“The White Hell”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Buckingham
london
“The White Hell”
Reviewed 13 April 2007

Sorry for my English as I m not british.

Me and my boyfriend booked the white hart for 2 nites in march 2007 to travel somewhere to celebrate our engagement.
When we arrived noone was at the reception we wait almost 45 minutes that someone a waitress came from the bar to give us our key. Can you imagine she called me idiot because I have signed the check in slip without her permission?
We got room 3. It was horrible!!!!!
There was a double bed with a very oldschool small tv what was out of order. In the bathroom there was a tube, so you could just have a bath even not take a shower. We had a kettle in the room as well...was full with rice!!!
I went down to the bar to see the manager...so the waitress said the manager is her college..and guess what..the manager was the same woman who called me idiot..she came back with me to the room, she said she knows all about it :O
she promised to change the kettle..she even forgot it...
around 10pm very very loud music was coming..of course cos downstair is the bar!! You can read in the house-rules, that the turn the music down at 11.30pm...
Well after 2am in the morning me and my boyfriend decide to leave the place..music was still very loud...when we arrived downstairs people were fighting in the bar with bouncers.
I told the "manager" we are leaving, I gave back the key..even she didnt say bye...thats our story with the White hart...
So 2 am we arrived to the Villient Hotel, what is 2 minutes walk from the White Hart. Stuff was fantastic, room was beautiful.

• Liked — nothing..all was crap
  • Disliked — everything..as all was crap
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank mamateddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2006

I have not stayed at this hotel but have the mis-forture of it being a local hotel/pub to where I live. Having visited it at the weekend (after avoiding it for some time due to comments from friends that have said how awful it is) I would like to agree whole-heartedly with them, it is awful!! Most of the tables were covered in dirty plates/glasses/crisp packets etc. etc, there was rubbish on the floor, broken railings on the balcony - very dangerous if you have small children, the staff obviosuly have no interest in keeping the place clean, it's grubby, smelly and in need a a complete overall!! If you are looking for a hotel/pub in Buckingham try Villers which is a little more expensive but well worth it - it has a lovely cosy pub, excellent restaurant and deserves business where the White Hart certainly doesn't!

• Tips/Secrets — Go to Villiers!
  • Stayed December 2006
3 Thank ChunkyChicken

Travellers are raving about these Buckingham hotels

Devon, UK
Reviewed 22 October 2006

Bad weather and traffic forced me to stop in Buckingham for the night. The Villiers at £135 a night looked dramatically overpriced, the White Hart at £49 (without breakfast) looked, well, not generally my type of hotel (above a busy pub) but traditional coaching inns usually at least have decent rooms.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The room was bakingly hot, one window would not stay open on its own (new use for a kettle here), there was a feeble portable air conditioner. Carpet dirty, not just unhoovered but with stains on it. Television out of 1970s, no remote. Bathroom lino stained with tide marks. Soap dish in shower broken, leaving sharp edges exposed. Bed linen thin enough to read a book through. Everything in need of a "deep clean" as out local authority would put it. 11.30 and the music downstairs loud enough that the windows had to be closed and the heat tolerated.

Chose not to take breakfast there next day - if it was as grubby as the room it would have been inedible. Girl on reception heard my complaints and said nothing.

I travel around the UK wuite a bit. Sometimes you strike lucky, sometimes hotels are adequate - this one was simply bad. It reallty annoys me that the owners get away with such poor quality. For the same money elsewhere I have stayed in gorgeous hotels. Mill House Inns - shame on you, shame on you.

• Liked — There were no redeeming factors
  • Disliked — The room
  • Tips/Secrets — If you want good value, there is a Travelodge on the edge of town. Stay there instead
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank DLMD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckingham
Best Western Buckingham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Towcester
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brackley

Been to The White Hart? Share your experiences!