My partner and i recently went to Stoke Place and had a really lovely time. The first and most favourite thing about the venue are the grounds, which are wonderful for walking, entertaining a family, holding a wedding or an event. The place is going to be even more beautiful in the summer when the flowers and trees are in full force.
The venue has a very trendy, quirky feel to it and so is very different to the normal bog standard hotel. Each room in the house is different and has a theme to it. The rooms are light and bright with a mixture of traditional and modern furniture that works well and is all in keeping with the property. For bedrooms, i would choose to stay in the manor house. Although the others are very nice, it is lovely to be part of the main house (if they are available). The decor of the rooms are of a good choice and have all the facilities that you need. We stayed in the Queen Anne Suite which was a lovely spacious suite, with dark wooden furniture and beautiful large windows with great views. Comfy beds too.
I beleive a spa is coming soon which will be great for the venue, however there is a massage/ beauty treatment service in room.
It’s a really nice place and very versatile. You can hold a small conference, take over the venue exclusively in the week, hold a wedding or go for a romantic weekend with your partner. There are lots of countryside things to do nearby and it is not an exhaustive journey from London so you will come back refreshed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom