“Hillmotts Dorset”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have just returned from a 6 day stay at Hillmotts in Dorset. What can I say but WOW. The accommodation was clean and spacious (I was lucky enough to have a bath which I can assure you was very welcome at the end of the day). Sam and Luke were absolutely fantastic, always full of beans and encouraging everyone. There is something for everyone at Hillmotts you are never pushed beyond your capabilities but you feel you just want to try harder with every lesson. The health and nutrition talks were an eye opener and really interesting (I went shopping on the way home and looked at labels for the first time - what a shock).

We ate enough to fill us, all good wholesome food. You could take extra snacks if you wanted to but quite honestly I was never hungry throughout my stay.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone to go to Hillmotts, old or young, fit or not. There is something for everyone. I have never worked so hard in my life but feel fantastic.

The setting was idyllic and the hikes were made even more pleasant by the weather which was perfect.

Thanks once again Sam and Luke you made the stay memorable xx

Room Tip: A bath is wonderful at the end of the day
4  Thank Sheila B

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have recently returned from the Peak District bootcamp and it is one of the most worthwhile things we have done in our lives. I am reasonably fit and active and my boyfriend does no exercise- but we both found it equally challenging as there are different levels of exercises to suit everyone. The health and fitness talks are really interesting. I thought I was fit and healthy before but there are quite a few things my boyfriend and I have changed and are going to change in our lives going forward. I would recommend this to EVERYONE regardless of whether you have any health or fitness goals. If I could I would send every one of my friends and family to Hillmotts and we will definitely be returning. And the best part of the fantastic camp is the trainers- Sam and Katie. Thank you so much Guys

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank SarahCastle
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just come back from Peak District ,was very nervous going but as soon as I got there I was put at ease by Kate and Sam i must admit the exercises were tough but well worth it . The accomadation very good and great to have a sauna and swim to ease the pain. Sam and Kate were fantastic trainers and pushed you to what you were capable of doing,they both were very supportive. I met some lovely people there and have agreed to stay in touch which is great. All in all the experience was inspireing and given me the determination to carry on and reach my goal. I would recommened this experience to any one. Thanks Sam Kate and hillmotts hope to see you all again soon

1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 6 days bootcamp, Great location and beautiful house, the first 3 days our trainers Cat, Emma and Richard were ready to get us into shape, fantastic classes and great hikes, trainer Chris came on day 4 with all his knowledge and enthusiasm which is needed to help you through the day. I shared a room which I was a little nervous about but would highly recommend this when you go. Unfortunately the cook/housekeeper was away for first 3 days, I found the food wasn't great and the house was dirty, didn't change towels daily( I was sharing a bathroom) bin wasn't emptied either, I know this was a bootcamp but that does not mean un clean and bad food. The cook returned on my 5th day and the food greatly improved and house looked cleaner, would highly recommend you check that the cook/housekeeper is working when you go, after exercising all day good food and clean areas matter in my mind x would of liked this location to have a pool.

Room Tip: I preferred to stay upstairs x
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Loved it! Wasn't totally sure what to expect but the weather was on our side and the classes were varied. Not going to lie, it was tough, but it's a case of mind over matter. Break through that barrier and you're on the road to success.
Wasn't expecting much from the food, but again, I was pleasantly surprised. Each meal was very tasty, despite being smaller than what I'd normally dish up for myself, but after the first day, I wasn't even hungry as they were filling and nutritious. Very impressed.
The house itself and the rooms were clean, which is always important.
A swimming pool would bettered my experience...but I'm already planning my next trip!

1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just wanted to let you know that my stay at the Peak District in May was quite a wow factor.
I did not know what I was letting myself in for - but it was great - pain and endurance for sure - but very beneficial. Your staff Samantha (Sam), Luke and Kate were very helpful and caring - they gave all of us so much support when they could see things were getting hard or difficult. They gave 110% but dear Sam gave 150% up until our last good byes. Going into the unknown and doing what I done gave me the boost I was looking and hoping for. The only problem, being in the real world, everything is so tempting and it is all at hands reach, at
our lovely Fitness Boot Camp we were restricted and had our exercise regime all day and everyday we were there - no temptation.

Once again it was great and I would recommend it to anyone but I would not tell them what was in store, its best that they find out themselves, because at the end of the day, no pain - no gain - and the pain goes away, It is forgotten and the feeling is gooooood.

Kind Regards June Richardson

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JunePR222
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just come back from Hillmotts Fitness Retreat, I had the best time ever, During each exercise I thought half way through I wouldn't be able to complete it but always did, the instructors Sam and Tom new just how far to push you, they were amazing and knowledgeable. The food was good and tasty, I never felt hungry, I even took nuts and fruit but only ate them the 1st night. The accommodation was a surprise a little cottage sharing with 2 other girls, it was really lovely. The exercises were really hard but fun felt great when I completed them, made me aware of what I am capable of. I have come away aching all over, would I do it again, yes but need to practice burpees 1st really struggled with them. Had a bad knee before I went so was worried about certain exercises and wouldn't usually do, after advice from Tom and Sam realised it hurt because I wasn't doing the exercises correctly with their expert knowledge I will now be putting them in my exercise plan. Sam and Tom certainly made it a great experience for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!