““Hillmotts Fitness Retreat Peak District””

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just wanted to let you know that my stay at the Peak District in May was quite a wow factor.
I did not know what I was letting myself in for - but it was great - pain and endurance for sure - but very beneficial. Your staff Samantha (Sam), Luke and Kate were very helpful and caring - they gave all of us so much support when they could see things were getting hard or difficult. They gave 110% but dear Sam gave 150% up until our last good byes. Going into the unknown and doing what I done gave me the boost I was looking and hoping for. The only problem, being in the real world, everything is so tempting and it is all at hands reach, at
our lovely Fitness Boot Camp we were restricted and had our exercise regime all day and everyday we were there - no temptation.

Once again it was great and I would recommend it to anyone but I would not tell them what was in store, its best that they find out themselves, because at the end of the day, no pain - no gain - and the pain goes away, It is forgotten and the feeling is gooooood.

Kind Regards June Richardson

1  Thank JunePR222
There are newer reviews for Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just come back from Hillmotts Fitness Retreat, I had the best time ever, During each exercise I thought half way through I wouldn't be able to complete it but always did, the instructors Sam and Tom new just how far to push you, they were amazing and knowledgeable. The food was good and tasty, I never felt hungry, I even took nuts and fruit but only ate them the 1st night. The accommodation was a surprise a little cottage sharing with 2 other girls, it was really lovely. The exercises were really hard but fun felt great when I completed them, made me aware of what I am capable of. I have come away aching all over, would I do it again, yes but need to practice burpees 1st really struggled with them. Had a bad knee before I went so was worried about certain exercises and wouldn't usually do, after advice from Tom and Sam realised it hurt because I wasn't doing the exercises correctly with their expert knowledge I will now be putting them in my exercise plan. Sam and Tom certainly made it a great experience for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just returned from my 3 days bootcamp at Hillmotts Cotswolds and it has been such an amazing experience! I was quite apprehensive before the start but it turned out to be the best decision ever! From day one, our trainers Steve and Richard have been fantastic at challenging our attitudes and pushing us to get the best out of ourselves and I can't feel prouder and happier about what I have been able to achieve! I've learnt so much about fitness and diet in these 3 days and I feel much more confident about myself and what I can do. Overall, it has been absolutely amazing and I can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

As someone who enjoys exercise and feeling fit, I've always fancied the idea of a fitness holiday but felt that most companies were charging way, way over the odds for the experience.

Having scoured umpteen sites over the past few years, I finally found a company offering a fitness holiday at a truly unbelievable price. So unbelievable that I had to double/triple check, as I honestly thought I'd made a mistake somewhere along the line. £169 for a 3 day fitness camp in the Cotswolds, including accommodation, all meals AND over a Bank Holiday! Surely there must be a catch?

With the old adage 'you get what you pay for' firmly in mind, I arrived at Hillmotts Cotswolds Fitness Retreat fully anticipating a watered down version of what I imagined a fitness retreat would be. After all, rival companies were charging at least double for what appeared to be the same experience. Surely corners would be cut?

However, from the minute I walked through the door, to the minute I left, my expectations were exceeded in every way. On stepping out of my car, the warm welcome I received from the trainers (Steve and Rich) was entirely genuine and personal and they gave me just the right amount of information to allow me to settle in gently without feeling overwhelmed.

My en-suite room was spacious and filled with light and I actually enjoyed sharing it with a fellow boot-camper. In fact, I would highly recommend sharing a room, as the camaraderie you develop through having mutual (often painful, but always fun) experiences definitely adds to the overall enjoyment of the weekend. (Thank you Alex.....you were a lovely room-mate.)

The classes are designed to be challenging, but always manageable, and the exercises are tiered in such a fashion that newbies and 'fitness-freaks' can simultaneously work side-by-side.

While everyone works at their own pace, there is a huge amount of support from the group as a whole and from the fantastic trainers who will encourage the fittest to squeeze out their 100th sit-up while coaxing the least fit members to do their first ever tricep dip. At the end of every session every single person feels they have given 100%.

My overall experience was completely underpinned by the encouragement, professionalism, knowledge and authenticity of the main trainers, Rich and Steve. They are like mother hens with a brood of chicks and they genuinely care for each and every person under their wing. They take the time to individually chat to you about your goals and go out of their way to ensure your experience is personal, fulfilling and challenging - but always achievable.

If you are in any doubt about signing up, I urge you to do so as it's truly life-enhancing. I haven't been able to wipe the smile from my face since!

Room Tip: I've never shared a room before and was therefore a little nervous about doing so. I'd highl...
1  Thank lc00k
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a brilliant boot camp at Witney- the food and rooms were excellent.
However, what made the Bootcamp was firstly the trainers - Chris Manning is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. i learnt more in 3 days from him on nutrition/exercise than I
have in my previous 5 years of training. Secondly, the other people on the course - a really smashing group that it was a privilege to meet.
I left on Day 3 feeling the best physically and mentally that I have felt in 10 years!

I really recommend it to anyone serious about getting a 'jump start' to fitness and health.
Can't wait to go back. Michele Robertson

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to share! I have never shared a hotel room in my life before - but I did at Hillmott...
1  Thank Michele R
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just did my 3rd Hillmotts bootcamp, this time in Witney and yes at times it's hard but the trainers show you how to work smart with compound exercises and how breaking up exercises and classes into manageable sections makes every 45 min session a reasonable challenge without it being too much. The best part is I feel great and am amazed at what 3 days can do to change your shape. Lovely people, the food was much much better than before - healthy and delicious. Am trying the recommended 6 week tea total challenge - so far so good :) Huge thanks to Chris and Katie.

Room Tip: I shared with three others (fem, mixed ages) and it was all good - great to meet such lovely people...
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently attended the Dorset Bootcamp and would like to tell you what a wonderful experience it was!

The structure of the days was perfect! There was a great mix of high intensity classes and lower intensity activities that still got you moving. I think that this allowed me to get the most from the 6 days, as I was able to constantly push myself.

The trainers (Tom, Luke and Cat) were superb, I simply cannot praise them highly enough. They had a great eye for picking up my level, and gave me a push during sessions when I needed it, and encouraged me when they could see I was giving my all. They were professional and upbeat throughout, and their positive can do attitudes really kept me going through the 6 days. They were always on hand and nothing was too much trouble. Plus, the amount that they clearly understand about fitness and nutrition was phenomenal, and they were keen to impart as much of this as possible.

The camp exceeded all of my expectations and was great value for money. I left with a change in mindset and attitude that I did not expect. Also, the aftercare documents look very helpful, and again I did not expect them to be so comprehensive. One very happy customer, and I will definitely booking on another camp later in the year.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank njh88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!