I have recently come back from a 6 day bootcamp in the Cotswolds with Craig, Faye and Tom and I cannot recommend this place enough!!!
It is amazing value, especially compared to similar bootcamps out there. The venue is gorgeous – it is in the heart of the countryside (lots of hills to run up!) and the rooms are clean and comfy. I went by myself (everyone is so friendly so don’t be worried about going on your own) and shared a room with 4 other girls. I did pay an extra supplement to be in a single sex room which I strongly advise (don’t leave it to chance!).
Our group varied in age and fitness – some people had run marathons and others hadn’t exercised in years. This is the best thing about Hillmotts, it caters for every level.
The trainers are great - fun and motivated, their enthusiasm will get you through the day! They all have a slightly different style and compliment each other well. Cleo (in the office) was also really helpful and prompt at replying to emails etc.
The food is surprisingly good, it is cooked by the trainers so don’t expect Michelin star but it is filling and we even had sweet and sour chicken one night Portion sizes were a bit of a shock on the 1st day but I was surprised at how much I could achieve on the amount of food I was eating and this is definitely one lesson I have taken away and applied to everyday life.
On to the question what everyone asks…..I came to Hillmotts to shift a stubborn 7lbs. So did I get rid of it? Almost….I lost 5lb (not too shabby?!). More importantly though I learnt about a healthy lifestyle, how to kick bad habits (do I really need chocolate every day?) and found new exercises I enjoy.
Thanks to everyone at Hillmotts and I’ll see you all soon!
My Top Tips:
1) Take earplugs if sharing a room (just in case!).
2) Book a massage if offered – they are good value and you’ll need it!
3) Go with an open mind. As someone who has never danced without downing a bottle of wine 1st I actually learnt to enjoy Zumba classes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The leading provider of Residential Fitness Camps in Europe ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hillmotts Fitness Retreat Hotel Beaconsfield
- Hillmotts Fitness Retreat Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire