“One of the best in that area”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
“One of the best in that area”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's a business hotel but often used from small groups for a tea or family celebration. The room vary in style and size so ask for a large one. The food at breakfast is ok, variety is acceptable. The service is adequate and the overall experience is better than other places in the same area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Brama69

Thank you for your recent review of the Bull Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a good overall experience at the hotel. We do offer a variety of different room types at the hotel and our reservation team will gladly advise which is best suited to your needs.

We have a lovely afternoon tea offering in the Conservatory Lounge, which I can recommend is best served outside on the patio overlooking our beautiful gardens.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Karl Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Bull Hotel so we could visit Legoland with our kids. Firstly I have to start with a negative, the evening meal was appalling and massively over priced we had pizza and chicken korma which was so spicy we couldn't eat it. However I have to say the staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble we asked for more pillows, milk, teabags the list was endless but they arrived at our door within 5 minutes of asking. The breakfast was excellent, the waiting staff friendly and efficient and again nothing was too much trouble even the lady who cleaned our room did a fantastic job of making sure the kids cuddly toys were given pride of place on their beds. All in all a wonderful hotel and staff that run it. We will be returning

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Stephen E

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay at the Bull Hotel and perfect score! I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the meal that was served during your stay. We are currently reviewing our menu options as we want to ensure that we offer a great product. I am glad that the issues experienced with the food did not reflect your view of the hotel and its staff members.

I am so delighted that you found the staff to be brilliant and that we were able to grant all your requests. I will surely pass your positive feedback to the restaurant team as well as to the housekeeper that serviced your room.

I do look forward to your return to us in the near future (including the cuddly toys!).

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Bull Hotel is easy to locate and within walking distance to some lovely bars and restaurants in the main street of Gerrards Cross. However, in the winter it is a walk across a common that is poorly lit and a little un-nerving for a female lone traveler.

The hotel welcome is professional and polite. I stayed in a variety of rooms and experienced some real comfort and some real discomfort over a n umber of weeks; some of the rooms have old fashioned radiators that the controls do not work and the rooms remain hot, whereas other rooms have been refurbished and are basically ok.

I would only recommend a room that is beyond the basic double room if you want a good nights sleep in a room you can actually open the wardrobe door without having to move a table and chair to do so.

The food is average and not too expensive considering you are only 20 minutes by train to London.

This is a hotel to stay for one or two nights on business, anything more and it becomes irritating at the lack of quality of sleep, small rooms and noise levels (in basic rooms).

Would I return? No.

Room Tip: Pay more and ask for an Executive room away from the main road - room 110 and 112 are good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Emily M

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be professional and polite. We do have a variety of room types within the hotel which do attend to the different needs of each traveller. We have recently completed our refurbishment of some of our bedrooms and I do hope that all guests will enjoy the changes that have been made.

We are curretly looking into changing our menu offering. At present Beeches Restaurant, The Conservatory Lounge and the Jack Shrimpton Bar do offer a variety of dishes to please different palates.

I am sorry to hear that you would not want to return to the hotel. I do hope with all the current changes that have been made that you would reconsider and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you wish to discuss your concerns.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hotel spoiled by dusty rooms and terrible food, when it was available. The standard of service in the restaurant and the quality of the food was very poor, under cooked veg, and under cooked pork in particular, which along with the rest of the meat on the cavalry, they ran out of, and seemed at a loss as to how to solve the problem. We were on a coach tour booked well in advance and they were well aware of the numbers involved. Total incompetence, non of our party were satisfied with what portends to be a four star hotel.

Dear Diane6427

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the isses experienced during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the food served particularly on one of the evenings was not up to our normal standard. I can assure you we generally receive very good comments with regard to our staff and our food. We had experienced some challenges that evening and I am sorry that this had an impact on your dining experience.

I do hope that you will return to us and allow us the opportuntiy to restore your faith in our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to get into contact with me directly should you wish to discuss your concerns further.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for a friends wedding, and the wedding itself was fantastic. The organisation seemed fantastic and the food was delicious. They had a brilliant day, very friendly staff and I think it seemed a great place to get married. The hotel itself is lovely inside, and the bedrooms are gorgeous.

The only downside for us was that our room on the 2nd floor was really hot, even with the AC on at 19, I found it too hot to sleep well. Also, the pillows were not the best, so I would advise bringing one of your own if you're a fussy sleeper. Having said that, my friends didn't seem to have the same issues we did in our room, so it doesn't seem to be a hotel-wide problem.

All in all, a lovely place for a wedding!

Dear GSIzzea

Thank you for your recent review of The Bull Hotel. I am happy to hear that you had enjoyed the wedding hosted at the hotel. Thank you for for your praise with regard to the organization and the food that was served at your friends wedding. I will surely pass your positive feedback to our meetings and events coordinators and our kitchen brigade. I will agree with you, the Bull Hotel is a great place to get married!

I apologise for the challenges you had experienced with regard to the AC and the pillows in the bedroom. I have asked our maintenance team to check all the AC systems. We do offer additional pillows in the bedroom wardrobe and will gladly exchange any pillows to suit your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed here a number of times, most recently last weekend, as we have family in Denham. We like the hotel because it is clean, comfortable, the staff are brilliant and it has a nice atmosphere.
When we arrived our room was at the front and a wedding was in progress so we asked to change. We were shown two other rooms by Julian and opted for a room at the back where it was quiet.This was done with no fuss. Danke, the reception manager, was friendly and efficient.
It isn't the cheapest but for a similar room in London you would pay much more. The conservatory area is a pleasant place to sit and the garden was a bonus in the heat of last weekend.
The buffet breakfast has always been good.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back if a function is in progress.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Maureen M

Thank you for your recent review of The Bull Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you are a return guest to the Bull. I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay and that you found the staff to be brilliant. They are all a great asset to the hotel. I will let Danka and Julian know that they had a special mention from yourself!

We do host some lovely weddings at the hotel. Our reception team do always try and ensure that guests that are not part of the wedding party are not disturbed by any noise. I am glad that Julian was able to offer you another bedroom so that you would not be inconvenienced.

I do hope that you will be able to visit us very soon. The gardens are looking exceptionally beautiful - a great place to enjoy an afternoon tea on the patio!

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a hotel/conference centre, but we had our daughter's wedding here at the weekend and it was perfect. The reception room looked over a beautiful patio and garden which will look lovely in all weathers - important in photos. The pictures were all done in the garden, and this also provided a good spot for smokers and non smokers alike throughout the afternoon and evening.

I often have my doubts about food produced in quantity (we had 80 guests for the day) but this was excellent. I'd pay good money for the recipe for the gruyere tart (but I'd need the pastry making skills to match).

We stayed over and rooms were quiet (even though the hotel is on a main road) and comfortable. Breakfast was varied and plentiful.

Staff were excellent, helpful and very well organised. There honestly wasn't anything that I could have complained about. Thanks Lauren, Igor and team - you did a great job.

Room Tip: most of the rooms seem to be at the back which is good as they are quieter. If you have mobility iss...
1 Thank phil-b745
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear phil-b745,

Thank you for recent review of the Bull Hotel. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. I am delighted to hear that the day went so well and that Lauren and Igor were able to attend to your requests.

I am happy that you and all your guests enjoyed the food. I will see if chef will part with his Gruyere tart recipe, he is particulary secretive!

Thank you again for your kind comments, I am sure all staff members at the hotel will appreciate it.

I do hope you will visit us again soon and maybe indulge in a tart or two!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
#1 of 1 in Denham
The Crown Inn
The Crown Inn
#2 of 2 in Amersham

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!