“Hillmotts Cotswolds Bootcamp - "Sweat is just your fat crying"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
London, United Kingdom
“Hillmotts Cotswolds Bootcamp - "Sweat is just your fat crying"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have recently come back from a 6 day bootcamp in the Cotswolds with Craig, Faye and Tom and I cannot recommend this place enough!!!
It is amazing value, especially compared to similar bootcamps out there. The venue is gorgeous – it is in the heart of the countryside (lots of hills to run up!) and the rooms are clean and comfy. I went by myself (everyone is so friendly so don’t be worried about going on your own) and shared a room with 4 other girls. I did pay an extra supplement to be in a single sex room which I strongly advise (don’t leave it to chance!).
Our group varied in age and fitness – some people had run marathons and others hadn’t exercised in years. This is the best thing about Hillmotts, it caters for every level.
The trainers are great - fun and motivated, their enthusiasm will get you through the day! They all have a slightly different style and compliment each other well. Cleo (in the office) was also really helpful and prompt at replying to emails etc.
The food is surprisingly good, it is cooked by the trainers so don’t expect Michelin star but it is filling and we even had sweet and sour chicken one night  Portion sizes were a bit of a shock on the 1st day but I was surprised at how much I could achieve on the amount of food I was eating and this is definitely one lesson I have taken away and applied to everyday life.
On to the question what everyone asks…..I came to Hillmotts to shift a stubborn 7lbs. So did I get rid of it? Almost….I lost 5lb (not too shabby?!). More importantly though I learnt about a healthy lifestyle, how to kick bad habits (do I really need chocolate every day?) and found new exercises I enjoy.
Thanks to everyone at Hillmotts and I’ll see you all soon!

My Top Tips:
1) Take earplugs if sharing a room (just in case!).
2) Book a massage if offered – they are good value and you’ll need it!
3) Go with an open mind. As someone who has never danced without downing a bottle of wine 1st I actually learnt to enjoy Zumba classes!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Finished my second 3 day bootcamp and booking a third.. never in a million years would I have thought I'd be doing that.. as i prefer 3 days in Marbs... Hardcore exercise combined with plenty of rest and food!! Comfy rooms, varied exercise plan and three trainers who really know their stuff. Helps if you actually enjoy exercise in the first place. I lost 5lbs the first time and 7lbs the second... followed by regular PT i'll be booking in every month until i reach my goal.

Room Tip: The House Rooms are apparently warmer xx
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have just come back from a 3 day Bootcamp and thoroughly enjoyed it. The trainers Richard and Zac were really good and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a hard excercise weekend this is for you no matter what level of fitness you are. Be prepared to work hard. Remember to ask for plenty of stretching!!! You will need it. I would go again for sure. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive away from the Retreat and is not really linked to Hillmotts which is why I havent scored very highly for the accomodation, pool and gym. Shame because used to be a very luxurious hotel.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Just returned from a 3 day bootcamp in the Cotswolds sore aching and tired but I loved it. Anyone considering going with HIllmotts to any of their venues shouldn't hesitate. The house in the Cotswolds was large cosy and very nicely decorated. I had a single room which was lovely the bathroom was lush too. Craig and his team are all great easy going yet know how to push people to achieve amazing results and even though the calories are restricted the food is freshly cooked and very tasty and provides all necessary nutrients etc etc

All in all id say definately go and give them a go you wont be disappointed. Oh and to all you men out there who may be considering Hillmotts their bootcamp isn't just for women its for all sexes and levels of fitness so don't be put off thinking they only cater for girls...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My 3 days at Hilmotts in the Cotswolds was much tougher than I expected; physically, mentally and emotionally, but with Craig and his fantastic team, I survived and they helped me to obtain results far beyond those I thought possible……. And I had fun!

I felt a mixture of exhaustion and elation at the end of my final day and without the immense support, positivity and guidance that the Hilmotts team provided, I would not have been able to make it through each of the activities, which pushed me to my absolute limit.

I cannot recommend Hilmotts highly enough. The team have not only educated me on training and nutrition but given me the kick start I needed to push myself to the next level of fitness that I never thought possible. I will certainly be back there again soon. Thank you team!

1 Thank Amber P
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Have just returned from 6 days at the Cotswolds bootcamp and have a very large grin on my face! Don't get me wrong, it's hard work but so so worth it and i lost 9lbs!! The rooms are clean and comfortable and if you end up sharing with a couple of people it actually makes it more fun. The bootcamp takes place on a farm in the cotswolds so be prepared to get a bit muddy on some exercises and the indoor studio (a marquee set up within a barn) does actually work as random as it sounds!!
Craig, Tom & Faye (the trainers) are so encouraging and really know their stuff. They will push you to new limits. I am thriled with not only the results but how they have educated me into a new way of exercising, eating and lifestyle. It is great value for money so if you are thinking about going to a bootcamp which gets you great results without all the screaming and making you cry then this is the one for you!!

1 Thank foooooood22
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I've just finished the 3 day fitness camp and it was AMAZING! It really challenged me physically (we burned 2000 calories a day!) There was a fab variety of activities including interval training,les mills classes,a hike and some other fun things. It was hard but so good to know you'd managed to do that much activity! I felt tired so the rest periods were welcome and the massage I had on day 2 was fantastic!
The food was excellent-healthy and satisfying (and of course no alcohol!) We had regular food that was well thought out to fuel the activity we were doing but also allowed us to lose weight.
Doug, Chris and Katie were fantastic! So motivating,cheerful,friendly and they all really knew their stuff. The nutritional and fitness talks were really interesting and helpful.
The venue was nice-clean, warm and comfy. Nice soft beds to sink into after a hard daylong workout :) The peak district is beautiful so, despite some rain, the hike was really nice!
These three days really worked me hard (I've never worked harder) but there was no shouting from the instructors-just motivating support so you could go at whatever level you liked. It's really shaken up my workout routine as well as given me some ideas of effective exercises that I can now use myself.
Thank you so much-I can't wait to do it again! :)(after a nice long sleep!!)

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Premier Inn High Wycombe / Beaconsfield Hotel
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!