The White Hart
Villiers Hotel(Buckingham)
Milton Keynes Hotel(Deanshanger)
Whittlebury Hall(Towcester)
View Hotel
De Vere Horwood Estate(Little Horwood)
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Cock Hotel(Milton Keynes)
View Hotel
All reviewsold buildingmixed grillmarket squareold coaching innshort staybar areawarm welcomealvarosaturdaypubsvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for one Sunday night in February, I was attracted by the convenient location and the price tag (£34!). Having read some of the reviews, I was dubious so when I got there and was welcomed by a charming manager I was pleasantly surprised. My room was clean and I was happy with the bathroom. Unfortunately I had a really bad night's sleep as there was no radiator in the room and a really high ceiling which meant, even sleeping in a hoodie and pajamas,; I was freezing. Also there was no lock on the window which I found a bit disconcerting.
Overall though, if you are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful I would recommend it, just make sure you ask for a room with a radiator if you are visiting in the winter (provided they have them!) Oh and some of the lights didn't work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Buckets in hallways when raining.ply board covering holes in ceilings.damp and rot in rooms.windows falling apart as you open them...im never going back and do not recomend..food in bar is also very poor.never get a order right..not very helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank 12pompeyrodgers
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The White Hart is centrally located which is good although as there isn't much to do in Buckingham less of an issue. We were greeted by a friendly guy who checked us in and commented "you booked a twin is that right". We checked our booking and said "no, a double". He said no problem. We got to our room, it had twin beds. As there is no phone in the room, we called downstairs using mobiles to question the room to be told he thought it was a double and not to worry, he would come up, push the beds together and give us a double duvet. The whole thing was hilarious to be honest. For £60 its OK. The room was sloping and you could play ping pong with the key ring but, we just wanted to sleep there and it was fine. We didn't make breakfast the next morning but wasn't an issue as the pub did a all day breakfast 2 for £12 - bargain.

Room Tip: make sure they confirm you have a double and by double you don't mean pushing to small single beds together!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A big thank you for a very special day at the White Hart, food great, service exceptional. The new management are really making a difference. I can recommend the Christmas Day experience here and will definitely be considering eating here more often. Thanks again to Jackie and the rest of the team.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scampi2906
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Been back here twice in last couple of months and have been impressed by the changes in the service .....and the food. First time was on a Saturday afternoon so was fairly busy, but order was served up promptly by helpful staff.
Second time was a Tuesday afternoon .....we both had the sausage and mash and the sausages were lovely, service was good and helpful staff.
I would give it 5 stars but for the fact theres still too many fruit machines kicking about which makes it feel a bit "chavish" and I would suggest lighting needs to be looked at so that it doesn't give that "dingy" feeling. Its a shame the decor has been allowed to deteriorate in places, but thats no fault of the present management who seem to be trying their best.
Lets hope whoever owns the White Hart can invest some decent money into it so that it could reach its full potential.

Room Tip: wasn't staying there so cannot advise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple