“WOW!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a brilliant boot camp at Witney- the food and rooms were excellent.
However, what made the Bootcamp was firstly the trainers - Chris Manning is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. i learnt more in 3 days from him on nutrition/exercise than I
have in my previous 5 years of training. Secondly, the other people on the course - a really smashing group that it was a privilege to meet.
I left on Day 3 feeling the best physically and mentally that I have felt in 10 years!

I really recommend it to anyone serious about getting a 'jump start' to fitness and health.
Can't wait to go back. Michele Robertson

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to share! I have never shared a hotel room in my life before - but I did at Hillmott...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michele R

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just did my 3rd Hillmotts bootcamp, this time in Witney and yes at times it's hard but the trainers show you how to work smart with compound exercises and how breaking up exercises and classes into manageable sections makes every 45 min session a reasonable challenge without it being too much. The best part is I feel great and am amazed at what 3 days can do to change your shape. Lovely people, the food was much much better than before - healthy and delicious. Am trying the recommended 6 week tea total challenge - so far so good :) Huge thanks to Chris and Katie.

Room Tip: I shared with three others (fem, mixed ages) and it was all good - great to meet such lovely people...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently attended the Dorset Bootcamp and would like to tell you what a wonderful experience it was!

The structure of the days was perfect! There was a great mix of high intensity classes and lower intensity activities that still got you moving. I think that this allowed me to get the most from the 6 days, as I was able to constantly push myself.

The trainers (Tom, Luke and Cat) were superb, I simply cannot praise them highly enough. They had a great eye for picking up my level, and gave me a push during sessions when I needed it, and encouraged me when they could see I was giving my all. They were professional and upbeat throughout, and their positive can do attitudes really kept me going through the 6 days. They were always on hand and nothing was too much trouble. Plus, the amount that they clearly understand about fitness and nutrition was phenomenal, and they were keen to impart as much of this as possible.

The camp exceeded all of my expectations and was great value for money. I left with a change in mindset and attitude that I did not expect. Also, the aftercare documents look very helpful, and again I did not expect them to be so comprehensive. One very happy customer, and I will definitely booking on another camp later in the year.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank njh88
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had the best horrible time at Hilmotts! By saying this I mean it did everything i wanted it to- it stretched me physically with more exercise than I ever believed that I could do, I ate all the right foods for 6 days which left me feeling healthy and well - and I actually did not feel hungry at all, - so all in all - eventhough I can;t say that it was the same as sitting on a Barbadian beach, after getting through the first three days of pain, I thoroughly enjoyed it. So - what can I write to help you decide if you would like to go? Firstly the food - the meals were delicious - really delicious. There was plenty to eat too. The facilities are lovely - clean, comfortable etc. Loved the hot tub and sauna - but beware the wrath of Richard should you make it foamy! The trainers were great too - we had Katy who is just hard core class madam. Bounding with energy and unstoppable she pushed me through with a just get on with it edge. Any complaints were met with a smile and a simple - oh (just get on with it!). Richard was great - overworked - having to run the show and train, which is a bit much really. Military background shows but he did not shout, and was generally encouraging. Then Chris arrived. He took the time to show us how to do the exercises PROPERLY and be mindful about our movements going forward. This was really helpful. He was constantly encouraging us to get the most out of our time. His classes were interesing and fun. He has a wonderful way of explaining things and I think we all had a big soft spot for him! Google him and you will find all sorts of info on his (and the other trainers) recommended CLEAN eating plan. I would thoroughly recommend Hillmotts Cotswolds, it has inspired me to change my way of life and I am going to do everything I can to keep it up. A tip would be to train quite hard before you go - this could then avoid the first three days of pain and generally not being able to walk! Thanks guys - you were all great.

Room Tip: Bath in room 11 - but shower a bit pony. Room 6 - shower great. If you can afford a room on your o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friend Jane & myself have just returned from a brilliant 3 day Bootcamp in the Cotswolds. This is our 2nd visit to Hillmotts and we have just placed a deposit to return again next year. We had two fantastic trainers Chris and Richard who were absolutely brilliant, full of energy and passion and both very inspiring people. We would like to thank you for making it a wonderful experience. You worked us both really hard but we had great fun along the way! I would definitely recommend this Bootcamp to everyone. It is a great experience and challenge and the trainers are absolutely superb. See you next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

As a 40 year old office bound businessman who used to play a lot of team sports in my younger days, I found this way of training and getting back to fitness perfectly suited to my needs.

I wanted to be pushed to my potential but treated with respect and as an adult. I went with my wife to 'support' her and score some relationship points but found that it was just what I needed and my cynicism disappeared after the first session.

Sam and Richard were excellent, level-headed, experienced and knowledgable - they listened to feedback during the downtime and made tweaks and improvements, which I felt showed a level of maturity and genuine desire to help everyone get the best out of the short time we had.

I found out two things about my body that needed extra care and that alone was worth the price. I now have long term plans to strengthen the weaker areas.

We had a great time and got on with everyone and are looking forward to re-booking soon with some of the friends we made during our 6 day workout. This kind of thing inevitably attracts more women but there were a few men and the level of the exercises were varied enough so that those who are more advanced can push themselves at the same time as those who are less so.

It is not a military style camp but there were four military/ex-military people and those who could handle being mixed with 'civilians' enjoyed it immensely but it is not one where you are 'disciplined' - it is designed for people who already have some discipline and want to learn and be pushed but treated with respect.

After 3 days I thought I was all done in but something magical happened on day 4 with my body and I was still buzzing by day 6. Although 3 days will get you results, I recommend 6 days if you can afford the time and the fair price. The experience was excellent value for money.

I recommend you listen carefully to everything you are told since every bit of instruction and information is helpful (even the pre-camp information pack tells you exactly what you need - no more and no less).

We have not only got back into the rhythm of good exercise but also we are eating healthier as a couple and keep encouraging each other. I dont know why there are not as many other couples on these things but I highly recommend it. I waited two weeks before giving this review just to make sure it had a lasting effect. I now can tighten my belt an extra two notches and feel comfortable in all my suits and even started 5-a-side again as well as doing at least 3 sessions a week of the exercises I learned during the camp (Richard and Sam also offer extra tips after camp).

I want to say again that Sam and Richard are the best I have seen and I used to train at a reasonably high level as an amateur footballer and rugby player, so I know a little about this kind of thing.

Sam is so dedicated, has impeccable technique and just the right level of humour to keep you smiling when the tiredness sets in and you feel you cant do any more.

Richard knows more about injuries / adjusting for old injuries, clean eating as well as weird and wonderful ways of strecthing - ask him how to stretch your who body with just his foot!

Anyway - enough said - I really enjoyed it and respect the team and hope you book and enjoy it too!

Room Tip: Rooms are reasonably quiet but you will find you are too tired to care too much about the niceties a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick N
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My second weekend with Hillmotts in The Cotswolds ( first time at Dorset ) and I can thoroughly recommend Hillmotts Cotswolds and this kind of intense training no matter what level you are at. Although there were many different types of people there, we all had one thing in common - we wanted to get fitter. The training is tough, the food is controlled but the feeling at the end is one of happiness, elation and satisfaction at having survived! The talks on nutrition and exercise are invaluable and really start you on your own journey but being able to contact Hillmotts afterwards with any question you may have forgotten to ask or didn't think to ask at time is really helpful. The hot tub and sauna in the garden is a fabulous place to relax weary limbs and although this isn't a fancy spa there's everything you need. If you've thought about going to boot camp then you're half way there - just do it, you won't regret it. Would advise earplugs if you're a light sleeper - although nobody goes to bed late ( too knackered ) you can hear the tv a bit.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can choose a room but triple room 10 was light and had benefit of heat from the sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank North-South-Belle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
Travelodge Beaconsfield Central
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
The Crazy Bear Hotel - Beaconsfield
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!