“Very Good”

Giggling Squid Beaconsfield
Ranked #37 of 65 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It maybe a bit on the expensive side but when the food is that good I don’t mind paying. Service was good, food great, very clean. Our waiter was lovely and giggly (maybe the restaurant was named after him). The only downside was that at 10.00 there were still children running about. I wish restaurants would limit children to before 8.00. I don’t expect to eat in a kindergarten. Apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank paulinecolliver

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

good service, nice setting, fresh food, but very expensive for what portion size is given.
the Thai green curry was quite spicy, the red Thai was very overpowering strong in lemon grass, pad Thai was just right.
cute little cups and saucers served for the mint tea like a little dolls house tea party.
Deserts ok small in portion but probably not worth what we paid for them.

1  Thank sham69_12
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ate at this restaurant last night meal was good but expensive for a Thai meal -- £74 for a 2 course meal (2 x soup and 3 mains. 10% was added to my bill for service charge -- I put £80 for payment and waited over 35 minutes for no change to be given (10% and 6% taken without even a thanks or permission) It is surprising that for the sake of the change taken illegally they have lost a customer -- I eat Thai food at least twice a month -- DISGUSTED with Sourface Squid as not only high priced but take any change due from paying the bill + a service charge -- UNRECOMMENDED

1  Thank M1CHAEL-MORRIS
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With a great reputation locally I was excited to try the new Giggling Squid Beaconsfield. Unfortunately it was a disappointing experience. On arrival I noticed the entire bar counter was covered with empty dirty glasses - not a great first impression, as that's the first thing you see when you walk in the door. We then sat outside, which was a lovely setting but the service was extremely slow, half of the waitstaff looked nervous and made little effort to welcome guests or offer basics such as cutlery and napkins - we had to ask for them. The food was good when it came, everything we tried was tasty in fact. A trip to the toilet uncovered a bathroom littered with paper towels (as if the Andrex puppy had been at work). Overall the experience was average at best, which I'm hoping is just a consequence of new restaurant teething problems that they'll sort out. Fingers crossed that staff training is top of their to-do list.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were out within an hour £90 down for what felt like fast food. Food was variable. The shared platter starter was poor as it was greasy/ deep fried. We asked the waiter what the dips were and he said he didn’t know( but he was very polite). We ordered the main course and weren’t told we needed any rice etc so it came without anything. Another Thai waiter took over ( John) and he was excellent and very attentive. The chicken with cashew nuts was good and the wine was very nice but for £90 I would hope for more and please train the staff.