“Nice but pricey”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice fresh food, service really good, just felt a bit expensive for Chinese food really.

Would definitely go again, just not rushing back next week!

3  Thank Goz007

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had dinner there this evening. Service was attentive generally, food was disappointing seemed processed and not freshly prepared. Wine wasn't expensive though.

Waiting team were pretty good, except for the end of the meal when we chose not have deserts and when the bill was paid without even a word, let alone a thank you. I felt that I was not welcome and was not spending enough - although £140 for 2 adults and 2 children felt enough to me for a quick meal.

The toilets are accessed behind a curtain half attached to a pole, very cramped and not clean with a wet towel to dry your hands with, or a dryer that was ineffective. This really put me off - I wouldn't want my children using these unaccompanied.

We were disappointed. Certainly a poor comparison with China Diner I'm sad to say.

I won't be going back. For the price I had expected better sanitation and food.

2  Thank CMB1111
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had dinner at The Jasmine Chinese Restaurant in Beaconsfield this evening on the recommendation of a friend. I was not disappointed, in fact it was amazing

The theme is Indulgence Sunday and is exactly that and more, the menu is huge, it starts with appetisers and soups followed by middle courses such as crispy duck or lamb, then the mains, it's endless and really good food, the service is first class and the waiting staff are so helpful and attentive

If your going to try this restaurant do two things, book a table and then make sure your hungry, tip you don't need to be a glutton it's endless has long has you eat what you order, ask for a small portion if you wish to try something new, it will be gratefully appreciated by the restaurant and dealt with no fuss

Really was great and will be back

2  Thank Eddie I
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Bad Experience - we were a booked party of 5 (one child). We unfortunately had a bad experience at the restaurant and would never return or recommend (having heard it was a lovely restaurant which has been in the heart of Beaconsfield for many years). There was not enough staff to cater all the tables. We had to ask for service whenever we wanted something whether it be order a drink or our meal!

We didn't get to eat our starter together - duck arrived, then one persons starter followed by another after that. During this time we saw a table of 3 elderly ladies who had been waiting for their main meal for 2.5hrs!! We then knew we were in for a bad experience.

The food (when it arrived) was good but on the small side.

Nobody once apologised for the delays. The restaurant were kind enough to in some way apologise by giving us some wine. When it came to paying the bill, I was sorry to have to bring up the complaint/feedback but then when checking the bill we had been charged for extra duck (which they got wrong) and added a big service fee which of course we were unhappy to pay. When I apologetically complained to the women manageress she was extremely rude and laughed at me saying they gave us wine - what more do we want!! She was awful and so rude - the way they managed it was a disgrace.

1  Thank Lauren211
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Had a party of nine adults and two small children we went for the set menu and although it was cooked well found that offering one item of each starter item for each person was a little tight and not any more than a tea spoon of seaweed each.. The spare ribs tasted nice but we're small cuts with a fight to get any decent meat. The duck was good though in quantity and quality.. The mains arrived and again it was enough for a spoon of each dish for each person and dishes very bulked out with onions peppers and other veg.. Tastes good but will not be back

1  Thank pantanki