“Best decision ever!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
London, United Kingdom
“Best decision ever!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just returned from my 3 days bootcamp at Hillmotts Cotswolds and it has been such an amazing experience! I was quite apprehensive before the start but it turned out to be the best decision ever! From day one, our trainers Steve and Richard have been fantastic at challenging our attitudes and pushing us to get the best out of ourselves and I can't feel prouder and happier about what I have been able to achieve! I've learnt so much about fitness and diet in these 3 days and I feel much more confident about myself and what I can do. Overall, it has been absolutely amazing and I can't wait to come back!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As someone who enjoys exercise and feeling fit, I've always fancied the idea of a fitness holiday but felt that most companies were charging way, way over the odds for the experience.

Having scoured umpteen sites over the past few years, I finally found a company offering a fitness holiday at a truly unbelievable price. So unbelievable that I had to double/triple check, as I honestly thought I'd made a mistake somewhere along the line. £169 for a 3 day fitness camp in the Cotswolds, including accommodation, all meals AND over a Bank Holiday! Surely there must be a catch?

With the old adage 'you get what you pay for' firmly in mind, I arrived at Hillmotts Cotswolds Fitness Retreat fully anticipating a watered down version of what I imagined a fitness retreat would be. After all, rival companies were charging at least double for what appeared to be the same experience. Surely corners would be cut?

However, from the minute I walked through the door, to the minute I left, my expectations were exceeded in every way. On stepping out of my car, the warm welcome I received from the trainers (Steve and Rich) was entirely genuine and personal and they gave me just the right amount of information to allow me to settle in gently without feeling overwhelmed.

My en-suite room was spacious and filled with light and I actually enjoyed sharing it with a fellow boot-camper. In fact, I would highly recommend sharing a room, as the camaraderie you develop through having mutual (often painful, but always fun) experiences definitely adds to the overall enjoyment of the weekend. (Thank you Alex.....you were a lovely room-mate.)

The classes are designed to be challenging, but always manageable, and the exercises are tiered in such a fashion that newbies and 'fitness-freaks' can simultaneously work side-by-side.

While everyone works at their own pace, there is a huge amount of support from the group as a whole and from the fantastic trainers who will encourage the fittest to squeeze out their 100th sit-up while coaxing the least fit members to do their first ever tricep dip. At the end of every session every single person feels they have given 100%.

My overall experience was completely underpinned by the encouragement, professionalism, knowledge and authenticity of the main trainers, Rich and Steve. They are like mother hens with a brood of chicks and they genuinely care for each and every person under their wing. They take the time to individually chat to you about your goals and go out of their way to ensure your experience is personal, fulfilling and challenging - but always achievable.

If you are in any doubt about signing up, I urge you to do so as it's truly life-enhancing. I haven't been able to wipe the smile from my face since!

Room Tip: I've never shared a room before and was therefore a little nervous about doing so. I'd highl...
1 Thank lc00k
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a brilliant boot camp at Witney- the food and rooms were excellent.
However, what made the Bootcamp was firstly the trainers - Chris Manning is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. i learnt more in 3 days from him on nutrition/exercise than I
have in my previous 5 years of training. Secondly, the other people on the course - a really smashing group that it was a privilege to meet.
I left on Day 3 feeling the best physically and mentally that I have felt in 10 years!

I really recommend it to anyone serious about getting a 'jump start' to fitness and health.
Can't wait to go back. Michele Robertson

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to share! I have never shared a hotel room in my life before - but I did at Hillmott...
1 Thank Michele R
Bristol
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just did my 3rd Hillmotts bootcamp, this time in Witney and yes at times it's hard but the trainers show you how to work smart with compound exercises and how breaking up exercises and classes into manageable sections makes every 45 min session a reasonable challenge without it being too much. The best part is I feel great and am amazed at what 3 days can do to change your shape. Lovely people, the food was much much better than before - healthy and delicious. Am trying the recommended 6 week tea total challenge - so far so good :) Huge thanks to Chris and Katie.

Room Tip: I shared with three others (fem, mixed ages) and it was all good - great to meet such lovely people...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently attended the Dorset Bootcamp and would like to tell you what a wonderful experience it was!

The structure of the days was perfect! There was a great mix of high intensity classes and lower intensity activities that still got you moving. I think that this allowed me to get the most from the 6 days, as I was able to constantly push myself.

The trainers (Tom, Luke and Cat) were superb, I simply cannot praise them highly enough. They had a great eye for picking up my level, and gave me a push during sessions when I needed it, and encouraged me when they could see I was giving my all. They were professional and upbeat throughout, and their positive can do attitudes really kept me going through the 6 days. They were always on hand and nothing was too much trouble. Plus, the amount that they clearly understand about fitness and nutrition was phenomenal, and they were keen to impart as much of this as possible.

The camp exceeded all of my expectations and was great value for money. I left with a change in mindset and attitude that I did not expect. Also, the aftercare documents look very helpful, and again I did not expect them to be so comprehensive. One very happy customer, and I will definitely booking on another camp later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank njh88
Cheltenham
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had the best horrible time at Hilmotts! By saying this I mean it did everything i wanted it to- it stretched me physically with more exercise than I ever believed that I could do, I ate all the right foods for 6 days which left me feeling healthy and well - and I actually did not feel hungry at all, - so all in all - eventhough I can;t say that it was the same as sitting on a Barbadian beach, after getting through the first three days of pain, I thoroughly enjoyed it. So - what can I write to help you decide if you would like to go? Firstly the food - the meals were delicious - really delicious. There was plenty to eat too. The facilities are lovely - clean, comfortable etc. Loved the hot tub and sauna - but beware the wrath of Richard should you make it foamy! The trainers were great too - we had Katy who is just hard core class madam. Bounding with energy and unstoppable she pushed me through with a just get on with it edge. Any complaints were met with a smile and a simple - oh (just get on with it!). Richard was great - overworked - having to run the show and train, which is a bit much really. Military background shows but he did not shout, and was generally encouraging. Then Chris arrived. He took the time to show us how to do the exercises PROPERLY and be mindful about our movements going forward. This was really helpful. He was constantly encouraging us to get the most out of our time. His classes were interesing and fun. He has a wonderful way of explaining things and I think we all had a big soft spot for him! Google him and you will find all sorts of info on his (and the other trainers) recommended CLEAN eating plan. I would thoroughly recommend Hillmotts Cotswolds, it has inspired me to change my way of life and I am going to do everything I can to keep it up. A tip would be to train quite hard before you go - this could then avoid the first three days of pain and generally not being able to walk! Thanks guys - you were all great.

Room Tip: Bath in room 11 - but shower a bit pony. Room 6 - shower great. If you can afford a room on your o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Warfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friend Jane & myself have just returned from a brilliant 3 day Bootcamp in the Cotswolds. This is our 2nd visit to Hillmotts and we have just placed a deposit to return again next year. We had two fantastic trainers Chris and Richard who were absolutely brilliant, full of energy and passion and both very inspiring people. We would like to thank you for making it a wonderful experience. You worked us both really hard but we had great fun along the way! I would definitely recommend this Bootcamp to everyone. It is a great experience and challenge and the trainers are absolutely superb. See you next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!