“Bond James Bond”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Bond James Bond”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Gourmet night with friends, both wine and food matched well, and were fantastic. Recommended! Stoke Park is an institution (so to speak) great venue and used in many Movies and TV productions, neo classical in style and attitude, well worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank esroom
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it. I am delighted you had a wonderful time with us at our gourmet night, and am very grateful for your kind recommendation,

I hope to welcome you back soon!

V Best wishes,

Giammario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Turkish first
Amersham
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I booked afternoon tea as a present for a friend and we duly arrived at the mansion. Young men greeted us and escorted us into the beautiful lounge, took coats and brought the menu. Then my mistake became apparent. I had not booked Stoke Park but Stoke Place for our tea. This did not present a problem to the charming staff. We were offered the chance to exit and go to the correct venue but it was what I had planned so we stayed and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, though the toasted teacake had seen better days. One young man even telephoned Stoke Place to tell them of my mistake. Wish that I could justify a stay with all the attention and kindness shown to us yesterday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SHHAmersham
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your lovely review, and thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I am thrilled you had a wonderful experience with us, and thank you so much for your very kind comments regarding our staff- it is always our aim to exceed expectations and to make everyone feel at home, and we were very glad to welcome you!

I very much hope to welcome you back soon and thank you so much for coming ( accidentally or not!),

Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Just back from a one night stay at this wonderful hotel. The location, spa complex and rooms are all fantastic. However, my main comment would be in relation to the staff who were just fantastic in every way. They made our stay just about perfect. I am sorry I did not get the names but the Hotel reception employees, dining staff (Especially in the Orangery on Sun pm and Mon breakfast), gym and spa employees throughout were just great. We hope to go back again to enjoy this wonderful hotel. Thanks to everyone who works there you are first class!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am absolutely delighted to read this wonderful review- thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. I am thrilled you had a fantastic stay with us, and in particular I am pleased greatly with your comments regarding our staff who are the most fundamental part of the guest experience- I will pass on all you comments to the team and I am very glad we exceeded your expectations and hope to welcome you back to Stoke Park soon!

Wokingham
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Me and my friend stayed here on the Sunday Decadence package which included a night, afternoon tea and breakfast.

Pros:
We arrived in the spa instead of the main hotel to check in but was offered a car service to collect us and drive us over which we used whenever we went to the spa area which was fantastic.

The room was great with a nice view of the golf course and a huge bed and roll top bath and so quite.

The afternoon tea was very nice, not the best I've had but a nice selection.

The dinning service for tea, dinner and breakfast was excellent with nothing being to much trouble.

A brass band playing Christmas tunes were based in the lobby and played when someone walked past which was a lovely festive touch.

Lovely porter who carried our bags up talked about the hotels history and pointed things out which was great and it's a shame I didn't get his name to publicly note his professionalism.

When we went back to our room later in the evening our bed had been turned down with a weather report for the next day! This was a real surprise and amazing touch!

Cons:
I had a treatment which was a very big treat and cost a whopping £90.00 but being christmas I thought I'd splash out and I could not have been more disappointed. I picked the facial specifically for the massage included but when I had the treatment the therapist was hardly touching my face and spent most of the time mixing things and didn't massage at all. When I addressed this at the end she asked who told me the treatment included a massage....it states in the brochure which I was surprised she didn't know. I spoke to reception about this as this was not a £90.00 treatment and I was very kindly offered a complimentary massage to make up for it and told the lady in question was a freelancer. Izzy performed my massage which was great and really did make up for it but I feel training needs to be addressed and consistent for all staff when charging that much money.

Food prices were a lot for what you got but was tasty.

Upon check in you have to put £100 per person on hold on your card along with the price of your stay which is understandable but when we checked out we wanted to pay cash but the receptionist said that the payment will still be held until it gets cancelled and may not be available to me for up to 5 days!! As you can imagine I wasn't happy about this as that was never mentioned upon check in. This should be mentioned prior to arrival let alone check out.

Even though theres a select time for it kids in the pool was not relaxing. I understand it's a members club but does take away the luxury aspect.

We couldn't find the mini bar even though it stated the milk was in it!

Overall we had a great stay and would go back but will need extra money and wouldn't have a treatment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zojgo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and I am absolutely delighted that overall you had a wonderful stay with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed your room, dinner and afternoon tea and it pleases me greatly to hear your lovely comments regarding our staff- it is always our aim to exceed guest expectations.

With regard to your comments regarding our food prices, I would like to assure you that we do regular reviews of our pricing and are always competitive with our competitor set.

I have noted your comment regarding your spa treatment- the treatment that you chose does include a face, neck and shoulder massage, but not a back massage and I understand this was explained at the time, and that the therapist did then offer and gave a full back massage which you were pleased with. Please accept my sincerest apologies if you felt the therapist had not communicated properly at the time.

I do hope the next time you come back you will try a treatment again and we can dispel any negative thoughts you had about your spa treatment,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We chose Stoke Park for a Christmas treat and it certainly was that. We stayed in the Mansion in a standard room which was lovely, most comfortable bed and wonderful views across the golf course.

The staff were exceptional and service very professional without making it feel stuffy.

Dinner in San Marco was okay, not much atmosphere but it was very quiet. Humphry's was a different league, beautiful food, great service, a meal to remember.

We'll definitely be returning!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for this great review of your stay here with us, I am delighted with your review, especially your comments regarding our staff and Humphry’s, our 3 AA Rosette fine dining restaurant – it is always pleasant to read such positive comments.

I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us- it is always our aim to exceed guest expectations.

We all hope you had a lovely Christmas and great New Year’s, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here with a large group when we arranged to take tables at their Christmas Gatsby Ball. We had a nice suite in the main part of the hotel. The room was large and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. Some of party had rooms in the new wing and they said they were modern, well appointed and clean.

A complaint from pretty much the entire group was that the rooms were all far too warm - which we all thought was odd as old houses are usually hard to heat!

Our room had another directly above it. We think there must have been an elephant upstairs the first night as they were walking heavily enough to make both crystal chandeliers in our room shake! The second night was much better though - not a sound.

Our party ate at the restaurant in the spa the first night and then at the Ball the second. The food was good each time. Breakfast was also very good.

Some in the party used the spa and said the facilities there were also excellent.

The parking is valet but many in our party opted to park their own cars which the valet was fine with.

We visited Mercedes World and the Brooklands Museum during our weekend away, both were within easy driving distance.

A few of our group have commented that they liked they will come here again for a weekend away later in the year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucys_Mum100
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a lovely great review of yours and your party’s stay here with us, it is always a pleasure to read through our guest comments. Here at Stoke Park we take great pride in not only our staff, service, facilities and appearance but also in our ability to ensure our guests have positive, lasting memories which leave them wanting to return.

Thank you also for your comment re the heat of the rooms- we do have thermostats in the rooms, which had we known a member of the team would've been delighted to adjust for you and your guests - please accept my sincerest apologies for any discomfort caused.

Thank you once again for your great comments, we all hope you had a lovely Christmas and a great New Year celebrations.

We look forward to welcoming you and your party back very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing weekend in an elegant hotel with excellent service then look no further.

The staff are friendly and attentive and the spa comfortable and relaxing. The Italian restaurant is happy to cater for people with allergies and the food is fab.

The room we stayed in (in the Mansion) was a comfortable and well appointed space that we found relaxing to spend time in and the same can be said for the rest of the hotel.

Our trip was to celebrate our anniversary and it was a perfect weekend from the moment we arrived.

This place is a treat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz_mcn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review of your stay here with us for your anniversary, myself and all the team are delighted that you had a truly memorable stay here with us. I must thank you for you for your lovely comments regarding your stay, it is great to read and feedback these comments to our team.

We wish you a very happy new year and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Poges
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!