“Fresh and authentic”

Tom Yum
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Amersham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai restaurant serving authentic cooked-to-order dishes. The restaurant is busy and booking is recommended. If you like street-food this is the place for you. . . OPEN - CHRISTMAS EVE 2018 CLOSED - CHRISTMAS DAY TIL 7 JAN OPEN - TUESDAY 8 JAN 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is the real thing, the Tom Yum soup with prawns (after which the restaurant is named?) was eye-wateringly good! Go for the coconut soup if you can't stand the heat, but I really enjoyed mine, also the Penang curry with duck I had for my main. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and the staff are helpful and friendly. Very good value all round, though I was a bit disappointed they didn't have the fresh spring rolls. An excuse to go back? I would, gladly.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank tabichops

Reviewed 28 October 2018

We shared two starters and then a mains each which was exactly right for a substantial satisfying lunch. The service was good.

2  Thank JKHSt_Lucia
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We called in here as we were passing on Saturday lunchtime. We ended up having some very tasty dishes. Fresh, well-spiced authentic food at a very reasonable price served by attentive staff. We would definitely return.

3  Thank MilesGary
Reviewed 27 October 2018

I’ve been intending to visit Tom Yum for quite a while but never quite managed it. So last week a spur of the moment takeaway. Place was heaving (thurs night) but was warmly welcomed and provided food as promised 30 mins later. Food was fine but I always think Thai loses something via takeaway. I intend to return and eat in.

2  Thank JMAK1964
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I really do not want to write a review as it is difficult to get a table at Tom Yum already but I really have to! This has to be the best Thai restaurant around. We have been here many many times and never ever been disappointed. We are all vegetarian and get all our dishes without fish sauce and their oblige without a fuss. The food is the tastiest ever and service is always brilliant. Well done to you guys but get a bigger place now!!!

2  Thank visitorLondon