“Great...”

Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Buckingham
Price range: US$37 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Great...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Food always as it should be for this chain. Lovely building. Great service, staff always recognise us....often an offer on, which is good as I'm a single parent....
Really can't complain ..it's a Prezzo...the food is good honest food & the staff polite ....it does get busy & when not booked I have had to wait...but that's the same everywhere...
All in all...we love it for a family evening out, knowing all will find something to eat on the menu.

1 Thank SarahWH888

London, United Kingdom
“Very poor experience ... go elsewhere !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We pre booked a table , and were only able to get a table for approaching nine pm . However, when we got to the restaurant we were left waiting for some ten minutes by the door . We were not acknowledged by the members of staff rushing past and due to other people waiting to be seated could only stand by the door , in the way of people trying to leave . Eventually someone asked us re table , we said we had booked but were then advised there was a fifteen minute wait . There was no where to sit and wait , no bar , and no drinks were offered . I decided to go to the till and asked the same lady who had spoken to us re our table if we could have drinks while we waited . She took our order . I think she forgot about the drinks as they only came later after she had walked past to deal with something else . When she brought the drinks she suggested we stand by the 'bar' which was actually a service hatch , we were completely in the way of staff collecting dessert , coffee drinks etc . Finally seated , we asked to order straight away . The olives came out with a long black hair sat in the cocktail sticks . Yuk ! We ordered a VIP pizza normal size . The waiter brought us a larger one to share which was not what we had ordered . When we got the bill I was intrigued to see if we had been charged for our initial drinks ... we were ! No service standard here of making up for poor service with a complimentary drink then ! I discussed this with the waiter who asked a manager to come and discuss with us . One redeeming feature of our visit was that the manager literally halved the bill and took our payment at the table . We realised that other people were queing at the service hatch to pay !!( If you are spending over twenty pounds a head the very least you would expect is to pay the bill at the table ?? .) The food was pretty standard , I don't remember any flavour on the pizza and the base was soggy . Rather than having our bill halved I would much preferred to pay full price and had a good experience .we will not be returning . When I got home I read some more reviews which relayed very similar experience to ours so I wished I had researched a bit more before booking . Two reviews were very concerning as they mentioned rats in the main restaurant ! Wish I had read them before eating there as feel a bit sick at the thought now !!

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“dont judge a book by its cover!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

This Prezzo looks good from the outside. It was busy and there is an outside patio which makes the place look attractive. And so we got shown to the table. The waitress took our order for drinks and then food. The drinks took ages to come. The food wasnt worth the wait. My partner had a pizza and I had a fish main course. The food was crap. We have a Prezzo close to us in Glasgow and its really quite good so I was extemely disappointed in this one in quite a nice suburb. Also I was drinking gin n Tonic and they didnt give you the bottle separate. I felt that it was getting run like a typical franchise with no extras. You know I mean like it was 'run on the cheap'. Someone should have a talk with the gentlemen who owns it and tell him straight. Food Crap, Service even worse!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Gorgeous1x
london
“Good at what it does”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Pop in to this restaurant quite regularly during the day or evening. There is a nice outside terrace and the front of the restaurant has a good ambience.

The main courses we eat - pizza, pasta, salad risotto - are fresh cooked (you can see the chefs at work) and are good. Starters and desserts pretty standard and not cheap. They are relaxed about children of all ages, which is a plus for me.

Well worth using for a relaxed bite to eat, with friends, family or just by yourself. A bit of 'menu management' keeps the cost reasonable and there is a fixed lunch menu.

As for the staff - generally OK in my experience, especially as they work long shifts. If you want them to see any tip, leave cash and do NOT add to the bill.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

The buckingham prezzo was one of my favourite restaurants in the Buckingham area. But after a shambles paying the bill which involved a public argument with a worker it is now my least favourite restaurant in buckingham.

1 Thank Sing07v