“Lovely accomodation but not impressed with the noise and the way the feedback was dealt with.”

The Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amersham
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the KIngs Arms as we were visting family who live locally. The room had been booked by my sister in Australia as a treat for us. Room 301 was lovely however it was situated next to the outside seating / drinking area. Being a lovely summers evening, understandably people were sat outside drinking until very late and it was very noisy. On checking out in the morning there was a further issue regarding payment for the room which had not been correctly processed by the hotel causing embarrasment. Both points were fed back by email, as requested by the recepionist-we had to chase a response four days later. The Manager effectively dismissed our claim regarding the noise, not what you would expect for a £160 per night BB.

Room Tip: Avoid room 301 situated outside seating/drinking area - noisy if you want a romantic overnight stay...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen B
p_stlawrence, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. As you mention we have corresponded regarding the comments made and I have offered a repeat stay at a standard rate, with upgrade. I am not dismissing the comments, but wherever possible we invite people to give us a chance to put things right, rather than discount. My offer is still valid.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had lunch out on the terrace at the back of this hotel. Great for just relaxing in the sunshine, great food, beer and service in very comfy armchairs. Looked like a pretty extensive wine list although we did not try any.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for teh review - so glad you liked the terrace. Now all we need is a 9 month summer!
Snodland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked on lastminute for a business trip. As the hotel was full the receptionist upgraded us to the rental house next door. Apart from the shower the accommodation was superb. The staff were very helpful until breakfast.
My partner and I went to get cereals she put down the milk jug and I turned to get it and it was gone. I asked the waitress for milk (something fairly important on a breakfast menu) and was told it was no good and they had to go to Tesco to get more!!! I asked for two poached eggs thinking I will give the cereal a miss. She arrived with coffee, again no milk! In this day and age a drinkable cup of coffee, albeit black, is not too much to ask for. This was one of the worst coffees I have ever tasted. Why don't you try someone like "Rave" for a good value decent coffee. After 20 minutes I asked again for my poached eggs and after 25-30 minutes gave up and left for my long drive after only a glass of cranberry juice. People need prompt service during the week breakfast is not the leisurely activity it is during the weekend.

Would I stay here again, yes I would, would I try breakfast again, I doubt it. Could have been on the road 30 minutes earlier and missed some traffic. A lovely hotel let down by the chaos that is called the kitchen.

Room Tip: Get upgraded to the "house" its great. Stayed a few times and never had a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kentman1964
p_stlawrence, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback which is so frustrating to read. We had a series of reviews indicating breakfast was an issue, so we have bought new equipment, revamped the buffet and put experienced staff on, which fixed the problem until this review.
You are absolutely right, midweek corporate guests need a swift breakfast option - hence the new toaster on the buffet, new chafing dishes. I am very sorry that you had this experience.
We will review and keep our focus on improvements.
oxford
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Many thanks to Peter and his team for making Sophie and Sam's wedding in June so memorable. The setting and location are beautiful and the Chapel itself is stunning. The food from canapes in the walled garden to dessert was excellent. We received nothing but rave reviews from our family and friends for the whole day.

Steve & Lisa Whitton

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lisa w
It was a real pleasure hosting such an important family occasion. Your daughter looked stunning - Sophie and Sam make a very dashing couple and we wish them every happiness together.
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed in the duplex. Great to find an option to accommodate having our 2 young children with us that allows us to be in one property but with two separate bedrooms at a price much better than a hotel suite. Kids loved the spiral staircases and the rooms certainly had beams aplenty. It was hot though even with the windows open and some noise from everyone drinking outside but we managed to get to sleep anyway.
Lovely welcome basket, Buffet breakfast was fine. Nice linens and towels.
Great option for one night just passing through and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tea_and_Crumpets
Thank you for the review. it is good to hear our 'family suite' is working well for people.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed on a very hot Saturday night. Our room was nice - typical "up market" in modernised old pub - but even with windows open - and small ineffective fan it was unbearably hot.The Reception staff were good , the beer was good -and all staff were friendly and apparently eager to please.
However, at breakfast I ordered two poached eggs- and specified that they should be "on the hard side" with certainly no runny white part. After 20 minutes waiting I asked if I had been forgotten. The waiter said they were on the way. They arrived a further 10 minutes later. One was very runny -yellow and white -and the other lacked a yoke completely !Inedible.Communication problems,I assume !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MARTYN B
Martyn thank you for taking the time to write a review. Clearly we still have a bit of work to do on consistency. I appreciate the honest feedback.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at the Kings Arms Hotel again this week and as usual I cannot fault it. The staff are always helpful and I have stayed in several of the rooms after the past year, they all feel luxurious that I would describe as a haven after a long day. I have to mention the breakfast as it in my opinion one of the best breakfasts I have EVER had. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank kayleyob
Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard on getting the breakfast right - it has been an issue in the past!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amersham
The Crown Inn
#1 of 1 in Hartwell
Five Arrows Hotel
Five Arrows Hotel
#1 of 2 in Waddesdon

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!