I have read the reviews below, and we must have picked a particularly bad day. Visited Stoke Place this afternoon (Easter Monday) with my parents for afternoon tea and I have to say that the experience was not a good one. Despite making a reservation in the Garden room, we were moved to a room with no view and no atmosphere. Whilst the tea itself was well presented the member of staff serving us added nothing for the experience and indeed brought us our bill half way through the tea and then asked for us to pay. Nothing like destroying an experience. We found it soulless and would not go back or advise anyone else to attend for afternoon tea. Very disappointing particularly as it was an Easter present for my parents. We felt shepherded in and shepherded out. Considering the whole experience was £80 for 3 people I feel it was a lot of money NOT well spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom