“What an English retreat”

and 1 more site!
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had the pleasure of attending a business week here, what a place, it does everything you want giving the choice of traditional in the original building to new and contemporary in the new spa wing. The Spa itself is magnificent, food amazing and service up there with the very best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am absolutely delighted you had a wonderful stay with us, and thank you so much for your very kind words. It is always our aim to exceed guest expectations, and I am thrilled you found our staff, food and spa to be amazing, and that you liked the contrast with the traditional and contemporary- the two types of accommodation provides something to suit all tastes,

I very much hope to welcome you back soon!

V Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The bedrooms are beautifully decorated very comfortable and have all the amenities you would expect for a luxury hotel incorporating great ambiance throughout.
The team of staff could not be more attentive,polite and show anymore attention to detail.
Humphry's Fine Dining Restaurant has food at it's very best carefully and attractively created by head chef Chris Wheeler to which hopefully a Michelin star will be soon awarded for such perfection!
We have enjoyed several meals and the attention to detail on the plate combined with the fantastic flavors create an all inspiring occasion whether it is for Lunch or for Dinner.
We have decided to make this the venue for both my mother in laws famous birthday in March and my daughters forthcoming wedding in May everyone is so excited by both the food and the attractive venue.
For lighter food but equally fantastic in taste and quality try the Orangery within the hotel.
Stoke Park will never disappoint for any occasion it is one place you must visit do make the effort.
I hope you enjoy as much as we do on every visit.
The hotel is a total credit to the efforts of the general manager.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick C

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your wonderful review of your stay with us, and thank you so very much for taking the time to write it and for your truly lovely comments which I will pass to all the team,

The guest experience and customer service at Stoke Park are our highest priority, and it pleases me hugely to read your comments regarding our staff.

We would love so much for Humphry’s and Chris and his team to be awarded a Michelin star- this is something we are striving for!

Thank you so much for choosing us for your mother in law’s famous birthday and for your daughter’s forthcoming wedding- we really look forward to welcoming you all for these truly special occasions!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and I am thrilled you had an amazing stay with us!

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed in a deluxe twin room with terrace, for one night, dinner bed and breakfast and Spa treatment with my friend. We arrived early and had lunch in the Orangery. The service throughout our stay was impeccable and special thanks to Judd for looking after us so well! Chris Wheeler, head chef at Humphry's; the tournedos of beef is to die for! I can't recommend this luxury retreat highly enough; it's a very special place and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Britbird21

Dear Guest,

I am absolutely thrilled you read your wonderful review of your stay with us- thank you so very much for taking the time to write it, and for your lovely comments,

I am delighted you had a fabulous experience in Humphry's and for your fantastic comments about our staff- customer service is our highest priority and I will pass on your comments to Judd, Chris and all the team,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had a night away as a gift from work including dinner and breakfast. Service from the start was fantastic. Julie and Alfonso were very welcoming upon arrival, luggage and car quickly taken away and then escorted to the room. The room was very clean and spacious, fruit basket and chocolates a nice touch. Bathroom was huge in the Lancelot room. Met Nikoletta twice, once for lunch and then the next day at breakfast, one of the most professional hosts ive ever met, very friendly person. Only let down is the spa, would have expected a sauna, and hydro pool, maybe I missed them? Overall a great place and looking forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: If you appreciate a good bathroom, stay in the Mansion
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RichPrice999

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at Stoke Park, particularly your lovely comments regarding the staff- I will make sure I pass these on to Julie, Alfonso, Nikolett, and to the team. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I am delighted you found our service to be fantastic!

We do indeed have Italian marble steam rooms and hydro jets in the pool, so hope the next time you visit, you will be able to enjoy these,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I took my partner here to celebrate a milestone birthday. We booked a dinner bed and breakfast rate in the fine dining resturant.

We booked to stay in the new annexe and when we arrived (early) our room wasn't quite ready so we had a some brunch which was delicious. The receptionist telephoned me shortly afterwards to say our room was ready. we were upgraded to a suite which was lovely.

We booked a lesson with their tennis professional with was great, it was an hour lesson that we both had lots of fun and came away with soem tips to improve our game.

Wehen we got back to our room to bath for dinner the water was running cold. I called down to reception and they apologied, fixed the problem within 30 minutes and brought us up a complementary drink whilst we waited.

Dinner in Humphreys was awesome, the food delicious with enough choice, the service was excellent. Their Snickers desert is a must! We took coffe in the lounge and they brought the lovely petit fours to use with a birthday candle for my partner.

This was a fantastic stay the service and staff and A1, they think about everything and nothing is too much trouble, we will definatly be going back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClareBels

Dear Guest,

I am absolutely delighted to read your lovely review of your stay at Stoke Park! I am thrilled you and your partner had a wonderful stay and birthday celebration, and thank you so much for your very kind comments, in particular about our staff. We always aim to exceed guest expectations, and I am very glad you enjoyed your tennis lesson and dinner in Humphry's - we have a new Chocolate box on the menu, so hope the next time you return you will be able to enjoy that!

I really hope to welcome you back soon and thank you so much for taking the time to write this,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Gourmet night with friends, both wine and food matched well, and were fantastic. Recommended! Stoke Park is an institution (so to speak) great venue and used in many Movies and TV productions, neo classical in style and attitude, well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank esroom

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it. I am delighted you had a wonderful time with us at our gourmet night, and am very grateful for your kind recommendation,

V Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I booked afternoon tea as a present for a friend and we duly arrived at the mansion. Young men greeted us and escorted us into the beautiful lounge, took coats and brought the menu. Then my mistake became apparent. I had not booked Stoke Park but Stoke Place for our tea. This did not present a problem to the charming staff. We were offered the chance to exit and go to the correct venue but it was what I had planned so we stayed and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, though the toasted teacake had seen better days. One young man even telephoned Stoke Place to tell them of my mistake. Wish that I could justify a stay with all the attention and kindness shown to us yesterday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SHHAmersham

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your lovely review, and thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I am thrilled you had a wonderful experience with us, and thank you so much for your very kind comments regarding our staff- it is always our aim to exceed expectations and to make everyone feel at home, and we were very glad to welcome you!

I very much hope to welcome you back soon and thank you so much for coming ( accidentally or not!),

With very best wishes,

#1 of 1 in Hartwell
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield

Been to Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!