I booked a DBB deal and we stayed in room 25 (attic). I really think these should be 'single' rooms as they are tiny as is the bathroom. There's not enough room in it to dry yourself! Also as previous people have commented it's up a steep flight of narrow stairs. Thankfully there's aircon that works in the room but could do without the heated towel rail in the bathroom staying on all night in the height of summer as it makes it unbearably hot, Having said that, the food at dinner was excellent and so was the breakfast and I loved the retro furniture especially the green Arpo leaf chairs outside. However if you are looking for a traditional country house hotel - it might not be to your taste. Also there is some noisy maintenance work being carried out at the moment, which slightly spoils sitting outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom