“Good but needs updating”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
England
“Good but needs updating”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed for one night and generally this is a good hotel.
Check in was slowly with a line building up, maybe avoid the 6pm check in as the line had gone by 7pm.
My room was quite some distance away from Reception, quite a few corridors, turns, doors etc to negotiate before I found it and this was a ground floor room! So I would advise anyone with distance difficulties to inform the hotel way before you arrive.
The rooms are large and comfortable but do need updating. The bed was enormous, seemed like two doubles pushed together. Be aware that the TV has a large blue LED in the front of it and at night when it's switched off this shines like a torch at you, so bring something you can put in front of it!
The Restuarant was good, service was good. Breakfast the following day was the normal Self service buffet.
All the staff were friendly and professional.
Car parking can be either right at the front or at the back of the hotel. Most people aim for the front as you want to be close to reception but I would advise you to check in without your bags until you know where you are as you might wish to park at the back as most rooms are in that direction.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear TwitterEngland,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you found your check in to be slow. We do always try our best to ensure that all guests are checked in as efficiently as possible, especially during peak hours. It is unfortunate when a large group does arrive at the same time that there might be a slight delay and I am sorry that this might have caused some frustration for you. Our hotel does offer a variety of room types and should you book or request a room closer to reception, we will always try our best to accommodate such request.

You will be pleased to know that we are currently undergoing refurbishment works in some of our Superior bedrooms. I do hope that on your next visit you will be able to experience the updated décor and amenities.

I am pleased that you found our complimentary parking convenient. Thank you for your kind words with regard to our staff members, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Karl Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Bull is a great hotel mixing old and new styles of decor well to create a nice relaxed up slightly more upscale experience.

The bar food is quite acceptable and the restaurant equally so. I always stay here over all other hotels in the area.

A great choice for anyone. Good value and the beer is good too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear TurkishYeti

Thank you for your recent review of the Bull Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you are a frequent traveller to our hotel. The Bull does indeed have a special charm to it. With the combination of the old historic building and modern comforts, guests do get to experience the best of both.

I appreciate your continued support and recommending our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Caergwrle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok for the purpose of bedding down following a function in one of the (it appears) numerous function rooms. The wing we stayed in (low 200s) was tired, marked and chipped here and there, and adequate but no more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
DearMikeD1948,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms, particularly in the wing you were staying.

I do hope that on your next visit you will be pleased with the improvements we have made.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We came for one night's stay and stayed in a Superior room. The room was very comfortable, clean and well equipped and we had a good night's sleep as it was so quiet. Breakfast was excellent, even though there weren't really enough guests to have the full buffet open, they were taking orders for anything you wanted.
The hotel is really very extensive - you can end up walking for ages to get to your room, until you work out the short cuts! But it means it has space for a nice cosy pub-style bar as well as a spacious airy conservatory bar.
The staff were wonderful - all extremely friendly and willing to help you out if they possibly could. We've already booked to go back and we only live just down the road!

Room Tip: Some rooms face straight across a courtyard into other rooms' windows - ask for one that isn'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snooky64
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Snooky64,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Bull Hotel. I am glad that you found our Superior room very comfortable. A majority of our Superior rooms are to the back of the hotel which offer a peaceful nights rest. Some do have views of our well-maintained English garden and woodland area.

Thank you for mentioning how wonderful our staff were, I will surely pass on your feedback to them.

As a local to our area, I do hope you will take advantage of our Sunday Jazz Carvery. It includes rib on the bone and turkey crown, marinated with the freshest herbs from our very own herb garden. It’s guaranteed to tickle the most demanding palate. Come along with family and friends and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, good food and some excellent wine.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nice bar, restaurant and most hotel rooms are good (though ageing...). Service in the bar and restaurant of good level.
Have stayed here more often (and will do) and in the summer the opportunity to sit and drink/eat outside, weather permitting...
England at its best if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear JJU46,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you will be one of our more frequent travellers!

I am particularly pleased that you found the service in the bar and restaurant of good level. We do offer a delightful Afternoon Tea, with a selection of freshly baked scones, sandwiches and scrumptious cakes in the Conservatory lounge daily with lovely views of our picturesque English garden.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Well we arrived early afternoon on Christmas Eve staying three nights and including The Christmas Day Restaurant lunch in the Beeches.From the moment we set foot in reception the service started and our luggage including my portable hoist were swiftly despatched to our suite on level one where Duty Manager Chris gave us a tour of the room specifying the evacuation system for me in a wheelchair. A light meal in the Beeches before retiring to await Santa's voyage across Bucks. Arising late and missing breakfast meant a larger than usual space to fill with my lunch, this started with a large congregation in the Bar when the Champagne and canapés were amply served, and still the people arrived to join the happy throng. We arrived in the Beeches and were ushered to our table where we were treated to a meal that I can only describe as "How Mother would have made it" we continued for well more than a couple of hours from soup starter on to coffee and petit fours, each course as perfect as the one before. I can add no more, I feel a nap circling,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank roger10817
Dear roger10817,

Thank you for your superb review of the Bull Hotel. I am overjoyed to hear that your stay was indeed memorable from your day of arrival and that we were able to make you feel as comfortable as can be in your beautiful suite.

We have received positive feedback with regard to our Christmas lunch and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. I will surely pass on your comments to our Chef and his team.

I do hope that we will be expecting a visit from you again in the near future. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to join us for our Sunday Carvery Jazz Lunch!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Decided at the last minute to stay over when celebrating a friends' son's wedding. Efficient booking, nice room, good breakfast. The buffet for the wedding evening reception was wonderful. Only downside is that some of the rooms are rather a trek to get too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sprogsitter,

Thank for your recent feedback on the Bull Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay while attending a wedding celebration hosted at the hotel.

I am particularly pleased to hear that you found our reservations department efficient whilst booking with us. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team.

I am sorry to hear that you found the rooms to be far away. We do have other room types closer to reception. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you visit us again, so that we can assist with your bedroom selection and find something more to your liking.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
#1 of 1 in Denham
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!