to serve us a tasty cheese board as a light evening meal. Nick kindly offered us a torch for a pre-bedtime walk around the block for a breath of rural fresh air. The beds were very comfortable and it was a nice touch to have a bottle of water on the bedside table. The breakfast was promptly served at 8 am and the highlights were the freshly made fruit salad and Helen's scrummy salmon and scrambled egg. This is a genuine 5 star b & b and nothing seemed too difficult for Helen and Nick to make us feel at home. I thoroughly recommend a stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a very complimentary review on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed their stay at Hill House - we enjoyed having you! The garden is looking particularly colourful at the moment, so we were glad you enjoyed coffee in our sunken garden on your arrival. Followed by late afternoon tea at the top of the garden, enjoying the garden from all angles and in glorious sunshine! We are very pleased that so many aspects of your stay were to your liking - the breakfast, the comfortable bed and the surroundings. The fact you felt it was a genuine 5* B&B is very good to hear. Thank you.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Last week I had the good fortune of staying for the first time at Hill House. I was visiting family but didn't want to inconvenience them too much by staying over night. I was travelling alone and find hotels and pubs can be quite intimidating. Hill House was the perfect answer. I popped in to meet Helen and arrange that I would return late. It was lovely to be greeted at 10 pm by Helen. My room was so comfortable and I felt very relaxed after a long day . I couldn't have asked for better facilities. After a great nights sleep I went to breakfast. I felt sooo spoilt! The surrounongs,food and presentation were beautiful. I had a lovely chat with another guest. This is a fairly new venture for Helen and Nick and I know they will be extremely successful Helen is a magnificent hostess and I am so looking forward to making my stays there regular events. Thank you. See you soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully complimentary review.
I am so pleased you felt spoilt, comfortable and relaxed in our home. This IS exactly what I hope my guests will feel when they stay in our home.The surroundings and presentation are important and I am so pleased you found it all to your taste! I am particularly pleased that you plan to come and stay at Hill House again. You will be very welcome and I look forward to your next visit.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Hill House B&B which is an absolute gem in beautiful surroundings. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable, the breakfast is fantastic with a lovely choice each morning, but the real winner is the wonderful hospitality shown by Helen and Nick...it is second to none....I can't recommend this place highly enough! If you are visiting the area, this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed April 2013
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hill House B&B on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you found the bed comfortable, rooms immaculate and enjoyed the choice we offer for breakfast each morning.
Both Nick and I take great pleasure in welcoming our guests into our home, we are so pleased you enjoyed the surroundings. The garden is now looking glorious with the Daffodils, Tulips and now the Rhododendrons are starting to flower. You will always be welcome when you are next in the area!
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Couldn't be bettered. Everything in perfect order. But especially Helen and Nick's hospitality. This is a necessary ingredient of any holiday break and was provided in spades. We wish them every success and look forward to renewing our acquaintance with them with the greatest pleasure. Our thanks to them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Helen G, Owner at Hill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hill House B&B on Tripadvisor. It is our aim to create a very special and individual experience for our guests, whatever the reason for visiting Amersham. Whether it is to see family (as you were), on business or meet friends for a celebration. Our aim to go the extra mile and in doing so making your stay an experience that couldn't be bettered. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hill House and want to come back. We look forward to a return visit in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amersham
The Kings Arms Hotel
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
Saracen's Head Inn
Saracen's Head Inn
#3 of 10 in Amersham

Been to Hill House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!