The Kings Arms Hotel
US$88
  • Restaurant
Two Brewers Hotel(Chipperfield)
US$71
Travelodge Beaconsfield Central(Beaconsfield)(Great Value!)
US$67
Travelodge
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross(Beaconsfield)(Great Value!)
US$117
Priceline
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewshigh streetwedding venuecharming hotelhoneymoon suitebeautiful venuewedding receptionsister hotelnext morningking's chapellovely townthe publovely atmospherebreakfast was deliciousmain buildinghotel barfull englishwedding guests
Reviewed 3 March 2014

From my initial email enquiry to after check out, everything about the Kings Arms was spot on. Relaxed but incredible friendly service suited us. Loved sitting by the fire reading the papers. Room (in old part of Hotel) was just as we imagined and more. Fold out bed for 17 year old reported as comfortable as was our bed. Breakfast was great although the service was a little too relaxed for some of the other guests! We will be back...loved Amersham!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca W
p_stlawrence, General Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I have noted the breakfast issue.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Because of the weather I had to drive down from Wales rather than take the train as I had planned. The staff were fantastic, the room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. I was given a late checkout which was after the wake and I was able to park my car there while I traveled on to London for two nights before returning home. The breakfast was also excellent. Thank you for being so helpful and understanding. The journey down from Wales was not easy as the Red Weather alert was no joke , there were trees down everywhere and no electricity. The King's Arms was a very welcoming place that night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann S

Thank you for your kind review - we are glad we could help

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay very warm a friendly fab welcome room lovely clean food just amzing and what a lovely touch a fresh rose for evey lady that dined thank you will definitely be back thank you guys next time were stay abit longer.x

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy S

We are glad you had a good time. Thanks for reviewing us.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here when attending a family funeral.
Positives were extremely pleasant staff,and a comfortable room at the front of the Hotel,at a very competitive price.The bathroom left much to be desired,with a weak shower,a tiny washbowl and a non-functioning extractor fan.
Breakfast was not very good,with a poor selection of food,and amateurish service.
What redeemed the Hotel in our eyes was the excellent buffet provided after the funeral,and the fact that,when we decided to cut our stay short in view of terrible weather,we were not charged for the cancellation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
p_stlawrence, General Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback - I have noted the items we need to improve on - we appreciate you time to give us your comments. I hope the journey home was not too bad.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

For such a small place Old Amersham seems to have an abundance of hotels to stay in. It is a shame non of them is a stand out leader. Old Amersham is a beautiful town with lots of character. The Kings Arms certainly looks the part from the high street. Reception: Cold/uninviting but service was friendly. Room: I booked for two nights and was allocated an 'executive' (read basic) room in the extension. It was small, clean but over priced (£112/night) and reminded me of a Travelodge. Workmen were fixing something in the corridor the night I arrived and there was still mess left the next morning. My sister was upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi ...but it didn't work. Restaurant: Soulless - we made the decision to eat at the Swan which was a really good call because it was fantastic. Breakfast was billed as 'fit for a King' - a dangerous thing to build it up and then deliver something so basic and small. The service was slow and staff seemed to spend more time out the back of the kitchen smoking. Off street parking: A bonus (difficult in such a popular location)

Room Tip: Eat at Gilby's (upmarket) or The Swan (great value, rocking on a Friday night!) both a couple of minutes walk
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry to read of you disappointment. we clearly need to address some breakfast issues. We have had very good reviews of our restaurant, so I am disturbed that you found it soulless.

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback, painful as it is.