Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
US$75
US$72
Travelocity
US$78
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Slough(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$68
PremierInn.com
The Bull Hotel(Gerrards Cross)
US$162
US$150
US$133
All reviewssan marcoafternoon teatennis courtsround of golfthe fine dining restaurantjames bondthe main housemarble bathroomgames roommansion housesandwichesjunior suitechanging roomsfive star hotellayer cakehuge bedroll top bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Stoke Park twice, the second time complimentary after a dreadful first stay where we were moved rooms three times due to staff errors. We also had a truly poor experience in the restaurant due to a rude, dismissive sommelier. Our second stay was much more pleasant and the manager was very kind, concerned and genuinely willing to make everyone's stay an excellent and welcoming experience. We have returned since for a meal and afternoon tea in San Marco as it has a nice contemporary feel and staff are hard working, friendly and welcoming, serving fabulous food.

Stoke Park is a nice place to stay, offering a Five Star experience but just doesn't quite deliver, it meets but doesn't exceed expectations. For example, on our last visit for afternoon tea, there was a long wait for the sandwiches and we were unable to use the electric car charging points as no-one could find the access keys. On the plus side, my wife purchased some body hand and body lotion that she loves and says is the best.

Room Tip: Rooms by the lift are spacious and surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KennStarr
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that your second stay with us was much more to what you would expect, and that you had a lovely time. I am delighted you had an excellent stay and found our staff to be welcoming.

It is always our aim to exceed our guest expectations and I understand from your review you felt for you, this wasn’t the case. I would be delighted to talk with you personally about this, and we greatly value your feedback,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Have stayed in many fine country house hotels but so far this is my favourite. Could not fault anything. It is very expensive but everything is done so well. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable, they cater very well for families. We went without the children but intend to return with them next time!!! Staff without exception were helpful, friendly and courteous. My only very slight criticism would be that the Italian restaurant is extremely overpriced but having said that the food was very nice.
This hotel totally deserves it's 5 red stars, very rarely does a hotel get everything right but I honestly think that stoke park does!

• Stayed: March 2014
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review of your stay here with us. I was blown away when reading through your wonderful comments – as here at Stoke Park we pride ourselves on not only our first class facilities and beautiful surroundings, but also on our ability to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations – which we hope will create last memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you so much for taking the time to write your review,

Warmest regards

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Went for a couple of quiet drinks, surroundings are very nice and staff are friendly. Ideal for relaxing, food looked appealing! Prices are quite high but worth it for the location, inside of the house just as nice as the outside, very good for conferences

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a great review of your experience at Stoke Park, we are thrilled to receive such positive feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My mum & I visited yesterday taking advantage of the Mind and Body Soul retreat offer. It was good value for money. We both had the 'sleep deeply' treatment which was a full body massage. My mum has suffered from some minor back problems recently and said the therapist was able to move some knots that others hadn't been able to. My therapist Karen was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The pool area doesn't have a separate hydro therapy section/ jacuzzi - they are on the edge of the pool so that isn't the best. However the pool is flooded with sunlight and was tranquil. We were there during 'splash time' (kids allowed) and there were few children - even observing aqua fit wasn't too noisy!! There is no sauna, only a steam room. The lunch was served in the relaxation room and was OK - my chicken caesar salad lacked anchovies, but my mums tuna salad was better. The snacks available all day - nuts, dried fruit and fresh fruit - were well topped up and lovely. We were taken on a tour of the facilities on arrival - and next time would make use of the huge gym and try and do a yoga class. If you like tennis this place is amazing, and I understand that with a spa day you can pre-book courts. After we'd finished we walked across to the other building - and went into The Orangery for tea. It is opulent, and the service was superb. The views over the golf course are lovely - there was an open fire - amazing flowers etc. Everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel. We were discussing when and for what occasion to come back as we drove away!! Finally - very convenient location - close to M4/ M25 - and 10 min drive from Slough Station (where its easy to pick up/ drop off).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this great review of your spa day here with us, it is always such a pleasure to see an insight of the spa through our guest’s eyes. I am especially pleased with your comments regarding our Therapist’s, as we pride ourselves on our staff on not only being friendly and professional but also on having detailed knowledge and delivering treatments to the highest standards. Our staff are seen as assets to Stoke Park to ensure guests leave with lasting memories and wanting to return.

I am thrilled that you had an amazing experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.. maybe to try a yoga class or play a game of tennis on our new artificial clay courts.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Waited over half an hour to be seated in the Humphreys restaurant on Saturday night, all seemed a bit chaotic despite it being a relatively small restaurant with plenty of staff. Breakfast the next morning wasn't better, had to order tea several times before it arrived, waiters got confused with orders. Lovely setting and fantastic rooms and spa with very friendly staff but the service is not 5 star and not good enough for a place of this calibre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you found our setting, rooms to be fantastic and our staff to be very friendly.

I am disappointed however to read your comments regarding the service around your dining- we always strive to exceed expectations and offer world class service befitting of our 5 Red Star standards and I would be delighted to talk with you personally about your experience, so please do get in touch with myself directly if you would like to elaborate more on your comments ,as this will help us identify why we did not in this occasion delivered our normally very high standards of service ,

Best wishes,