“So much potential” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Northampton, United Kingdom
“So much potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Considering the high price you pay for a room here, it's disappointing how small the rooms are. £120 paid for one night with breakfast, and the Etap budget down the road for £32 has rooms that are bigger! Bed was very comfortable and the decor average, but quite dated. I know this hotel are renovating so look forward to seeing the new rooms. It's a shame that despite was I paid, I didn't get to see one of them. Just waiting for breakfast which is late, hopefully it will arrive! An expensive stay, but certainly a comfortable one.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stuart D
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Stuart D

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable. As you had mentioned, we are currently investing in our bedrooms and I do hope that on your next visit you will be able to enjoy one of our newly refurbished bedrooms. Our hotel does offer a variety of different room types, so please do contact our reservations team to ensure that we have the best room available to your needs.

I am aware that there were certain challenges with regard to your breakfast service on the day of departure, I have personally tried to get in touch with yourself to discuss the matter further in order for me to restore your faith in our hotel.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kalr Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Well where to start - the staff were friendly, cheerful, chatty and helpful - the restaurant staff were excellent - the housekeeping team were all polite and cheerful - the evening meal was amazing - wine was nice little over priced but that's what you expect - breakfast was lovely and there was loads to choose from - no one would leave hungry. The room was nice, large for a family of three - everything was spotless and clean - this htel has a really nice friendly feel - I would recommend if you are looking at this hotel you will not be disappointed

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear burgwin49

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel and your perfect score! I am so happy to hear that all of our staff members in the various departments were excellent.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast selection and the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. I will surely pass your comments to all staff members - thank you. We have a wonderful team at the Bull Hotel and I am glad you found the atmosphere to be friendly.

I do hope that on your next visit you will join us for an afternoon Sunday Jazz lunch in Beeches Restaurant or enjoy a refreshing cocktail on our patio overlooking the lovely gardens.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the FA Cup Semi Final. Got to the hotel, reception staff seemed very disinterested. We were asked to fill out our checking in forms, and when we handed them back, the lady on reception decided now would be a perfect time to answer the phone.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure this hotel makes a bomb on their weddings/business functions, and as a lowly Bedroom only customer I know I am bottom of the 'food chain' in here, but a little bit of personal service doesn't go amiss. I paid what I consider to be a lot for this room. Some chain hotels I have stayed in have been dingy and a bit dirty, but the staff at least care.
Our rooms weren't ready on check in, the staff didn't know when they would be. Checkout is at 11, yet at 3pm you don't have rooms ready? Maybe employ more cleaning staff? Maybe communicate this better?
The location is amazing if you're visiting Wembley, the surrounding area is great. The hotel however (unless you're a top paying business type I assume), is just plain average. Save a bit of money and find a Travel Lodge!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank stoofdawg
Dear stoofdawg

Thank you for your recent review. I am rather surprised that you had found our reception staff to be disinterested as we generally receive excellent comments with regard to their friendliness and efficiency. I apologise that on this occasion that the expectation was not met.

I am sorry that your room was not ready at the expected time of arrival. We do really try our utmost when we do have a large turnaround of bedrooms to have them all ready at check-in time.

I can assure you we do not clasify any of our guests to be at the bottom on the food chain as we do value all of our guests equally. I do hope that you would give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me in order for us to discuss the matter further.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here in May 2011 for a family wedding. The wedding reception was held here. Lovely hotel with a lovely garden in the back, with out own private area off the function suite. The rooms were great and reasonably priced. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice. The drinks were way overpriced though. £4.75 for a half of cider and black!!! For a wedding venue it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear steph m

Thank you for taking the time to review The Bull Hotel. I am so very pleased to hear that your stay was indeed enjoyable and very memorable.

I must agree with you that the gardens are really lovely and especially at this time of year. I do hope that you will join us for a scrumptious afternoon tea whilst in the area!

The hotel is well known for hosting beautiful and memorable weddings. I am delighted that it was enjoyed by yourself and your family. I am sorry to hear that you had found the drinks to be rather pricey, I can assure you our bar prices are competitive in relation to our neighbouring hotels.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reigate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over two nights with work and was very impressed with the ambience and staff professionalism. There is ample parking, a choice of typical English pub and more modern hotel bar and tasty wide selection at breakfast. There is no gym but apart from that it ticked all the boxes. No sky sports in the room either - only available in the pub (the staff wouldn't put football on in the bar area even on silent when the pub was full) - fortunately they do have 4G coverage for EE so this wasn't a fatal flaw.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sean B,

Thank you for your recent review of the Bull Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the staff professionalism and the ambience of the hotel. Our hotel certainly has a sense of old world charm with a contemporary feel.

Our Jack Shrimpton Bar is ideal to enjoy a pint of Real Ale and catch up on the latest football match. We do unfortunately not broadcast any sports matches in our Conservatory Lounge ,but hopefully on your next stay you will be able to enjoy the match in the Jack Shrimpton.

Should you wish to make use of gym facilities, we do have an affiliation with Nuffield Wellness Centre which is a mere 10 minute drive. Guests are able to purchase daily passes at reception.

Thank for mentioning our Wifi coverage, all hotel guests have complimentary use of our wireless throughout the hotel, I am pleased that you found it useful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times now, and generally it is good, but is very overpriced, but you are paying for the location here.
The rooms are good, and the breakfast is generally good.
The staff are very friendly, but when you are paying nearly £5 a pint in the bar you if expect the correct glass to be used, San Miquel in the San Miquel one! It does make a difference! Room service was very slow so I got the food for free which was nice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Mattzzzz 76, Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you stay with us on a regular basis. Guests generally comment on how friendly our staff are and I am delighted you had the same experience.

Our rates are competitive and we do regularly offer some great accommodation packages. You are welcome to view these on our website or to contact the hotel directly.

I am sorry for the delay in receiving your room service, we do try our utmost to have all orders delivered in a timeously manner, it is unfortunate that on this occasion we did not. I am pleased that we were able to make things right.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kelvedon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

A one night stop over to celebrate a friends' 60th birthday. Very attentive staff who worked hard to ensure we had an enjoyable experience. Excellent meal, delicious food. However, although the 'Superior' room was very clean, it was looking a little 'tired' and in need of some freshening up. Our particular room was about as far away from Reception as it could possibly have been and we were disturbed all night by a recurrent noise resembling that of a generator. We were also woken early by the housekeeping team as our room was located between their two cupboards! The tea bags provided were mainly herbal so my husband had to ring down for some regular ones. So,not the best nights' sleep, but then we did only pay a discounted rate of £95's as part of the party booking. Breakfast was excellent with a varied selection to please every palette, but overall quite disappointing on the room front.

Room Tip: Pay for the better rated rooms for more pleasant view and cheerier room