“Good location - poor accomodation”

Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked in advance for a triple room for the Saturday Bank Holiday and checked in late on the eve after a busy day only to be told that I have a double room.

I was not happy but awaited to see what the receptionist had to say, although he was polite but had no customer service experience as he just stated the hotel is busy and there are no alternate rooms available for me to change with even though it was the hotels fault to start with.

He then advised me to call the Operations Manager and handed me her business card, did not understand why I had to call her however I called her regardless only to get the voicemail.
After this little episode he then advised he will outbook me locally to another hotel, all the local hotels were fully booked so I suggested the receptionist book me to another area of my choice as this will save time and further bad experience. The receptionist ignored this request and went further to tell me there are rooms available but this was not far from my home city were I had travelled from which was over 125 miles. I did not have the energy to point the obvious out to him.

After forty minutes he then requested proof that I did in fact have a triple room booked and not pulling a fast one. I was not happy with having to prove when in fact he could see on their hotel system. After proving via a email he then said I will provide you an additional room for my other guest.

Why it took so long to get to this point is beyond me as this should have been resolved within minutes of attending the reception and not over forty minutes and being told there is nothing we can do and degrading myself to having to prove my room type. No apology was offered or reassurance throughout.

Finally when I went to my room, tired and exhausted I could not sleep as it seemed staff were talking loud and some form of furniture was being moved about which gave me a very restless night to say the least.
Quality of the bed is very poor and the little cubicle for shower and toilet are not acceptable.
If anyone thinks other well-known budget chains are basic, well trust me there is one even more basic than them.

Never again are my final words.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
H6598, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for your stay at the Ibis Budget Beaconsfield and for your valuable feedback.

We are truly disappointed to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay with us. We would like to investigate into this further; as such we shall appreciate very much if you would give us more details pertaining to your stay - date, duration, your good name etc.,Via the email address below.

The product is design for no frill accommodation at extremely competitive price when comparing with all other hotels in the area. whilst apologizing for the shortfalls in service and facilities that you experienced, we like to assure you that the management has taken your valuable comments into consideration and will be taking measures to rectify them.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, should you visit Beaconsfield in the future.

e-mail:- h6598-gm @accor.com
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Glad I was on my own for this one night stay. I had not spotted when I booked it that there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. This would have been a major problem had my wife been with me. I would have had to make many trips either down to the 50p a cup machine in reception or next door to the vast array of eating places in the services.

Enjoyed the choice for breakfast next door. Resisted the temptation of the cheap full english in the Weatherspoon restaurant off reception and went for an expresso and pancakes with syrup at MacD's.

I found the layout of the room strange with the bunk bed at right angles over the double bed. This seemed to make the whole room and the double bed in particular feel very claustrophobic. I cannot see the point of making all rooms in the hotel like this given it would surely only be of use to couples with one child.

The room was clean except for what looked like a blood stain on the wall.

The receptionist was monosyllabic and did not smile.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank chairboy154
H6598, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for choosing Ibis Budget Beaconsfield, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Whilst apologizing for the shortfalls in facilities that you experienced, we like to assure you that the management has taken your valuable comments into consideration and will be taking measures to rectify them.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Generally, this hotel does exactly what you expect from an Ibis - simple rooms that are clean and convenient. However, the mattress in the room was so uncomfortable that my wife and I slept terribly. The pillows were also flat and useless. As we were only staying one night in the area before moving on, our only requirement was a comfortable bed. Neither of us would ever stay here again, and would think twice before staying in any others in the chain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieC1150
H6598, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Fazmil HANEEFA

Travellers are raving about these Beaconsfield hotels

manchester
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Budget yes! But economy must have a basement, this hotel chain is seriously below the cellar! Minute! Under sized! Under equipped and service levels that the European courts of human rights would argue against!
Sleeping rough is only one step lower

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank barry t

Fazmil HANEEFA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross

Been to Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield? Share your experiences!