“Quiet drinks”

Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Went for a couple of quiet drinks, surroundings are very nice and staff are friendly. Ideal for relaxing, food looked appealing! Prices are quite high but worth it for the location, inside of the house just as nice as the outside, very good for conferences

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a great review of your experience at Stoke Park, we are thrilled to receive such positive feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My mum & I visited yesterday taking advantage of the Mind and Body Soul retreat offer. It was good value for money. We both had the 'sleep deeply' treatment which was a full body massage. My mum has suffered from some minor back problems recently and said the therapist was able to move some knots that others hadn't been able to. My therapist Karen was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The pool area doesn't have a separate hydro therapy section/ jacuzzi - they are on the edge of the pool so that isn't the best. However the pool is flooded with sunlight and was tranquil. We were there during 'splash time' (kids allowed) and there were few children - even observing aqua fit wasn't too noisy!! There is no sauna, only a steam room. The lunch was served in the relaxation room and was OK - my chicken caesar salad lacked anchovies, but my mums tuna salad was better. The snacks available all day - nuts, dried fruit and fresh fruit - were well topped up and lovely. We were taken on a tour of the facilities on arrival - and next time would make use of the huge gym and try and do a yoga class. If you like tennis this place is amazing, and I understand that with a spa day you can pre-book courts. After we'd finished we walked across to the other building - and went into The Orangery for tea. It is opulent, and the service was superb. The views over the golf course are lovely - there was an open fire - amazing flowers etc. Everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel. We were discussing when and for what occasion to come back as we drove away!! Finally - very convenient location - close to M4/ M25 - and 10 min drive from Slough Station (where its easy to pick up/ drop off).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this great review of your spa day here with us, it is always such a pleasure to see an insight of the spa through our guest’s eyes. I am especially pleased with your comments regarding our Therapist’s, as we pride ourselves on our staff on not only being friendly and professional but also on having detailed knowledge and delivering treatments to the highest standards. Our staff are seen as assets to Stoke Park to ensure guests leave with lasting memories and wanting to return.

I am thrilled that you had an amazing experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.. maybe to try a yoga class or play a game of tennis on our new artificial clay courts.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Waited over half an hour to be seated in the Humphreys restaurant on Saturday night, all seemed a bit chaotic despite it being a relatively small restaurant with plenty of staff. Breakfast the next morning wasn't better, had to order tea several times before it arrived, waiters got confused with orders. Lovely setting and fantastic rooms and spa with very friendly staff but the service is not 5 star and not good enough for a place of this calibre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you found our setting, rooms to be fantastic and our staff to be very friendly.

I am disappointed however to read your comments regarding the service around your dining- we always strive to exceed expectations and offer world class service befitting of our 5 Red Star standards and I would be delighted to talk with you personally about your experience, so please do get in touch with myself directly if you would like to elaborate more on your comments ,as this will help us identify why we did not in this occasion delivered our normally very high standards of service ,

Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

What a weekend helped by awesome weather...!! Amazing location, food was excellent, We ate dinner at the San Marco restaurant and lunch / breakfast at the orangery.. Service was 'mostly' great.. I say mostly as it seemed in the orangery they couldn't get it together even though lots of staff... Spa was very relaxing, I had the massuer Ann who was very knowledgable and confident and a lovely morning sunny walk ended our trip nicely..

Room Tip: We stayed in the pavilion... The more modern of the two buildings... Very comfortable!
1  Thank Kirstymt

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of stay here with us, including our beautiful surroundings and world class facilities.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comment regarding your experience in The Orangery, all your concerns have been duly noted and effectively communicated to all of the staff involved, as our standards of service are usually exceptional. We sincerely hope this did not reflect away from your otherwise pleasant stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Warmest regards

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at Stoke Park and I can honestly say its the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in.

The grounds are beautiful and exceptionally well kept.
The staff are beyond polite and helpful.

My hotel suite was stunning. Views across the grounds, stylishly decorated and very spacious. The bathroom was a dream.

A turndown service was offered along with a weather forecast of the next day. A lovely touch.

The three course meal in the restaurant was gorgeous. I highly recommend the venison.

I chose to have breakfast in my room. It was delivered very promptly and of the highest standard.

Could not recommend this hotel more. Very much looking forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review of your stay here with us, it has given me great pleasure to read through your comments and communicate these with all of the team involved.

I am absolutely delighted you had a wonderful stay with us - it is always our aim to exceed guest expectations and we are very grateful for you beautiful comments,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Stoke Park very soon,

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Returned to Stoke Park specifically for our anniversary dinner as we used the venue for our wedding in 2000. The front of house staff were particularly obliging and accommodating as I had inadvertently booked the San Marco restaurant in the Pavilion but really wanted to eat in the main house, and it was no trouble to move in to Humphrey's restaurant. The setting is truly wonderful and the evening was great.
All the staff in the restaurant gave exceptionally good service and were faultless. The food was scrumptious and came with lots of extra mini courses. The highish prices reflect the quality of the food and the service standards. It is a real treat to dine there once in a while and will look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for this wonderful review of your dining experience at Humphry’s, I am delighted to read such lovely comments and thrilled you had a wonderful anniversary!

I was especially pleased to read your comments about our team, as it is always our aim to exceed guest expectations,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Stoke Park soon and thank you so much for coming back to celebrate with us!

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had a really relaxing spa day as a gift package and was really impressed with all that was included. In addition to wonderful treatments I had a delicious lunch and could have used the pool too but was with my husband who doesn't swim(!). We also wandered around the grounds, looked in at the cosy lounges in the main building and played air hockey in the games room! The therapists were professional and kind, the restaurant very thoughtful, i was able to have gluten free rolls, and the receptionist extremely helpful. My husband was also made to feel very welcome as a guest even though he wasn't using the spa. All in all a really lovely day. I would definitely recommend the gift packages as they're great value.

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this great review of your spa day with us, I am thrilled to read such great all round comments. As here at Stoke Park we pride ourselves on not only our first class facilities and beautiful surroundings but also on our ability to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations which we hope will create lasting memories.

I am especially pleased with your comments regarding our therapists and receptionists, as we firmly believe that our happy, helpful and professional team contribute to our guests overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Stoke Park very soon.

Warmest wishes

Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell
9 mi away
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection

Been to Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!