“Wonderful wedding venue”
Review of Taplow House Hotel

Taplow House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taplow
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I could write an essay on how wonderful my wedding day was, made even more perfect by the fabulous staff at Taplow House. Gabrielle, our wedding co-ordinator made sure I didn't become a Bridezilla, as she ensured all my worries were addressed and dealt with on a truly professional and personal way. We had a couple of concerns with the name and entrance to the new brasserie which were again, dealt with totally to our satisfaction. Having also had dinner here with my "girls" the night before the wedding, I am confident to say that I will be back to dine here again too. Everything was perfect and made for a day to remember not only for us but for our guests too. Thank you all so very much.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This large house has been turned into a cozy (30-ish bed) hotel with grand rooms (spacious and quietly luxurious), lovely terrace overlooking a sunken lawn and a generally friendly and good-service feel.

There's no spa/pool so it's not quite a 'destination', neither is Taplow a destination in itself, so it's only because of a friend's wedding in the area that we found this hotel. It's a pity since a place like this on the beaten track would be full every night. Maybe just as well!

The hotel offers free wifi (check), free water in the rooms (check) and while the service isn't always the most polished, it was friendly, well-meaning and very flexible (eg we arrived late for breakfast and then fancied eating on the terrace - there wasn't even a pause between our asking and a table being set for us). The beds were a bit small (standard sized double) and a bit soft.

We had a really relaxing stay and should we ever need to be in the Taplow area again (!) we'd have no hesitation about returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Walking the Thames Path, this was my last stay near the river last year and my first this year. The building and grounds are very nice and I like the country feel rather than staying in town. But last year I was not given the room I was promised and while they made it up to me fully with a beautiful one this year there was still a mix-up on arrival.

My assessment in general is that the staff, all very nice people, aren't trained as well as they could be for such a nice property. Besides the 2 incidents mentioned I found somewhat unprofessional service. For instance a barman who didn't know anything about the wines on offer nor did he even seem to understand what it was I wanted to know, dining room staff having a loud and unpleasant conversation near my table at breakfast. So I believe a general upgrade in staff training would make the guest experience more in keeping with the image I believe they hope to project.

There are a variety of rooms and to avoid disappointment as I experienced last year I recommend a clear description of what one is reserving and to not accept a lesser substitute. Despite the deficiencies I still enjoyed staying at Taplow House and would certainly consider returning.

Room Tip: A variet of room sizes, know what you're getting.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I planned a 2 day business event with 27 guests staying for between 2/4 nights.

The location was vital as over half of the guests were travelling internationally. Being close to Heathrow this was perfect. I also feel the hotel offered amazing value for money which was important.

I booked the Tulip room for the meeting and two break-out rooms – all were prefect for the meeting. I also arrange private dining in the Grenfell room for lunch and evening meal which provided a beautiful setting. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was exquisite and enjoyed by all. Woofies, the bar downstairs was great for an informal drink and food and the hotel bar was perfect with a lovely glass of port! A real mix of old a new – the best of both worlds.

The rooms were charming, comfortable and clean and all of the rooms I saw were of a high standard. Although it rained during my stay the grounds are lovely for a gentle stroll before dinner.

From the first viewing I had confidence in the hotel staff’s ability to carry out my requests. The staff where all lovely, professional and worked well as a team. They could not be more helpful and made my job so much easier as I could reply on them. I had requested cocktail for my guests, flowers, taxis to airports plus many other items– the hotel arranged everything I needed and with a smile.

Would I recommend this hotel – 100% yes. Would I return – 100% yes and I hope to do so.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My new husband and I got married at Taplow House Hotel and it was the best day of our lives. We decided on Taplow House as we thought it was more of a cosy country hotel compared to some other venues we visited, suited the numbers we had for our wedding and had lovely grounds and rooms.

from the beginning our hotel wedding coordinator, Gabrielle, was fantastic in making sure we had covered all areas for our civil service, wedding breakfast and evening party. On the day of our wedding everything ran smoothly. The wedding breakfast 3 course meal was delicious, the service of the staff was excellent and friendly and the evening buffet was soon polished off and reports from guests was it was tasty.

Taplow House - thank you so much for making our wedding day so special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have stayed here for the last 5 christmasses & they are excellent with the room, food, service etc..
Cant wait to join them again this year!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BusheyMace
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at THH for a wedding, a superb setting and the rooms were superb. A great combo of classic british with modern technology (wifi, flat screen, air-con).

Beautiful grounds.

Food was good for a 90 person sitting.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank esw1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taplow
Cliveden House
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham
Macdonald Compleat Angler

Been to Taplow House Hotel? Share your experiences!