“Something different”

Bekonscot Model Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Bekonscot Model Village and Railway is the world’s oldest original model village. Set in Beaconsfield, just outside of London we are a popular day attraction for people of all ages.It was opened in 1929 and it’s a great place to bring the family and stomp around like giants! There are six model towns, a huge Gauge 1 model garden railway, ride-on railway, remote-controlled boats, castles, lakes and industries in 1.5 acres of award-winning gardens.It's a great family day out, and it's your chance to be a giant in a miniature land of adventure, hidden away in a 1930s timewarp. It’s a big day out full of really nice small things and we'd love to see you soon!
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Took my 8 & 4 year old here and we all enjoyed it. There is so much detail gone into the models and my youngest loved the mini trains going by. It's defintely a break from the norm coming here. It doesn't take long to go around it, but we made a good half day here as we took a picnic and my youngest liked the play area.

The play area is really for under 5's as my 8 year old wasn't that interested in playing in there, he soon found some children his age to play tag with though!

The train ride was sweet, it cost a £1.00 each.

Prices were £9.00 adult £5.50 child. Bit pricey for adult but as all the profit goes to charity you dont mind paying as much. In addition, if you look on web you can get a discount voucher that entitles a child in free. Car park is free and just across the road.

We only had drinks and lollies from the cafe and they were not that expensive, £1 for bottle of water and £1 for a twister.

It was very clean there as well. If you really don't need to take a buggy, I'd leave it behind as there's not much room to get around with it, especially if it's busy.

2  Thank emwoo

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We last visited Bekonscot Model Village over 30 years ago, and it is still worth going to see. It has stood the passage of time well and almost serves as an historical attraction, showing an English village as it used to be.
I was pleased that the car park was free although very full, and the attendant was most helpful and pleasant. The entrance fee was average for these days, but still expensive for a family. There is plenty of picnic area & a tea room, although by 2.30pm the choice was very limited. It is definitely a fine day attraction.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I took my son and his canadian fiance here and they really were not showing any sighs of excitement on the news of where we were going.......till they got there.......and my granddaughter who is three and a half also loves it !!! and so dio I ........ and all the profit goes to charity.......

Reviewed 1 May 2011

I had been here before many years ago as a child & decided to take my 2 year old daughter. It brought back many happy memories. The model village is so English & quaint & wonderfully put together. There are lots of trains running through the village & my daughter couldn't get enough of them. There's a small cafe but also lots of picnic areas and a good play area for the little ones. I would say that if you're taking a pushchair try & stick to a single stroller as the pathways are just about big enough. It's perfect for a morning or afternoon visit and although it's a little pricey, all profits go to charity.

1  Thank BelRoo
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We had visited this before when my son was much younger and decided to revisit as we had previously had a good time here.

I did feel that the price at £9 per adult a little steep but the profits are donated to charity which did take the sting out of it a bit and you can use tesco vouchers which helps keep costs down.

The models and the village are excellent, the people who run this have spent a lot of time and energy, the attention to detail is amazing. Your ticket is good for as long as you want to stay and this will be governed by your childs interest. We went round twice and did the quiz the second time, our son did enjoy his visit. The playpark is firmly geared towards 5 and under and our son at 9 didn't want to spent any time there. The cafe was reasonable and you can take in a picnic.

It's perfect for a half day out but I think you would push to spend any longer than 2/3 hours here and it would depend on your childs interest in this type of place. If they show no interest in miniland at Legoland than possibly not. Not a wet weather attraction but one to enjoy when the sun is shining.