“Good family option for one night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kings Arms Hotel

The Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Amersham
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Good family option for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed in the duplex. Great to find an option to accommodate having our 2 young children with us that allows us to be in one property but with two separate bedrooms at a price much better than a hotel suite. Kids loved the spiral staircases and the rooms certainly had beams aplenty. It was hot though even with the windows open and some noise from everyone drinking outside but we managed to get to sleep anyway.
Lovely welcome basket, Buffet breakfast was fine. Nice linens and towels.
Great option for one night just passing through and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tea_and_Crumpets
p_stlawrence, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for the review. it is good to hear our 'family suite' is working well for people.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed on a very hot Saturday night. Our room was nice - typical "up market" in modernised old pub - but even with windows open - and small ineffective fan it was unbearably hot.The Reception staff were good , the beer was good -and all staff were friendly and apparently eager to please.
However, at breakfast I ordered two poached eggs- and specified that they should be "on the hard side" with certainly no runny white part. After 20 minutes waiting I asked if I had been forgotten. The waiter said they were on the way. They arrived a further 10 minutes later. One was very runny -yellow and white -and the other lacked a yoke completely !Inedible.Communication problems,I assume !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MARTYN B
Martyn thank you for taking the time to write a review. Clearly we still have a bit of work to do on consistency. I appreciate the honest feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at the Kings Arms Hotel again this week and as usual I cannot fault it. The staff are always helpful and I have stayed in several of the rooms after the past year, they all feel luxurious that I would describe as a haven after a long day. I have to mention the breakfast as it in my opinion one of the best breakfasts I have EVER had. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank kayleyob
Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard on getting the breakfast right - it has been an issue in the past!
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location. The building and rooms are full of character, with traditional features but modern amenities. The bar and restaurant are classy and relaxing, and the food and service are of high quality. Special thanks to the staff who were all extremely friendly, helpful and professional. A very enjoyable stay.

4 Thank David S
We appreciate your feedback - do come back again.
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the Kings Arms Hotel this weekend and cannot fault it. The reception staff were helpful and showed me to my room. The room itself (no 12) was a luxurious suite with beautiful black beams, four poster bed, TV etc. (old and modern combined) - I felt very spoiled. Breakfast was also of a high standard with a large selection on offer and attentive waiting staff. Amersham is a lovely town and this hotel compliments the traditional high street. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for two nights to attend a wedding. Cannot fault the wedding and the service received. However, we stayed in room 6 which is over the archway of the drive and above the bar for the hotel. At 12.30am I had to telephone the bar, twice, to ask the bar users to be quietened as the noise was horrendous. Our bedroom window opened on to the street below too and the noise from service vehicles coming to the hotel at 6.30am on our first morning was also an unwelcome annoyance. Our bedroom door was also adajecent to the locked access door to the hotel rooms which slammed continually by other guests at all hours and vibrated throughout our room. The breakfast was ok. Not much choice.
Cannot fault the wedding element but the room was expensive for what we had- lights did not work in the bathroom, the room was dim, the bed was titled. The location is excellent and there is plenty of parking. I would recommend that you opt for a new room set out the back in the barn-style accommodation and not be charmed by the older rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 6, 7 or 8.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NatlovesElvis
p_stlawrence, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the wedding. It is difficult to balance the noise aspect as the wedding party requested the later bar and generally occupied most of the rooms. I take on board your comment about the corridor security door and will have that looked at.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We'd booked this hotel through Hotels.com and the day before we were due to check in we got a call letting us know that an "important corporate client" wished to extend their stay and therefore we would not have a room. At least hotels.com was able to assist us with finding an alternative. I won't bother again. Clearly I'm not "important" to them.

Room Tip: It helps to work for an important corporate client.
3 Thank BarbaraE3
I am embarrassed by this review. We have clearly mis-handled a tight booking situation and added insult to injury. Please accept my apologies. If you would be kind enough to contact me at gm@kings-arms-hotel.com I would be grateful.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amersham
The Crown Inn
#1 of 2 in Waddesdon
Hartwell House
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!