Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Breakfast included
Kirbsak

A luxurious English country house and estate experience.

Review of Cliveden House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
The National Trust has done wonders restoring and enhancing the beautifully located Cliveden estate over recent years and the hotel continues to go from strength to strength.
The quality of accommodation, spa, restaurants (partic the main dining room) provide for a luxurious guest experience as befits this lovely house. Well done.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Savour the whole experience, ie both restaurants, the full extent of the grounds and the spa..
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Francisco Macedo, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this review
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear Kirbsack,

Thank you for your glowing review!

We're delighted to hear that you appreciate the efforts of the National Trust in restoring the Gardens and the ones of our team in enhancing the Cliveden experience and restoring the House.

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed our rooms, spa, and dining options.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to continue exceeding your expectations!

£190
    £124
2.1 miles from Cliveden House
View more hotels in Taplow
2,152 results
All reviews national trust astor grill afternoon tea outdoor pool chewton glen french dining residents lounge steeped in history spring cottage downton abbey tasting menu formal gardens special occasion main restaurant lady astor suite stately home main hall
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cliveden House is quite possible one of the greatest places I have ever stayed. From the moment you enter the gates, you are treated with the utmost care. Ever question was answered with a smile and I felt truly pampered the entire time. The room spa, food, staff, grounds, and bath were fantastic. I will certainly be returning. Thank you for all of your help Catherine!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Francisco Macedo, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Here's a personalized thank you note for this TripAdvisor review:

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Cliveden House! We're delighted to hear that you felt pampered from start to finish and enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

Catherine and the rest of our team look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful visit.

See you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In August, 2023, I started planning a trip to the UK for September, 2024 to coincide with a cruise we will be taking that ends in Southampton, England. We decided to spend an 10 additional days staying in country house hotels around England. I did extensive research and chose several hotels to book. I had wanted to END our trip at Cliveden House as I had read about it many times and thought it would be a special way to conclude our trip. After trying to book online for a reservation there for September, 2024, there were no rooms available. As this was 13 months in advance I was surprised that there was no availability so I contacted the hotel reservations department and was told there was going to be an "exclusive private event" for that time period. I had no problem with this as there was plenty of time to make other plans. I then decided to START our tour of England at Cliveden House instead and even didn't mind rebooking the other 3 hotels as we were now going in reverse order from our original plans. I had no problem booking the available dates at Cliveden House, so I made a reservation and paid a one night's deposit. Fast forward to this April, 2024 (now only 5 months before our confirmed reservation at Cliveden House), I received an email that there was going to be an "exclusive private event" during the time of our stay so therefore they were going to have to cancel our reservation! They asked if I could perhaps come on a different date, listing what was available. I couldn't believe that one of the dates they were now offering were dates I had originally wanted to book back in August (so I could have ended my trip at Cliveden House!). Of course I was not about to try to (again) rebook the other 3 hotels, knowing that at any time Cliveden could once again have an "exclusive private event" cancelling another reservation of ours. I wish I were writing to share about what a wonderful experience we had at the hotel, but as they cancelled us (and with short notice), I am writing to alert other potential guests that they too could have their reservation cancelled at ANY time if someone comes along and books an "exclusive private event"-Thirteen months ahead is completely understandable, but cancelling FIVE months in advance of our visit not only frustrated and greatly disappointed us, but it put us in a situation where I had to spend considerable time to find a comparable and available replacement hotel.

Date of stay: August 2023

Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced,

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and ensure is addressed properly, so perhaps you could contact me directly?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a trip to treat myself to a belated Leap Year birthday, and it was perfect in every way. I loved how attentive the staff were, the gorgeous room and warm welcome, and the lovely grounds. I felt special and looked after, and I loved walking the grounds which were immaculately kept. What a special place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for choosing Cliveden House to celebrate your special Leap Year birthday!

We're overjoyed to hear that your experience was perfect in every way. It’s wonderful that you felt well-cared for by our staff and enjoyed both your room and our beautifully kept grounds - Amazing work done by the National Trust there!

We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and l ( plus Phoebe our Giant Schnauzer) have just returned from a wonderful stay at Cliveden, we could not fault
any aspect of our stay and have already booked a return trip
in September!!We feel we have found a superb place to enjoy and be pampered whenever we need getaway !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

We're delighted that you, your husband, and Phoebe had a wonderful stay at Cliveden, and It's fantastic to hear that you’ve already planned your return in September.

We look forward to pampering you again and making your next getaway just as enjoyable, if not even better!

See you in September....if not before!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Superb stay from booking through to departure. Staff outstanding, room perfect, facilities superb, public areas large and comfortable, spa area and both pools excellent, beautiful breakfast room and stunning views, exceptional grounds and gardens, helpfully flexibe on timings (arrival etc). Really appreciated very warm welcome from wonderful Leanne, tour from George, very helpful porters, ditto very helpful spa staff. Lovely to meet Hotel Manager Mr Jordan Hughes; we really appreciated his personal interest in our stay. Overall - perfect - outstanding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your outstanding review!

We're so pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay at Cliveden—from the warm welcome by Leanne to the personal attention from Jordan, who has just joined us.

Your kind words about our team, facilities, and grounds mean a lot to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another perfect visit!