“A great find”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
london
“A great find”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed here twice now, once on business and once with the family. On both occasions this hotel has been fantastic. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast and decent menu choices, great garden to enjoy in the summer. You can walk to the village in 10-15 minutes.

Room Tip: The suites are great, try and book in the new part
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear youngmumof2,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am delighted we've managed to surpass your expectations.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I will pass your feedback onto them and I am sure they will be as delighted as I am.

I am pleased you liked our breakfast and menu choices. We've recently made changes to our food and beverage offering after taking onboard our guests' comments. I am happy that these have been positively accepted.

Our garden is very beautiful indeed, especially during a warm summer day where guests can enjoy a refreshing drink on our patio.

I hope we welcome you back to The Bull soon for another great stay.

Karl Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We recently held our joint 50th birthday party for 125 people and are very happy to recommend the hotel to everyone. We held an informal party in the Bullstrode Suite with a curry, bar and disco all organised by the Events Dept in the hotel. The staff were more than helpful, experienced, polite and a pleasure to deal with. On the night itself lots of guests stayed overnight and were very happy with the service, standard of accommodation, excellent breakfast and a very positive experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SKF1310,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about The Bull Hotel and for giving us a perfect score.

I am delighted you had such a good party at our hotel and 'Happy Birthday' to both of you.
I am really proud of our team for providing very good service and creating an excellent experience for you and your party. I will share your positive comments with them; I am sure they will be as delighted as I am.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to The Bull soon and celebrating even more special occasions with you.

london
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I love this little hotel - all the new rooms have been updated and are of a very good standard indeed. Great decor and furnishings. The older non refurbished rooms are not in a good way so i would make sure you request a new room on arrival. Breakfast is great and staff are lovely.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear xxlauren3xx,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay at The Bull Hotel.

I am delighted you were happy with our new rooms; we have tried to keep a bit of the olde world charm but added modern amenities. We are currently working on upgrading the remaining older rooms to match the high standards of the newer ones.

I am also very happy you enjoyed your breakfast. After taking recent customer feedback into account, we have made changes in our breakfast offering; I am pleased it exceeded your expectations.

I have also shared your feedback with our staff, who thank you for your great review. We are always working towards improving our customer service, and it's a delight to receive positive feedback from our guests.

I do hope we welcome you back to our hotel soon for another great stay.

London
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, booked via secret escapes so got quite a good deal. We ate in the main restaurant the first night and the food was just average, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again if I'm honest. The bed sunk in the middle and so we didn't get a very good nights sleep on the first night, but after we told them they did fix it for the 2nd night.

We went for a drink in the front bar on the Saturday afternoon and to say the girl working behind the bar was "disinterested" would be an understatement, if you get a cheap deal then it's not a bad place to stay but eat in "The three oaks" pub instead, that was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear paulelvisjones,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you feel you got a good deal through Secret Escapes.

I am happy our team dealt promptly with your mattress request. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. After taking our customers' requests into consideration we have replaced some of our old mattresses with new firm ones.

I am very sorry you were disappointed with your restaurant meal. We have recently worked closely with our new Head Chef to improve our restaurant menu by adding new dishes. Our Head Chef extends his apologies your meal wasn't to your satisfaction.

I have also shared your feedback with our bar staff. We take customer care very seriously and always strive to improve our customer service standards. We have introduced extra training courses for our front of house and food & beverage teams.

I do hope you will consider returning to our hotel in the future and experience the improvements we have been making.

Aylesbury, UK
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Came to the Bull for a family and friends gathering and it struck me how busy the hotel is. There was a medical conference, a business conference and numerous business men and family groups all over the place having meetings, meals, drinks and chats. The place is in pretty good condition, but the olde world feeling that was around a few years ago has been pretty well swept away by the modernisation and expansion. The service was great, the food good and the occasion memorable, but I wouldn't go there for a quiet get away; for a business meeting, for large groups and maybe a weekend meal, it's probably ideal, but for old fashioned country quietness, try somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MaxHS,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for giving us an excellent score on service. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we always work on improving this area.

I am pleased you had a good stay overall, even though the hotel was busier than expected. The weekend you stayed with us was indeed busy, but our team did its best to cater for all your guests with the hotel.

Our hotel has seen a few improvements the last few years after taking our customer feedback into account. I am sorry you felt it has lost its olde world feeling. We have tried to keep our traditional charm whilst enhancing it with more modern elements to accommodate the demands of today's travellers.

I do hope you visit our hotel again soon and experience the more traditional areas of our hotel, such as our Jack Shrimpton Bar that offers local ales.

Morgan Hill, California, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Booked here paying above our company rate - hotel refused to allow a 4 night stay to be reduced to 3 nights.
Room was below average for the price and service was slow. I had to go find a member of staff to serve me at the bar at 6.30pm. (bar man did eventually return) and had to wait around at breakfast to be seated.
Hotel staff seemed indifferent to guests - maybe they get too much of our corporate business to care. (The exception was the young bar man in the older bar)
In the bedroom, both the robes were small and the air con unit was very noisy. I switched it off to sleep but it seemed to have some auto restart thing so it kept turning back on.
WiFi was a bit hit and miss in my room, but then sadly that is true of many hotels.
I'll be back in the area but not coming back here so looking for suggestions?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GM-from-the-USA
Dear GM-from-the-USA,

Thank you for your time to share your valuable review.

I have investigated with our reservations team and the rates you were charged were the correct rates at the time.
I am sorry you found the service slow at the bar and breakfast. We have recently recruited new members in the Food & Beverage team, in an effort to improve our service levels.

I have also spoken to the Head Housekeeper and we have agreed to get a number of larger size robes, which will be available upon request.

I understand your frustration with the free WiFi in your room. This is a new service that we have introduced and we are looking at ways to improve it.

I would like to reassure you that we take all guest feedback on board and I do hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in town.

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here on business for a night in September.

Like most British 4 star country hotels, you felt it needed a little bit of work.

There was nothing really wrong, but a chain like hotel du vin would be a more upmarket experience for similar money.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wg284
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Wg284,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay.

In the ever changing market of hospitality, we value your feedback and strive to provide and comfortable welcoming atmosphere for our guests.

We always take customer feedback into consideration and have an ongoing programme of upgrade and redecoration throughout the hotel.

I hope you will return to experience the improvements we have been making.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!