“Hillmotts Cotswolds - so great and so motivating”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Hillmotts Cotswolds - so great and so motivating”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Having booked in trek in Himalayas and being fifty something and not as fit as I wanted I went off to Boot Camp for the weekend. What a fantastic experience. The team Craig, Tom and Faye were just briliant and very motivating indeed. I have always kept fit and ate healthy but they made me realise that many changes could be made to kick start fitness and weight loss. I trekked 5 weeks later over a stone slimmer and much much fitter!!! I can honestly say that due to the motivation the programme from Craig and the whole experience - my trek was relatively easy!!!! I met some amazing people and the food (i am pretty fussy) was far more enjoyable than I expected. I achieved things I thought I could never do at my age and have paid a deposit to return. I am fitter, healthier and happier than I have been in a long time. Thank you and see you soon. Andrea Prouse

Room Tip: you can have single sex rooms or share with ladies and men - I paid a little extra for the single se...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked as a single female and I'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor before I booked, and like most ppl started with the negative ones, so I was a little unsure what to expect. Can I just say at this point that it is a BOOT CAMP not a relaxing spa weekend that you are booking onto, and that's exactly what you get.

The accomodation was clean & well maintained, but I would take extra pillows with you if you like a few as you only get one per bed. The radiators were on so you could dry your soggy work out kit which was definitely a bonus! I was in a quad room with 3 ladies I didn't know, and it was very pleasant. In all honesty you really only use your room for sleeping and getting changed, not much time for anything else.

The food was better than I expected being at bootcamp. Nutritious, simple meals that you can cook at home, but do take fruit with you to make your porridge more exciting and for snacking on in the evening. Also take tea & coffee & sugar if you drink it as only herbal teas are provided.

The PT team were great & a big thank you to Tom, Faye & Tim for making the weekend such a success. The training was very varied, and made me realise I wasn't as fit as I thought! It was great to try new things and there were different options available in each class depending on your level. But you will be pushed to your limits, and that's what it's all about. We managed to get in 5 - 6 sessions per day, and I would recommend booking a massage on day 2 to ease your very, very sore bodies.

The boot campers were a whole mix of ages, sizes & abilities and everyone was involved in everything. The talks were good too, and the PTs are on hand to give you information and advice throughout your stay as they love on site.

I have already re-booked to go back at the end of the summer and hopefully prove to myslef that my fitness levels ahve increased.

My tips for boot camp are;

* take fruit for your porridge & snacking
* take tea, coffee & sugar
* take extra pillows
* make sure you have a watch (you have to line up before each excercise & you get into trouble if you're late)
* take a good book to read in the evenings as time is your own after 7pm
* take ear plugs in case you get put it in with a snorer

All in all a great weekend, and a shame to be back to reality!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Pershore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Having just returned from a weekend at Hillmotts Boot Camp in the Cotswolds - I cannot recommend it enough. The team there (Craig, Faye, Tom and Chris) were absolutely amazing, very inspiring and motivating. The fitness and nutrition advice was very good and, although am careful what I eat and am a regular exerciser (too regular as it turned out), I learnt a lot from this. The accommodation was basic but very clean, although handwash in the bathroom would be good!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Berkeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My friend and I took part in a 3 day fitness bootcamp in April. We were very lucky with the weather and were able to train outside for the whole 3 days. Although we did have some problem finding the venue, the accommodation at The Victorian Barn was of a good standard, clean and modern and the views of the surrounding countryside were lovely.

The three personal trainers, Doug, Chris and Chris were all good and gave us lots of good tips and advice. The training consisted of running, lots of squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups etc We also did some games involving strength such as tug of war, a fitness session in the pool and a hilly two hour walk. I feel you did need to have a reasonable level of fitness as some of the activities were challenging. This type of training is not something that I would choose to do at the gym but I do think it improved my fitness level.

I found the food to be nutitious and tasty and I was able to take away a lot of ideas to try out back home. I was slightly hungry some of the time but not unbearably so.

The reason for doing the boot camp was to kick start a diet and although I did not really loose weight at the camp, by continuing to follow as many of the ideas given to me as daily life allows, I have been able to loose about 4 lbs so far since I have returned home.

We also booked a massage session which was very firm but good. The only issue for me was that the room was a bit cold.

The only other comments I would have, would be that the inside space at this venue may be too limited if the weather was very bad. Also some of the moves for example side plank and burpees were repeated at many sessions but I had insufficient fitness or technical ability to be able to do them sufficiently well enough for them to have any impact.

Overall I really enjoyed training outside, everyone was really friendly. I would definitely recommend it to kickstart a diet or to improve your fitness and I would go again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is a fantastic way to get back into fitness, regardless of your current level. Two personal trainers supported up to eight people (often 2 for 6 people) so though my group was of vary varied age and fitness everyone was eased back into fitness within their own limits. The nutrition advise and fitness education was very enlightening and provided guidance to continue the body improvement long after the retreat ends.

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute drive from the fitness site and offers a small pool, sauna and hottub to relax limbs after a tough day of working out. Provided meals are all tailored to promote weight loss and were extremely tasty and surprisingly filling.

I recommend the Beaconsfield retreat for anyone seeking to loose weight and ensure the weight stays off in luxurious surroundings.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If you are dithering about booking, dither no more! A great fun albeit a challenging experience ... We have just completed a six day boot camp and to start we wondered how we would ever get through ... we have returned home invigorated, fitter, have eaten incredibly well, met lots of great people from all walks of life. Don't have doubts ... just book!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My friend and I were dubious about attending a fitness camp, but we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. The venue was lovely, the food was really tasty and everyone there was friendly and in high spirits (even when it rained!). Although some of the exercises were tough, Dug, Tim and Katie were great motivators and encouraged you to push to your own personal limits. Both my friend and I came out of the camp with high enthusiasm to continue with healthy life balance and were well equipped with delicious recipes and varied exercise routines to help us on our way. We would certainly recommend it and are looking to go back for another weekend shortly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!