Lock in the lowest price from these sites
1,182 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2020

On the whole we enjoyed our stay at Stoke Park
Particularly the golf course the staff were exceptionally helpful and kind a credit to the Course
We ate in both restaurants, neither outstanding but Humphreys was the better of the two with great service.
The room was comfortable if a little dated and for the price should of had a fridge and at least a mirror near a socket and my biggest gripe.... whats with the dingy lighting? couldn’t even read the newspaper!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rutlandtracy
Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

We went for a break away to Stoke Park and just had the most wonderful three days. The idea of going there was to feel like we were on holiday and thanks to the kindness of the team and their willingness to help at all times, we certainly did. Great facilities, superb grounds but the people are the highlight! Thank you we will be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talence70
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

My 8 year old daughter and I had a wonderful 3 night stay here during October half term.

Nothing was too much trouble. Everything was superb from the service, food, kids club and spa. The beds were also extremely comfortable and the surroundings gorgeous and extremely Covid secure. I can’t recommend it highly enough and we will definitely stay again. Also terrific value.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jessicaY9809GU
Reviewed 24 October 2020

Visited as a birthday surprise. We stayed in the Sherlock room which was large but equally cosy. 2 nice easy chairs by the window overlooking the lake and golf course. Huge bathroom with sumptuous towels and robes.

The staff were excellent, polite and courteous, the only thing that spoiled the 2 night stay was the very disappointing food and the poor decoration of the only restaurant open on the nights we were there, The Orangery. Decor very old and tired, carpet had huge stains all through the room, furniture rather not in keeping with the rest of the surroundings.

Food very poor. As this was the only place to eat there were just 4 choices of starter, mains & deserts which were the same each night. The food on the first night was ok, I had the Duck nicely spaced between courses but the second night it was like being in McDonalds and the quality very poor. I had the steak on mustard mash. The mash cold, the steak tough more, fat than meat. I did complain and it was taken off the bill. Excellent choice of breakfast but again McDonalds. Good quality, nicely presented but my hot meal arrived before I had even got halfway through my yoghurt and fruit.

I appreciate these are difficult times but with a hotel with this reputation you would expect even now for the food to be of the highest quality. Sadly not.

We enjoyed the golf but very slow and muddy fairways with no facilities to clean shoes or trolleys

Room tip: Sherlock lovely, with fire if required nice views.
Date of stay: October 2020
Giammario Ragnoli, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and am happy to read you enjoyed your room and our grounds and thank you for choosing us to celebrate your birthday! Also thank you for your lovely comment regarding our staff- it is always our aim to exceed our guests expectations and am grateful for your kind words.

Just regarding the golf, I assume it must have been a wet day as our fairways are normally immaculate- we have also removed the cleaning facilities for cleaning shoes and trollies due to the Covid safety guidelines currently in place.

I am sorry to read you felt disappointed with our food and The Orangery restaurant. I appreciate all feedback and am looking into your comments. As you can imagine we pride ourselves on our cuisine, and any negative feedback is always cause for concern,

With Best Wishes,

Giammario

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Stunning building set in amazing grounds. On a arrival we had sandwiches in the lounge by a fire which was lit as soon as we sat down. Dinner in the Gourmet Restaurant was first class. Service & food perfect. Although our room wasn't huge it had everything we needed & was very well presented. Will definitely return for another night in the near future.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Christopher P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our Humphry's restaurant too!

We really hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you so much for coming to stay with us,

With Very Best Wishes,