“Beautiful and peaceful”
Review of Stoke Place

Stoke Place
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely overnight stay, with dinner and breakfast included in our offer. Service was outstanding, we were notified in advance of potential interruptions to our stay which was much appreciated. We stayed in the lodges and used the bicycles

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The service and grounds here are very nice. The staff are helpful and friendly. I was here on business and easily got myself to train and went into paddington station. My only complaint is the intermittent wifi. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank 2newdocs
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have just spent a memorable weekend here.
The Hotel is set in acres of beautiful grounds and lake.
The food was excellent. The rib eye of beef was the best I have ever tasted. So succulent. The staff could not do enough for us. Everything we asked for , they supplied for us , with a smile.
A very big thank you to Ian , the manager , who was there 24/7.
And to Patrick who helped out with last minute arrangements.
A very cosy boutique Country Hotel with a. Ery relaxed feel to the place.
We will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This lovely old hotel is set in beautiful grounds with a large pretty lake at the end. You can take a walk right round the lake and see beautiful floating lilies, a variety of ducks with their babies, geese and swans. We also saw deer and squirrels, dragon flies and lots of birds. There is adequate outdoor seating to enjoy the views, have a drink, and even eat breakfast! The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The operational manager and the MD are super blokes who took time out of their very busy schedule ( there was a big wedding for them to deal with), to stop and have a laugh and chat with us. The chef is brilliant, producing tasty and interesting food. If there is a down side to this hotel is would only be the price. It is quite expensive!

Room Tip: Room 12 was nice and peaceful, very comfortable and has a large shower, but no bath. Also has quite...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Champagne27_12
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was treated here for a birthday break. The hotel builidng was modest. Nice decor in the main areas. The room was ok - decor was a little tatty. But unfortunately we were greeted with some faeces in the toilet. Maybe its not that big a deal - but i have never had this issue with any other hotel i have stay at, and some were low 2- star establishments. We didnt think this was acceptable. If that hadn't been cleaned - what else hadn't. The lady at the desk - Monika offered another room to us. But it was far smaller so we declined. Instead she said housekeeping will come by in an hour or so to clean it. Fine. We decided to go for a walk on the grounds - which were perhaps not as beautiful as described on their website. The areas surrounding the lake was quite 'mucky'. Did not look well maintained. There was geese poop all over the grounds. The romantic walk ended up with us trying to avoid the mess and tip toeing our way around. Anyway 2 hours later...back to our room and the toilet still hadn't been cleaned. We called the front desk and the lady at the desk offered to clean for us - but it was not her job. Finally another hour later housekeeping turned up with the manager who offered us complimenarty drinks at our dinner. Not very impressed....What was more frustrating after dinner i decided to take a nice relaxing bath after a relatively unneccessarily stresful start to the break. I grabbed a towel only to find black clumps in the white towels...i couldn't quite tell you what they were apart from it was sizeable dark matter imbedded into the towel. My husband took the towel downstairs to the front desk. After these two inccidents on the first night...we tried to not let it spoil our break. In general the staff were very friendly and helpful. A big thank you to Monika for having to deal with these issues. The breakfast was decent, the dinner was ok but we thought it was far too pricey for what it was. Overall we would not recommend or be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I had an early morning conference at this hotel, so my company very kindly booked me in the night before.

The hotel itself is set in 28 acres of beautiful countryside and has a seducing effect upon arrival, that continues throughout your stay leaving you longing for more.

Right from check in until check out each and everyone of the staff here were incredibly tentative and nothing was too much trouble. Terry, the hotel manager has a frat team here and runs his hotel with super efficiency.

Back to my experience, I checked in and was shown to my room (number 3). The room was perfect for my needs, a king size bed an amazing stand alone bath and separate shower and toilet. Bedding was amazingly comfortable and pillows were equally soft and fluffy!

Walking down to the restaurant and bar area and the place has a stately home feel to the place which was very nice. No need to stand waiting at the bar take a seat and the staff will take your order from your seat. With it being an early summers evening I took advantage of sitting out on the terrace and enjoyed watching the geese and little monk jack deers across the manicured lawns.

Next day of the conference and everything went smoothly I can see why this is an ideal place for conferences and weddings alike superb setting and excellent service.

I shall definitely be returning with my wife for a little bit of luxury and indulgence in a very romantic setting.

Thanks terry and staff

Wes

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Played golf at Stoke Park they stayed here for the night. I stayed in room 28 (highly recommend) which is one of the rooms not in the house. The room was excellent & well above my expectations. The breakfast the next morning again was top notch. Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
#13 of 21 in Slough
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor

Been to Stoke Place? Share your experiences!