“Hillmotts Cotswolds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Hillmotts Cotswolds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 6 days bootcamp, Great location and beautiful house, the first 3 days our trainers Cat, Emma and Richard were ready to get us into shape, fantastic classes and great hikes, trainer Chris came on day 4 with all his knowledge and enthusiasm which is needed to help you through the day. I shared a room which I was a little nervous about but would highly recommend this when you go. Unfortunately the cook/housekeeper was away for first 3 days, I found the food wasn't great and the house was dirty, didn't change towels daily( I was sharing a bathroom) bin wasn't emptied either, I know this was a bootcamp but that does not mean un clean and bad food. The cook returned on my 5th day and the food greatly improved and house looked cleaner, would highly recommend you check that the cook/housekeeper is working when you go, after exercising all day good food and clean areas matter in my mind x would of liked this location to have a pool.

Room Tip: I preferred to stay upstairs x
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Loved it! Wasn't totally sure what to expect but the weather was on our side and the classes were varied. Not going to lie, it was tough, but it's a case of mind over matter. Break through that barrier and you're on the road to success.
Wasn't expecting much from the food, but again, I was pleasantly surprised. Each meal was very tasty, despite being smaller than what I'd normally dish up for myself, but after the first day, I wasn't even hungry as they were filling and nutritious. Very impressed.
The house itself and the rooms were clean, which is always important.
A swimming pool would bettered my experience...but I'm already planning my next trip!

1 Thank Kim G
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just wanted to let you know that my stay at the Peak District in May was quite a wow factor.
I did not know what I was letting myself in for - but it was great - pain and endurance for sure - but very beneficial. Your staff Samantha (Sam), Luke and Kate were very helpful and caring - they gave all of us so much support when they could see things were getting hard or difficult. They gave 110% but dear Sam gave 150% up until our last good byes. Going into the unknown and doing what I done gave me the boost I was looking and hoping for. The only problem, being in the real world, everything is so tempting and it is all at hands reach, at
our lovely Fitness Boot Camp we were restricted and had our exercise regime all day and everyday we were there - no temptation.

Once again it was great and I would recommend it to anyone but I would not tell them what was in store, its best that they find out themselves, because at the end of the day, no pain - no gain - and the pain goes away, It is forgotten and the feeling is gooooood.

Kind Regards June Richardson

1 Thank JunePR222
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just come back from Hillmotts Fitness Retreat, I had the best time ever, During each exercise I thought half way through I wouldn't be able to complete it but always did, the instructors Sam and Tom new just how far to push you, they were amazing and knowledgeable. The food was good and tasty, I never felt hungry, I even took nuts and fruit but only ate them the 1st night. The accommodation was a surprise a little cottage sharing with 2 other girls, it was really lovely. The exercises were really hard but fun felt great when I completed them, made me aware of what I am capable of. I have come away aching all over, would I do it again, yes but need to practice burpees 1st really struggled with them. Had a bad knee before I went so was worried about certain exercises and wouldn't usually do, after advice from Tom and Sam realised it hurt because I wasn't doing the exercises correctly with their expert knowledge I will now be putting them in my exercise plan. Sam and Tom certainly made it a great experience for me.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just returned from my 3 days bootcamp at Hillmotts Cotswolds and it has been such an amazing experience! I was quite apprehensive before the start but it turned out to be the best decision ever! From day one, our trainers Steve and Richard have been fantastic at challenging our attitudes and pushing us to get the best out of ourselves and I can't feel prouder and happier about what I have been able to achieve! I've learnt so much about fitness and diet in these 3 days and I feel much more confident about myself and what I can do. Overall, it has been absolutely amazing and I can't wait to come back!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

As someone who enjoys exercise and feeling fit, I've always fancied the idea of a fitness holiday but felt that most companies were charging way, way over the odds for the experience.

Having scoured umpteen sites over the past few years, I finally found a company offering a fitness holiday at a truly unbelievable price. So unbelievable that I had to double/triple check, as I honestly thought I'd made a mistake somewhere along the line. £169 for a 3 day fitness camp in the Cotswolds, including accommodation, all meals AND over a Bank Holiday! Surely there must be a catch?

With the old adage 'you get what you pay for' firmly in mind, I arrived at Hillmotts Cotswolds Fitness Retreat fully anticipating a watered down version of what I imagined a fitness retreat would be. After all, rival companies were charging at least double for what appeared to be the same experience. Surely corners would be cut?

However, from the minute I walked through the door, to the minute I left, my expectations were exceeded in every way. On stepping out of my car, the warm welcome I received from the trainers (Steve and Rich) was entirely genuine and personal and they gave me just the right amount of information to allow me to settle in gently without feeling overwhelmed.

My en-suite room was spacious and filled with light and I actually enjoyed sharing it with a fellow boot-camper. In fact, I would highly recommend sharing a room, as the camaraderie you develop through having mutual (often painful, but always fun) experiences definitely adds to the overall enjoyment of the weekend. (Thank you Alex.....you were a lovely room-mate.)

The classes are designed to be challenging, but always manageable, and the exercises are tiered in such a fashion that newbies and 'fitness-freaks' can simultaneously work side-by-side.

While everyone works at their own pace, there is a huge amount of support from the group as a whole and from the fantastic trainers who will encourage the fittest to squeeze out their 100th sit-up while coaxing the least fit members to do their first ever tricep dip. At the end of every session every single person feels they have given 100%.

My overall experience was completely underpinned by the encouragement, professionalism, knowledge and authenticity of the main trainers, Rich and Steve. They are like mother hens with a brood of chicks and they genuinely care for each and every person under their wing. They take the time to individually chat to you about your goals and go out of their way to ensure your experience is personal, fulfilling and challenging - but always achievable.

If you are in any doubt about signing up, I urge you to do so as it's truly life-enhancing. I haven't been able to wipe the smile from my face since!

Room Tip: I've never shared a room before and was therefore a little nervous about doing so. I'd highl...
1 Thank lc00k
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a brilliant boot camp at Witney- the food and rooms were excellent.
However, what made the Bootcamp was firstly the trainers - Chris Manning is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. i learnt more in 3 days from him on nutrition/exercise than I
have in my previous 5 years of training. Secondly, the other people on the course - a really smashing group that it was a privilege to meet.
I left on Day 3 feeling the best physically and mentally that I have felt in 10 years!

I really recommend it to anyone serious about getting a 'jump start' to fitness and health.
Can't wait to go back. Michele Robertson

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to share! I have never shared a hotel room in my life before - but I did at Hillmott...
1 Thank Michele R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!