“Traditional and Attentive”

The Jasmine
Ranked #35 of 61 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Traditional and Attentive”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Came back to find it exactly the same as it was years ago. I love the Asian décor on the walls, with mother of pearl, not cheap. There is great choice on the menu, don't be afraid to stray into less common dishes, I was very impressed with the duck in plum sauce and a vermicelli dish. After comparing it to many restaurants in the area, I can say it is has the freshest ingredients- in comparison to the China Diner down the road. Be prepared to spend £15-20 per person. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Very nice for special occasions, takeaway is also available.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AliceinWonderland19

Buckinghamshire
“Very nice Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have eaten at the Sunday eat as much as you like. The food was good, the service was attentive and we had the round table which made for a sociable seating area. We will definitely go again.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank 27sunseeker
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday buffet”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really like the restaurant but some of the staff can be abrupt or grumpy, could be cultural but happened a couple of visits running, doesn't put me off though, still good food & restaurant!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Abi1979
“Nice but pricey”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice fresh food, service really good, just felt a bit expensive for Chinese food really.

Would definitely go again, just not rushing back next week!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Goz007
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Average, not very enjoyable.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had dinner there this evening. Service was attentive generally, food was disappointing seemed processed and not freshly prepared. Wine wasn't expensive though.

Waiting team were pretty good, except for the end of the meal when we chose not have deserts and when the bill was paid without even a word, let alone a thank you. I felt that I was not welcome and was not spending enough - although £140 for 2 adults and 2 children felt enough to me for a quick meal.

The toilets are accessed behind a curtain half attached to a pole, very cramped and not clean with a wet towel to dry your hands with, or a dryer that was ineffective. This really put me off - I wouldn't want my children using these unaccompanied.

We were disappointed. Certainly a poor comparison with China Diner I'm sad to say.

I won't be going back. For the price I had expected better sanitation and food.

• Visited April 2014