“Disappointing second visit”
Review of Stoke Park Spa

Stoke Park Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Stoke Park Spa is situated in the Pavilion building which also houses 28 contemporary luxury bedrooms which are ideal for a spa day or retreat. The £20m Spa Pavilion offers a beautiful, modern fusion of energy and serenity facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool complete with hydro-seats, Italian marble steam rooms, deep relaxation room, a private atrium with stunning five metre tropical aquarium, nail bar and boutique.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had my first treatment at Stoke Park in 2007 or 2008 and it was so great that I thought I would treat myself on a dull November day.

I booked a Thalgo full body exfoliation on the day in November 2013. Reception was good and so were the changing rooms (though it would be good to have small sizes for the slippers and bathrobe).

My main disappointment was with the treatment. I felt that the therapist just was not on the ball. She was very polite and courteous but, throughout the treatment, it felt that she was rushing and just could not be bothered. At the end, she asked me to get dressed and vacate the room quickly (though she added just afterwards: "in your own time"?) because they needed the room for another customer. This did not feel exclusive at all.

It is a real shame as the therapy rooms are great and relaxing.

Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and secondly I must apologise for the experience you had, as this is not the level of service we deliver here at Stoke Park Spa. As here we pride ourselves on our exclusive treatments and our friendly and professional staff who are highly skilled.

I am looking in to this issue and I hope that you will return to our spa in the near future, so we can showcase you the full treatment , facilities and award winning service,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Positives
Lovely attentive staff, quality treatments, outdoor space with plenty of seating and loungers, spa only changing room with good quality fittings/showers/lockers, on the whole lunch was good quality.

Negatives
Pool was quite cold and felt more leisure centre than spa, no sauna, no jacuzzi (which I thought very odd for a spa) steam rooms are single sex which spoils it if you're a couple, atrium has very limited natural light so felt quite gloomy and not that welcoming, restaurant feels like a restaurant you would find in a leisure centre, only time I've had a tuna nicoise with tinned tuna.

Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you ever so much for your review, I am delighted with your positive comments you have mentioned. Especially those about our staff, as we pride ourselves on their happy and professional mannerisms which we believe contribute to overall guest satisfaction.
Although, I am slightly troubled by your comments listed in the final part of your review, I thank you for them as we always pleased to receive feedback from our guests. Here at Stoke Park we welcome all comments, as we see this as an excellent opportunity to grow and develop as they allow us to build upon and improve guest experiences. With regard to your comments about the pool, you are 100% right that it needs a refurbishment. This is planned to start on Monday 25th November and will include: new floor tiles, new pool edges, new grates, painting the whole pool hall and new LED lights. We are excited about what it will look like and hope that will come back in the near future to see it for yourself.

I sincerely hope this did not deflect from the overall spa experience and I hope to be welcoming you back soon to Stoke Park.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I visited the spa for a 'Summer Retreat' day with my daughter. We very much enjoyed the day on the whole - the treatments were great, although each one was a little late (one of the therapists said they don't allow enough time between clients and so they get a bit backed up by late afternoon), and the lunch was lovely and more substantial than we'd expected. All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. The only disappointment was the pool area. It's very much a pool that belongs to the health club, with the spa visitors tolerated as a bit of an afterthought - or that's the impression you get. The loungers are crammed into a couple of corners, with no space between them and no table to store magazines etc, and most of the time we were there it was very noisy because of the children's splash times in the morning and afternoon. The low point was after the end of the morning splash time when we thought we'd get a bit of peace and quiet...........only to find our ear drums assaulted by pounding music and an aqua aerobics class starting! The atrium and the relaxation rooms were a good alternative when we wanted somewhere to just chill out quietly, but all other spas I've been to have ensured that the pool area is also a quiet relaxing place to spend time.

2  Thank trev01bucks
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this review and I am delighted you enjoyed your overall experience at the spa and I sincerely apologise for the elements which were not to your liking. Here at Stoke Park we appreciate all feedback and comments, as this provides us with an excellent opportunity to utilise and improve our overall guest experience. Investigating in detail any issues that may have occurred and possible outcomes to correct them to ensure future guests expectations are surpassed.
Although we are a members club as well as a 5 Star Hotel, we try our up most to ensure there is a balance between spa guests and health members, and we have recently installed a new luxurious Spa Guest changing facility. I sincerely apologises, if you felt this was not the case on your particular visit and I hope that you will return so we are able to showcase the facilities further.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Wanda from the membership team showed me around this enchanting place. What struck me was how welcoming and courteous her and the rest of the staff were. Refreshing.

Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you very much for this great view, here at Stoke Park we pride ourselves on our staff as believe they are the key to showcasing our wonderful surroundings.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I visited the spa with my female cousin when my holiday plans fell through. Understandably I was feeling rather stressed and in need of a massage! As soon as you arrive via the sweeping driveway, past the movie-famous entrance and park next to the countless Bentleys, you know you're in the right place. You're taken to a little cafe for a drink whilst you complete your forms, then to the newly-refurbished changing rooms, with their dark wood, hairdresser's chairs and GHD dryers and straightening irons. Once robed you walk through to the atrium where you're greeted by huge, comfy sofas, fruits and herbal teas, a giant aquarium and other relaxed-looking spa goers. We chilled out in the uber-comfortable relaxation rooms before lounging by the pool.

We grinned at the little old ladies as they began their aquarobics session, then thought it would be fun to participate. It was TOUGH! I work out 3 times a week, but I felt knackered. Obv couldn't given in and admit defeat to some pensioners, but after the session we had a nice long rest on the loungers! After a fab lunch of salad and a delicious poached pear desert (part of the day-spa package) I had a massage and my cousin had a facial. She said it was the best she'd ever had, whilst I felt my massage could have been better - the therapist seemed quite young and inexperienced, and unable to maintain a firm pressure (although it could have been due to being the last client of the day).

The decor is fabulous and the package was great value, and had I had a more experienced masseuse, I may have given this 5*. But we definitely left feeling relaxed, and planning to return :)

Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you ever so much for your review of the Stoke Park Spa, I am glad you and your cousin had such a relaxing spa day, hopefully it went some way to compensating for your cancelled holiday! The impact-free Aqua sessions are designed to tone muscle without the usual accompanying strain on joints- I do hope that you choose to come back again for another session soon! Your light and healthy lunch in San Marco, our Italian brasserie, sounds delicious- especially the poached pear desert!

I am pleased to hear that your cousin’s facial was the best she has ever had, it is truly a great compliment. However I am sorry to hear about your massage, whilst all of our therapists are highly trained and fully qualified, I must apologise that yours was not to your liking on this occasion. I am delighted that you rate our facilities so highly, including our recently refurbished female changing rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stoke Park Spa very soon for another day of wonderful pampering and relaxation.

With very best wishes,