Stoke Place
US$85
US$82
US$74
US$71
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Travelodge Slough(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$49
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$72
PremierInn.com
The Bull Hotel(Gerrards Cross)
US$139
TripAdvisor
US$132
PremierInn.com
All reviewsgarden roomafternoon teathe cottagesthe main houseon arrivalgrounds are lovelyqueen annelarge lakestandard roomwedding plannercourse mealcountry houseeggs benedictbar menusconeswine listbridal suite
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked this lovely boutique Hotel & we were delighted with our stay. We were upgraded to a cottage room which is in the grounds of hotel, a minute walk to main hotel. It had a huge bed & a lovely roll top bath & wet room shower. All immaculately clean with crisp quality bedding & robes. The food was fabulous & well presented. The service was excellent ,staff courteous & helpful, especially Mohammed on reception who couldn't have been more helpful. A lovely pub the Red Iion is a 3min walk from hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel & will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: We looked at executive room which was large a very nicely decorated. We also asked to see a suite & that was fabulous, it was the Queen Anne suite. The cottage room we had was excellent, with massive bed & roll top bath & wet room shower.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl H
Terry M, General Manager at Stoke Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the lovely review, I will pass on the comliments to the team especially Mohammed, who made you feel so welcome. We are constantly trying to improve our ways and am glad to see it is working.

Once again thank you for your review

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at Stoke Place over Christmas, we got an excellent rate and the service was exceptional, right from booking to checking out. There was a lovely selection of food on the menu. We stayed in the standard room which was small but beautifully decorated.
The staff were very accomodating to our needs and very friendly.

Booking up asap for valentines weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back which over look the grounds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine G

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for choosing Stoke Place to spend your Christmas we enjoyed having you. I will pass on the compliments to the chef and the hotel team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

When I say this place is awful, trust me it's awful. Myself and my wife changed rooms 3 times in a 3 night stay. The first room resembled a cheap run down US motel room across from the reception in garden of some sorts all joined together, on entering my wife nearly cried it was horrific, our bags never even touched the floor. The second room ( much nicer decor ) was next in the middle of a building site, with fumes from the paint, chainsaws, drills, carpet around us taped up, workers with radio on eating sandwiches painting !!!!! Really Stoke Park you should be ashamed... The food is dire and lacks any taste and the portions are for a 2 year old, the staff are rude with exception to a lovely lady at breakfast.I live nearby in Beaconsfield and frequently use Stoke Park, The Grove, The Runnymede for business, Stoke Place is a hazard, as stated don't waste your money.......!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank natsha80

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel. I have passed your comments on to the team so they may review and put systems in place moving forward. We always welcome feedback as this is the only way to improve things.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Came here for a christmas dinner. We were all told to arrive by 7.30pm so that food could be served promptly. However, food did not arrive on our tables until well after 8.20pm. The portions were tiny and tasteless. The bread was the best food served all night.

The staff were also incredibly rude - I had asked for some water - the waitress gave me a somewhat horrified look and told me to fetch it myself from the bar. As I was at the bar, the gentleman took 10 minutes to obtain this glass of tap water and had no wine list when I asked for one. He was then unable to give me the price of a bottle of champagne I wanted and asked me to go to another bar which was miles away from where we were seated.

All in all an horrible experience and we will not be going back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank katfood168
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I went to Stoke Place for afternoon tea with friends just before Christmas. We were shown through to a rather austere and weird room "The Garden Room", which had probably been servant's quarters in a previous life. We had booked a Champagne Afternoon Tea which we were expecting to be something a little special.
Firstly there were no table cloths on the table. The chairs were very odd - those bendy framed chairs that were so popular in hospital canteens in the 1970s, but upholstered in green. It was all a bit incongruous. Then the service. There were only three tables occupied but it took ages to be brought our champagne and was a full 40 minutes before our sandwiches and cakes arrived. We were starving by then! The food was very good, but it would have been good if the waiter had explained what was in the sandwiches and what the cakes were. By the time we had finished we were the only ones left in the room and the staff had completely disappeared. It was rather spooky and we weren't made to feel welcome at all. A very mechanical experience, and we won't be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends