“Great evening with friends and a lovely setting”

The Greyhound Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greyhound Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At The Greyhound Enoteca, we serve the finest selection of Italian wines for every palate and every occasion accompanied by innovative Italian dishes created from the finest quality ingredients. We are open all day from breakfast until nightcaps and anything goes in-between! From a casual lunch to a formal dinner we've got it covered. With our warm atmosphere, cosy corners and open fires this is the place to relax with friends. Call in and see us soon!
Buckinghamshire
“Great evening with friends and a lovely setting”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Myself and my girl friends went to Enoteca yesterday evening. Having lived in Beaconsfield for a number of years and we had heard that the Greyhound had changed to a Italian restaurant we decided to give it a try. We had read the website and liked the look of what it had to offer.
On a arrival we were pleasantly surprised that it had a lovely outdoor eating area which we were offered as it was such a balmy evening.
From arrival until the end of the meal the staff were so freindly, attentive, polite and courteous. We had a lovely female waitress who helped us select the right for us - bringing out 3 for us to try (great service to offer and it was nice to try before we bought) She was very pleasant and very knowledgeable of the menu and also had good recommendations. Brilliant service and we call said we felt like we were on holiday.
Throughout the meal the food was served at good time intervals, well presented and very tasty - we all loved are meals and were pleased with our choices. It was a real taste of true Italy.
The staff could see that we were a group who liked to chat and take time over our meal and therefore we weren't pestered all the time, they seemed to appear when we needed them.
All in all a lovely alfresco setting, great wine and delicious food.
We will all be back and recommending friends and family to come along. It has the perfect inside setting also for a morning coffee or light lunch. Nice to have somewhere a little different to go. Thank you

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MadMaxi

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely meal, lovely staff....”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the greyhound enoteca in June with my boyfriend and had a lovely experience! Staff were very attentive and chatty, food was great and all freshly prepared! There is a large wine selection, which was great,the waiter was also happy to help me make my selection by giving me tasters of 2 different wines! Which was helpful :)
food arrived promptly and was delicious, I will definitely be returning!

1 Thank Lacey B
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

One of worst restaurants I have been too. Inside ok but plain with just one ladies loo. Waited over half an hour for menus then another hour for food. I have food intolerances so rang few days before to check. Should have had alarm bells then as persons English was poor he didn't understand. Anyway to cut a long list of complaints short - every stage of the meal was wrong and service shocking. The chips were good though. Cod was cold and sauce I said I didn't want came on and so rather than wait even longer I ate it - it had my food allergies hidden in it and I was sick all night ! We didn't even get offered desert menu ( which was probably just as well) and after waiting even longer we gave up and got the bill, paid,left and will never return and warn you not to either

Visited June 2014
8 Thank ann F
Raffmerc, Owner at The Greyhound Enoteca, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Whilst we are sorry you did not enjoy your experience, we also had alarm bells ringing when you started to insult our waiting staff to other members of your party. Obviously they are not as bad at understanding English as you initially thought! We accommodated your wishes re your allergies so do not understand how you became ill. One steak was sent back but apart from that no complaints from any of you at the time, you were offered another steak or meal, declined and offered an adjustment on your bill all accepted gracefully by the extremely nice lady you were dining with. this is a sixteenth century inn and yes at present only one toilet for the ladies until planning is granted otherwise. It's not a purpose built restaurant, modern with plastic food, everything cooked fresh to order, I suggest that your attitude was wrong when you arrived, too many assumptions about the level of English spoken and frankly outwardly unhappy that there should have been foreigners serving you at all, at least that was our view of you and as trip advisor is the subjective opinion of both customer and owner we are happy to say this in print. I hope you find your perfect venue in future. Paola Cuozzo owner,
London
“Has potential but not there yet....”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Enoteca has the potential to be very good and somewhat different to the standard fare served up in Italian restaurants in the area. However, it doesn't quite hit the mark in my opinion. The decor and atmosphere are nice, but the food misses for me on a number of levels. The Burrata, though perfectly fine, is served on bland tomatoes that have no flavour and add nothing to the dish. The Tagliata was overcooked for my liking (ordered medium rare) and served in large chunks rather than thin slices. Prices are at the upper end of the scale £55 for tagliatelle for two, so really the dish needed to be executed far better. Hopefully they will make some adjustments and vary the menu a bit in coming months. Worth a try, but be aware you might be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Angus65
Raffmerc, Owner at The Greyhound Enoteca, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your response however it is always disappointing to hear that things were not as good as they should have been.
I am particularly disappointed to hear that the tomatoes were tasteless as I have gone to a great deal of trouble in finding heirloom tomatoes,to try and recreate the extra flavour you get from tomatoes in Italy, I guess there is no substitute for sunshine at the end of the day, although we try to dress them with plenty of seasoning the best olive oil etc, I guess we fell short this time.
I am also sorry that your tagliata was not amazing. I have asked the staff, as we have a check back policy and they tell me you said all was fine with the meal. I can only urge you and all our customers to tell us when something falls below your expectations, even perfectionists like us don't always get it right first time and we are always very happy to change things for you. As far as our prices go we are average for the quality of our products, we buy only artisan produce and can't easily be compared with other local eateries for price because of this, in fact ,compare us with chains and we represent excellent value for money. We sincerely hope you will give us another try in the future. Paola Cuozzo owner
“Very very small portions!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The ambience and atmosphere is lovely and the staff are very polite and welcoming.
We visited for a mid week supper and only ordered a main meal pasta dish each....they were tasty and beautifully cooked but it was a starter size portion...honestly more like a child's meal. It's a shame as I would visit again but not at £14 for a starter size portion of pasta!
Lovely menu and good wine list! Did feedback portion size to the staff...let's hope it gets to the decision makers if this place will last.

Visited May 2014