“3 day Bootcamp Cotswolds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Warfield, United Kingdom
“3 day Bootcamp Cotswolds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friend Jane & myself have just returned from a brilliant 3 day Bootcamp in the Cotswolds. This is our 2nd visit to Hillmotts and we have just placed a deposit to return again next year. We had two fantastic trainers Chris and Richard who were absolutely brilliant, full of energy and passion and both very inspiring people. We would like to thank you for making it a wonderful experience. You worked us both really hard but we had great fun along the way! I would definitely recommend this Bootcamp to everyone. It is a great experience and challenge and the trainers are absolutely superb. See you next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

As a 40 year old office bound businessman who used to play a lot of team sports in my younger days, I found this way of training and getting back to fitness perfectly suited to my needs.

I wanted to be pushed to my potential but treated with respect and as an adult. I went with my wife to 'support' her and score some relationship points but found that it was just what I needed and my cynicism disappeared after the first session.

Sam and Richard were excellent, level-headed, experienced and knowledgable - they listened to feedback during the downtime and made tweaks and improvements, which I felt showed a level of maturity and genuine desire to help everyone get the best out of the short time we had.

I found out two things about my body that needed extra care and that alone was worth the price. I now have long term plans to strengthen the weaker areas.

We had a great time and got on with everyone and are looking forward to re-booking soon with some of the friends we made during our 6 day workout. This kind of thing inevitably attracts more women but there were a few men and the level of the exercises were varied enough so that those who are more advanced can push themselves at the same time as those who are less so.

It is not a military style camp but there were four military/ex-military people and those who could handle being mixed with 'civilians' enjoyed it immensely but it is not one where you are 'disciplined' - it is designed for people who already have some discipline and want to learn and be pushed but treated with respect.

After 3 days I thought I was all done in but something magical happened on day 4 with my body and I was still buzzing by day 6. Although 3 days will get you results, I recommend 6 days if you can afford the time and the fair price. The experience was excellent value for money.

I recommend you listen carefully to everything you are told since every bit of instruction and information is helpful (even the pre-camp information pack tells you exactly what you need - no more and no less).

We have not only got back into the rhythm of good exercise but also we are eating healthier as a couple and keep encouraging each other. I dont know why there are not as many other couples on these things but I highly recommend it. I waited two weeks before giving this review just to make sure it had a lasting effect. I now can tighten my belt an extra two notches and feel comfortable in all my suits and even started 5-a-side again as well as doing at least 3 sessions a week of the exercises I learned during the camp (Richard and Sam also offer extra tips after camp).

I want to say again that Sam and Richard are the best I have seen and I used to train at a reasonably high level as an amateur footballer and rugby player, so I know a little about this kind of thing.

Sam is so dedicated, has impeccable technique and just the right level of humour to keep you smiling when the tiredness sets in and you feel you cant do any more.

Richard knows more about injuries / adjusting for old injuries, clean eating as well as weird and wonderful ways of strecthing - ask him how to stretch your who body with just his foot!

Anyway - enough said - I really enjoyed it and respect the team and hope you book and enjoy it too!

Room Tip: Rooms are reasonably quiet but you will find you are too tired to care too much about the niceties a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick N
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My second weekend with Hillmotts in The Cotswolds ( first time at Dorset ) and I can thoroughly recommend Hillmotts Cotswolds and this kind of intense training no matter what level you are at. Although there were many different types of people there, we all had one thing in common - we wanted to get fitter. The training is tough, the food is controlled but the feeling at the end is one of happiness, elation and satisfaction at having survived! The talks on nutrition and exercise are invaluable and really start you on your own journey but being able to contact Hillmotts afterwards with any question you may have forgotten to ask or didn't think to ask at time is really helpful. The hot tub and sauna in the garden is a fabulous place to relax weary limbs and although this isn't a fancy spa there's everything you need. If you've thought about going to boot camp then you're half way there - just do it, you won't regret it. Would advise earplugs if you're a light sleeper - although nobody goes to bed late ( too knackered ) you can hear the tv a bit.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can choose a room but triple room 10 was light and had benefit of heat from the sun.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank North-South-Belle
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never been on a bootcamp before but this was great. Although expecting it to be in the Cotswolds as advertised (it's actually in Oxfordshire) the house was a great size, the garden was lovely and the scenery was good (although it is on a main road so can be noisy at night if the windows are open) . I didn't get to experience the hot tub or sauna because by 8pm I was fast asleep every night. The trainers were great and really helped me push my body to its limit - had I been training alone, I wouldn't of worked anywhere nearly as hard and certainly wouldn't of exercised with achey muscles (it can be done!). There was plenty of variety in the activities, HIIT training, Tabata, boxing, walking, core, team exercises etc. Food was good and after 3 days I felt like I had started a great detox from caffeine and sugar. I shared a quad room and facilities were great - a bath was a welcome sight at the end of a long day. I limped home with achey muscles and got on the scales and had lost weight (they don't weigh or measure which is my only gripe) but that does reinforce the main point from the nutrition talks which was that it's not all about weight loss, it's fat-loss and weight isn't always an accurate reflection of this. I've already re-booked a 6 day stay in the summer after being back for 2 days.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have completed my second Fitness Bootcamp with Hillmotts at their new Cotswolds Venue, and it won't be the last. I did 3 days due to work commitments and for me is what my body can take it in, and besides you have some rest on the 4th day I do not believe I would be able to complete 6 days, but many people do and even more, weeks!!! The first time I stayed on a single occupancy on a double room which also had a single bed, a bit more expensive but as it was my first time I did not know how things were, but my second time I stayed in a quad room with a very accessible price, and we had our own bathroom with shower, and bath, so that was easy to share between the four of us. The exercise is great and as I was lucky we did most things outside, because the weather was good, and we also go for a hike on the afternoon on Saturday and that is walking through a beautiful country side, with some manageable hills and a chance to do some sight seeing into the Roman Villa on the way. On Friday we do a assessment which includes running for 6 minutes, which is not my strong point, so you just take it on your own pace and you are not competing against anyone, and only doing it for yourself, so if I was tired I just walked for a bit and then continue. Within the exercises it was a mix of insanity, cards, pyramid, Zumba, LBT, Hillmotts games (fun), box-exercise ... The food is prepared either by the trainers or by the cleaner, and you will be surprise that a smaller portion of food is enough for you to keep your energy levels up. I took some fruit, so if I felt hungry after each meal I would have a piece of fruit, but not always was necessary. I have learned that I can challenge my body to an extreme level of exercise, and even in pain I can still go on. Please remember that everyone does the exercises on its own pace. I have not been to any other bootcamp and can't compare, so I would definitely recommend. I had different trainers on the two times I went and they were all very knowledgeable and gave me all the information I needed. Thanks to Steve, Chris, Cat and Richard, see you again soon xx Ah if you like sports massage make sure you book one!!! with Dave

Room Tip: If you are on a budget go for the quad, and you will have your own shower/bath, otherwise if you hav...
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I recently attended the Cotswolds boot camp having previously visited the Peak District venue. We had a smaller group of 18 this time, which made it easier to get to know the group. The instructors Samantha and Richard were terrific and took us through a number of activities and classes, each one with a different emphasis, and I particularly enjoyed the various types of circuit training class. The food was great and the portions were more generous than last time, which I appreciated! My visit also helped me switch off quickly from work, keeping me very well occupied.

Room Tip: At the Cotswolds venue all rooms have en suite and are reasonably spacious. The main decision is whe...
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I did four days over the Easter weekend and had a great time - losing 7.5lbs in the process!

The trainers were friendly and knowledgeable and the other campers were great fun - I went on my own and didn't once feel lonely (although I was exhausted and in bed by 9 every night).

It isn't a brutal regime and if you are very fit you might want to try another bootcamp - there were some on my camp that were pushing for extra training and extra hours (which the trainers happily provided).

The hot tub and sauna are lovely.

You do have to be sure that this is what you are looking for - it isn't a hotel with a bootcamp it is basic but that is why it is half the price of some other places.

One thing to warn about - if you get the train the taxi from the station is extortionate (£20 and it is only a mile) so try finding others going on the same bootcamp on facebook to keep costs down).

Another hint it to be as helpful as possible upfront about dietary requirements - Gluten free, spice level etc. Our poor trainers had to prepare seven different dishes for 24 people!

Also bear in mind this is a really flexible camp. Some were there for 3 days, some 4 (like me) others 6 and others 12 and longer. If you don't want to do a class because you have done is before the trainers will make recommendations for alternatives.

All in all I had a relaxing and stimulating weekend and this bargain bootcamp is great for anyone looking to start a healthy regime

1 Thank Missmairw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!